Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the best flash modifier?
Softlighter
Beauty Dish
Bedsheet taped to something
Octabank
Fleshlight
View Results

• Locked thread
iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Reality show contest bit reminds me of a group interview I did for a local family portrait studio. Since I was the only guy in a group of about 15 other women so I had to make sure I tried a little to stand out. My friend was part of the hiring process but said she gave 0 input as to whether I should've been hired or not because she didn't want to show favoritism. So it was cool that I got the job on my own merits.

After I got the gig I worked there for about 4 hours before the owner of the studio asked me to meet with him at the sports bar next door along with my friend who was the assistant manager at the time. Holding my application and pretending to really examine and ponder it he proceeded to tell me I wasn't "Magical" enough to work at his studio and I wouldn't be trained as a photographer which he claimed cost thousands of dollars out of pocket for him. I nodded through the entire meeting and as soon as we were done I walked right out to my car and went home. Friend texted me and apologized profusely and said I would get paid for my half day and I told her to not even bother.

The thing is I was told to avoid working for the guy by people that knew him, and I still decided to take the chance. This is a guy who runs the biggest photography meetup group in the state and only posts events where he teaches you how to "fix" your poorly exposed photos and peddles his custom LR presets for $$$ so you can achieve the same Magical look that his studio offers.

Probably for the best. When a grown rear end man tells you that you aren't magical enough for his cookie cutter operation instead of expressing concerns like a normal loving adult its probably the best to get the gently caress outta dodge.

iSheep fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Apr 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
It's just the fairly typical portrait photography look the masses desire of crushed blacks, vignetting, and overblown highlights. It's literally indistinguishable from all other photos of the genre.

They're not technically bad just aggressively generic.

• Locked thread