Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Wait, are people taking these stories seriously?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

kizudarake posted:

I'm just cross posting them to STDH because it's all S that didn't happen to him.

Ok, just making sure nobody actually believes this, and they all realize it's complete fiction.

SO I CALLED THE COPS ABOUT SOMETHING GOING WRONG IN MY ILLEGAL POKER GAME AND THEY TOTALLY HELPED US CATCH THE GUY.

just loving lol.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

maporfic posted:

Would you recommend this lifestyle to your own children?

Neither the OP's lifestyle nor any children exist in any meaningful or real way.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

PreacherTom posted:

What's the worst beat you've taken, and what's the best fleece that you've pulled off?

Literally no beats were ever taken, and no fleeces were pulled off, unless they were purchased at Old Navy.

Earwicker posted:

and yet they are still more interesting than anything you will ever post

oh nooooooooo my posting!!!!

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Earwicker posted:

seriously tho what is the point of coming into a thread where someone is telling stories to do this smug "its fake" routine? we can all already, on our own, decide whether we believe the stories or not

i dunno, whats the point of coming into a thread that's full of obvious bullshit that doesn't even hang together and begging for more stories?

its almost like this forum is for discussion, and we're both participating just from different sides.........

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Earwicker posted:

the stories are plausible enough that they are interesting and entertaining to read, that's the point. whether they actually happened or not is immaterial. if you don't find the stories interesting or entertaining I don't really get what you are doing here because "random nerd thinks stories aren't realistic" is not really useful to anyone. whenever stories like these are told, it can be safely assumed that there are people who do not believe they are materially true, it's one of those things that can go without saying, and should.

if you don't find my contributions interesting or entertaining, i don't really get what you are doing responding because 'random nerd who has never been outside and finds these stories plausible' is not really useful to anyone. whanever stories like these are told, it can be safely assumed that somehow there are people who will believe they are materially true, it's one of those things that can go without whining, and should.

maporfic posted:

Have you turned on your TV lately? Those stories are just as true, yet people watch them 6 hours a day.

I dunno, I guess I'd rather just watch Rounders. Plus it's kind of fun to see just how gullible goons can be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Earwicker posted:

The reason I'm responding is because I'm honestly curious as to what motivates you to barge into a thread about a subject you clearly know nothing about and declare the stories to be "fake" over and over again based on ignorant assumptions like a home poker game being "illegal".

Chalk is Cheap posted:

Among other things I'm an SA lurker, a pool enthusiast, a poker player and all around degenerate gambler. For anyone who doubts the truth of these stories all I can ask is have you ever been involved in this culture? Nothing Jase1 has said comes anywhere near being unbelievable. The personalities are standard and the situations make sense. I dunno, maybe he's making poo poo up. All I can tell you is even if he is full of poo poo he's been around pool/poker/gambling.

TL:DR haters keep hating.

I dunno, I played pool and poker and such for a number of years, and while I have a story or two that are pared down (read: realistic) versions of a couple of the stories, the sheer volume and the over-the-top nature of some of the stories just makes them seem really childishly ~*cool dude*~.

I realize that for people like Earwicker who haven't ever played pool in a pool hall or been to a poker game (illegal or not!!! some home games are illegal bro!), it's cool to think that there's a REAL LIFE poker-and-pool master version of Saul Goodman wheelin' around out there. But that just doesn't really happen. Life is a lot less wacky than that. Sorry.

That said, if you don't like my posts, they are easy to scroll past, and there is an ignore button too (just for your future reference, in case you ever have your feelings hurt by a big meanie poster again) I figured you'd be aware of it, considering your experience with the forums, but since you didn't seem to be, maybe you can take something positive from this experience and learn something new, aside from the fact that these stories are p. badly done. :unsmith:

I'll let you guys go back to fellating this dude for transcribing every old drunk dude in a pool hall's stories about how cool they are onto the forums for you though.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread