Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Captain Monkey posted:

Neither the OP's lifestyle nor any children exist in any meaningful or real way.

and yet they are still more interesting than anything you will ever post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Captain Monkey posted:

Literally no beats were ever taken, and no fleeces were pulled off, unless they were purchased at Old Navy.

oh nooooooooo my posting!!!!

seriously tho what is the point of coming into a thread where someone is telling stories to do this smug "its fake" routine? we can all already, on our own, decide whether we believe the stories or not

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Captain Monkey posted:

i dunno, whats the point of coming into a thread that's full of obvious bullshit that doesn't even hang together and begging for more stories?

its almost like this forum is for discussion, and we're both participating just from different sides.........

the stories are plausible enough that they are interesting and entertaining to read, that's the point. whether they actually happened or not is immaterial. if you don't find the stories interesting or entertaining I don't really get what you are doing here because "random nerd thinks stories aren't realistic" is not really useful to anyone. whenever stories like these are told, it can be safely assumed that there are people who do not believe they are materially true, it's one of those things that can go without saying, and should.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Captain Monkey posted:

if you don't find my contributions interesting or entertaining, i don't really get what you are doing responding because 'random nerd who has never been outside and finds these stories plausible' is not really useful to anyone.

The reason I'm responding is because I'm honestly curious as to what motivates you to barge into a thread about a subject you clearly know nothing about and declare the stories to be "fake" over and over again based on ignorant assumptions like a home poker game being "illegal".

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Captain Monkey posted:

I realize that for people like Earwicker who haven't ever played pool in a pool hall or been to a poker game (illegal or not!!! some home games are illegal bro!), it's cool to think that there's a REAL LIFE poker-and-pool master version of Saul Goodman wheelin' around out there. But that just doesn't really happen. Life is a lot less wacky than that. Sorry.

I've been to plenty of poker games and you have yet to actually point out anything at all in these stories that makes them so implausible. :confused: Like I said, I'm sure they are exaggerated a bit for effect as these kinds of stories often are, but there's really nothing all that outlandish in them, and they are enjoyable stories.

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 15:46 on May 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

btw I have to admit I've never actually seen most of Breaking Bad let alone Better Call Saul so I'm not sure what that guy was getting at with the Saul reference, but in case anyone is looking for some more good (fictional) gambling stories I highly recommend the novels Hard Rain Falling by Don Carpenter and The Cincinnati Kid by Richard Jessup.

• Locked thread