Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the best flash modifier?
Softlighter
Beauty Dish
Bedsheet taped to something
Octabank
Fleshlight
View Results

• Locked thread
8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
People signing contracts with anyone from MM is just silly, I don't use a contracts for TFP portfolio fodder and I won't sign anyone else's. I don't need a model's permission for promotional use and I won't ask someone to give me commercial rights to their likeness unless it's a paying job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc
I'll shoot all day long if it's good for me or my portfolio, if someone approaches me it's unlikely I'll shoot the job for free. I'm still a dayjob haver though so I can afford to shoot a few things that sound fun and still eat.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
I replied to a CL listing for an "online magazine" that was starting up a Seattle version and was looking for photographers. Turns out they weren't looking for editorial spreads they wanted you to sticker tag local stuff with their logo and take a photo of it. Oh and the person "running" the operation was a 20 year old marketing student who doesn't seem to know how to lock down her FB privacy settings in TYOOL 2015 so I saw all her random posts about minimum wage activists being lazy. My refusal email was a little mean.

• Locked thread