Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Problem description: Setup a Cenos 7 based postfix/dovecot e-mail server. It appears to work fine, I can connect to it alright. If I try to send an outgoing e-mail to external recipient, /var/log/maillog shows:
code:
Apr 18 15:36:35 myhostnameishere postfix/smtp[12952]: 509BE61CBE: to=<externaltestaddress@me.com>, relay=mx2.mail.icloud.com[17.172.34.11]:25, delay=1.9, delays=0.05/0.01/0.63/1.2, dsn=2.5.0, status=sent (250 2.5.0 Ok.)
The e-mail never arrives. Also, I an send e-mail from the outside to a mailbox on my server. I never get any kind of bounceback or error, but it's not showing up in the user's mailbox. Am I missing something obvious?
There's no filtering

Attempted fixes: Restarted postfix/dovecot. No firewall is running. IP and domain are all green for blocklists. Can't think of anything else.

Recent changes: Just installed this, it's never worked. I DID have a similar setup working not long ago, but I reloaded the server to do some different stuff.

--

Operating system: CentOS 7 64-bit

System specs: Simple VPS

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Who is your ISP? A lot of them block port 25 and others in order to prevent people from running email servers on individual accounts. The log you posted appears to show success on port 25, but I'm not sure how a block at the ISP level would look there.

It did successfully send messages during a previous installation and I have confirmed with the hoster that no filtering is present.

I bulldozed the whole box and started over, and now I can RECEIVE messages, but sending still gives success messages to multiple different domains but no actual delivery. I assume receiving messages means both postfix and dovecot are working properly, so I am fully confused at this point.

• Locked thread