Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the best flash modifier?
Softlighter
Beauty Dish
Bedsheet taped to something
Octabank
Fleshlight
View Results

• Locked thread
DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006
I just finished a 9 month stint as an assistant, working two or three days a week, but I can't remember anything as horrible as these. My boss was actually reasonable.

We did have an incident with an assistant, though. Over the winter we had a big fashion shoot, but I fell sick just a few days before it started. We'd already booked one more experienced assistant, so we just had to find another one on very short notice, just an extra pair of hands. The job involved having the assistants drive most of the gear over 1200 km, while the rest of the crew had flights. The first few days were not a problem, but on the night before the last shooting day the replacement went out for drinks, got absolutely poo poo-faced, got back to the hotel at around 6AM, and was utterly incapable of getting out of bed. So the remaining assistant had to do everything by himself, including driving back most of the way, because the replacement was still too drunk to sit behind the wheel when the day wrapped. Mind you, this was a 1200km drive over about 14-15 hours, and the idea was that the two could switch when needed and get some sleep while the other one was driving. The replacement ended up being so embarrassed she forfeited her pay.

DanTheFryingPan fucked around with this message at 11:23 on May 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread