Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
I think so but there are plenty well reasoned people here in this forum that will convince you that goony men using women's bathrooms is okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
Can't wait to see how gender reassignment surgery copes with the incoming lack of working antibiotics.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

WoodrowSkillson posted:

God said be fruitful and multiply, and that is the greatest thing a woman can do with the gifts God has given her.

I multiply fruity smoothies on the reg does that count towards Gods plan?

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Only if an infant pops out at the end.

Food baby?!?!?

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

OwlFancier posted:

I feel there is a mathematical issue with the notion of multiplying by dying in childbirth.

No issue, I guarantee it!

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Volkerball posted:

If a man says they identify as a woman, there's a genetic reason behind that, oriented around that person legitimately having female brain structures. Being a woman is in their DNA.

Brain structure has much more variability than genetic structure. Considering there are only about 30 thousand genes in the genome compared to 87 billion neurones in the brain, it is likely that, apart from possible special cases, gender identification stems more from the connectome than the genome.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Volkerball posted:

*nods politely*

I hope this understanding stops you from erroneously classifying gender dysphoria as a genetic condition in the future.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

asdf32 posted:

And genes control brain structure

There is quite a bit more to it than that.

asdf32 posted:

gender is innate.

uhhh

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Culinary Bears posted:

Right, I know this is from five pages ago, but there's been further speculation regarding such a magic pill so I'm throwing in my two cents.

This sentiment is absurd. How in the world is surgery and hormones closer to a lobotomy than a hypothetical pill or procedure that erases someone's identity?

Sure, there are risks to surgery and hormones. Well, I'm not aware of any psychiatric medications with no risks of serious side effects. Some are potentially lethal and/or addictive. It can be a very long time and/or a matter of luck to find something that adequately treats whatever issue without a negative impact to something else.

At least the neat thing about hormones is you can tell pretty quickly whether they make you feel better. If you feel worse, you can stop. There are some irreversible effects, but they're not some on/off switch -- they generally take a long time of hormone use to build up to a significant extent (e.g. a trans man starting male pattern baldness).

In terms of my personal experience, I see this as a straightforward, physical issue. I don't ultimately care what gender may or may not mean. I just know that I'm happier, healthier, and more productive with testosterone. And it's not doing myself or anyone else any substantial harm. So how am I the crazy one as opposed to someone who would want to take that away?

Yeah I agree, there is no point at all developing alternative treatments for this problem, irreversible surgery that is not accessible to the vast majority of the worlds transgender population and extremely dangerous unless done by a highly qualified surgeon is the only solution, and is the perfect solution.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Nevvy Z posted:

No one is really 100% expert on the way the human brain works and the best way to understand it is to accept it's reality from those who experience it.

Subjective experience and perception is completely in line with objective reality and should not be questioned, you heard it here first folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Thalantos posted:

These are the peeps that think that rape has to equal penetration, right?

Joke's on them, girlie hormones have killed my penis, I can't get that sucker up anymore, lol!

Good luck penetrating stuff with a limp noodle!

I believe the technical term is "pushing rope".

• Locked thread