Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

criscodisco posted:

That surprises me. I suppose it's just ignorance on my part, but I always envisioned the Pacific Northwest as being a pretty liberal region. It's funny, because I always pictured Ohio as being incredibly religious until I moved here, though.

Yeah like others have said, the major metropolitan areas/college towns are pretty liberal, but set foot outside them and weeeeell...

I grew up in the country and it's about as conservative/right wing as can be, my college was close to Dallas, OR which was rumored to have an active KKK presence, but apparently this is just a myth [this was ~10 years ago] but I believed it at the time since there's a ton of racist idiots in that area

Also Ashland owns, and it's hilarious that the whole drive down from Salem was littered with VOTE OUT THE DEMOCRATS and FIRE OBAMA signs in peoples' fields everywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

katlington posted:

I have a dream too STARSANDBARS

I like every one of those stickers

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Code Jockey posted:

Yeah like others have said, the major metropolitan areas/college towns are pretty liberal, but set foot outside them and weeeeell...

I grew up in the country and it's about as conservative/right wing as can be, my college was close to Dallas, OR which was rumored to have an active KKK presence, but apparently this is just a myth [this was ~10 years ago] but I believed it at the time since there's a ton of racist idiots in that area

Also Ashland owns, and it's hilarious that the whole drive down from Salem was littered with VOTE OUT THE DEMOCRATS and FIRE OBAMA signs in peoples' fields everywhere
I think this applies to the whole USA now, tbf.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

criscodisco posted:

That surprises me. I suppose it's just ignorance on my part, but I always envisioned the Pacific Northwest as being a pretty liberal region. It's funny, because I always pictured Ohio as being incredibly religious until I moved here, though.

Oregon was literally founded on the principal of "no blacks allowed"

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I think most of the actual david duke racist militias have moved on over to idaho

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Sir_Charles posted:

Yeah I was like... Oregon wasn't (maybe still isn't) a black friendly state lol

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Sir_Charles posted:

I did know that, I just figured things had changed greatly.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

criscodisco posted:

Everything more than 50 miles from the coast may as well be Idaho.

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

GRAMAGEDDON ISN'T OVER YET. SORRY.-RA TEHUTI :smuggo::smug::smugdon::grin::parrot:

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Are those neck sideburns?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

criscodisco posted:

Are those neck sideburns?
you already know the answer

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer
Jeff Neckburns, M.D.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Someone in the last White Trash thread mentioned pets as being White Trash and I didn't really understand it then, but after thinking about it a bit I think it's very accurate.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

Professor Shark posted:

Someone in the last White Trash thread mentioned pets as being White Trash and I didn't really understand it then, but after thinking about it a bit I think it's very accurate.

I don't think having pets is specifically a white trash thing but I think I get where you're coming from, because it seems like a very white trash thing to not believe in getting your pets neutered and/or running shady breeding operations out of your house.

The most White Trash experience involving pets I've personally witnessed was someone I knew in college whose family had two giant Newfoundland dogs, purebred with official AKC papers and names (their registered names were Puff the Dragon Magic and Poof You're A Pile of poo poo - yes really - but the family called them Puff and Poof. I really think they had them for the "prestige" of having expensive, thousand-dollar dogs and no other reason, because they basically lived in a pen that took up half the kitchen and in the backyard, and no one ever walked them or really played with them or gave them much attention. I mean luckily they had each other for company, but they got really excited when people were around and wanted human attention and didn't really get it. Ok, now that I'm writing about this I remember how sad/mad I felt about it at the time. Oh, and the other thing is that neither dog was fixed, so when the girl dog was in heat they had to lock the boy dog in the garage or something so they wouldn't end up with accidental puppies. God drat it, now I'm mad about this all over again.

Also, a coworker of mine told me about how his sister had ten cats at one point, not because she's a crazy cat lady but because her cat got accidentally pregnant so they had kittens, and then her roommate's cat did the same thing so they had a total of ten cats and kittens for awhile but gave most of the kittens away. I told him my cat is fixed AND I never let her outside and he reacted like this was the craziest thing anyone has ever said.

And ALSO, when I lived in rural Illinois I listened to an office conversation about how a guy was recommended by a vet to get his dog neutered to make him calmer and more manageable, I can't remember the specifics but it seemed like there were several compelling reasons to get it done, but the guy just couldn't bear to do it because the dog would "miss his balls too much."

Sorry for wall-o-text, I just get mad when fuckwits are irresponsible with their pets.

DorkusMalorkus has a new favorite as of 23:10 on Apr 28, 2016

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Dreddout posted:

I think this applies to the whole USA now, tbf.

ghlbtsk posted:

Everything more than 50 miles from the coast may as well be Idaho.

Yeah pretty much, huh?

Also my town growing up was literally run by mormons, to the point where the high school allowed people class credit to go home for a period and pray or something, lmao

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Professor Shark posted:

THat's the most retarded thing I've read itt (and I've read every post)

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

this guy rips

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

DorkusMalorkus posted:

I don't think having pets is specifically a white trash thing but I think I get where you're coming from, because it seems like a very white trash thing to not believe in getting your pets neutered and/or running shady breeding operations out of your house.

The most White Trash experience involving pets I've personally witnessed was someone I knew in college whose family had two giant Newfoundland dogs, purebred with official AKC papers and names (their registered names were Puff the Dragon Magic and Poof You're A Pile of poo poo - yes really - but the family called them Puff and Poof. I really think they had them for the "prestige" of having expensive, thousand-dollar dogs and no other reason, because they basically lived in a pen that took up half the kitchen and in the backyard, and no one ever walked them or really played with them or gave them much attention. I mean luckily they had each other for company, but they got really excited when people were around and wanted human attention and didn't really get it. Ok, now that I'm writing about this I remember how sad/mad I felt about it at the time. Oh, and the other thing is that neither dog was fixed, so when the girl dog was in heat they had to lock the boy dog in the garage or something so they wouldn't end up with accidental puppies. God drat it, now I'm mad about this all over again.

Also, a coworker of mine told me about how his sister had ten cats at one point, not because she's a crazy cat lady but because her cat got accidentally pregnant so they had kittens, and then her roommate's cat did the same thing so they had a total of ten cats and kittens for awhile but gave most of the kittens away. I told him my cat is fixed AND I never let her outside and he reacted like this was the craziest thing anyone has ever said.

And ALSO, when I lived in rural Illinois I listened to an office conversation about how a guy was recommended by a vet to get his dog neutered to make him calmer and more manageable, I can't remember the specifics but it seemed like there were several compelling reasons to get it done, but the guy just couldn't bear to do it because the dog would "miss his balls too much."

Sorry for wall-o-text, I just get mad when fuckwits are irresponsible with their pets.

So basically people being irresponsible owners of animals/children.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Rips giant Dr. Bob farts, maybe. That's about it.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

THat's the most retarded thing I've read itt (and I've read every post)

Yeah but yuo're an idiot

It's one of those "Not all people who own pets are White Trash, but all White Trash own pets" things. Being White Trash and/or Poor is about the immediate pleasure, such as giving your kid a dog for Christmas, and never really considering the idea of 9+ years of being responsible for a living being, which White Trash is not very good at.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Code Jockey posted:

My grandma grew up in Eugene; they had a low-key klan presence at the time (this was 1912-33 or so). When she went to school, the klansmen's kids would shout anti-irish, anti-catholic slurs at her and try to bean her with rocks. She still had a couple scars on her head when I knew her, at around age 70-90.

I doubt it's changed that much, it's only been 100 years.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76cEnbrgHkY

"nascar"

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Professor Shark posted:

In the same way that reasonable, responsible people will have 1 or 2 children as a part of a well thought out family planning strategy; they will also raise a cat or dog or two.

White trash on the other hand pop out unplanned, poorly behaved kids left and right, in addition to running impromptu puppy mills out of their back yard.

DorkusMalorkus posted:

These are the same people who attach fake testicles to the back of their bro trucks so it's not so surprising.

Edmund Sparkler has a new favorite as of 05:53 on Apr 29, 2016

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Chubbs posted:

DID SOMEONE SAY BUMPER STICKERS?

That's a White Pride Worldwide bumper sticker next to the Deport Pedro sticker. Dude is leaps and bounds beyond your average racist.

Also, someone made a Deport Pedro sticker. What a world.

E: I keep finding more and more stickers on Stormfrontmobile.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
lol I missed the literal, actual white pride sticker

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

teen witch posted:

That's a White Pride Worldwide bumper sticker next to the Deport Pedro sticker. Dude is leaps and bounds beyond your average racist.

If he feels that strongly about immigrants, etc you'd think he'd at least drive an American car.

Oh wait, Volvos are Swedish. The driver of this car probably considers Swedes to be a pure white Aryan race or some poo poo, making it ok. Did Volvo make cars for the Nazis or something? I honestly don't know.

DorkusMalorkus has a new favorite as of 19:48 on Apr 29, 2016

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

DorkusMalorkus posted:

If he feels that strongly about immigrants, etc you'd think he'd at least drive an American car.

At least it's nordic

Dimes
Apr 4, 2005

DorkusMalorkus posted:

Oh wait, Volvos are Swedish. The driver of this car probably considers Swedes to be a pure white Aryan race or some poo poo, making it ok. Did Volvo make cars for the Nazis or something? I honestly don't know.

It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Zhejiang Geely Holding Group of China.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volvo_Cars

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

teen witch posted:

The Celtic cross seems to be this dog whistle that most people still don't recognize. The swastika has more than one meaning too but it's usually pretty obvious that people who use it in the Western world in this day and age are racist. The Celtic cross still has a plausible deniability factor.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

FIRST TIME posted:

The Celtic cross seems to be this dog whistle that most people still don't recognize. The swastika has more than one meaning too but it's usually pretty obvious that people who use it in the Western world in this day and age are racist. The Celtic cross still has a plausible deniability factor.

I mean i think it actually says white pride world wide around that particular sticker but yes i think it was chosen because it vaguely looks like an iron cross, and also because new wave white supremacists are now open to irish and even Catholicism. Hell the aryan brotherhood uses shamrocks as one of their symbols (i think - someone can check thsi for me)

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Without further comment:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Did anyone post this one yet

Edit: oh they did

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Mange Mite posted:

I mean i think it actually says white pride world wide around that particular sticker but yes i think it was chosen because it vaguely looks like an iron cross, and also because new wave white supremacists are now open to irish and even Catholicism. Hell the aryan brotherhood uses shamrocks as one of their symbols (i think - someone can check thsi for me)
I can't wait till the classification of "white" extends to all people on Earth, then we can have world peace. :)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sancho posted:

Without further comment:

I'm proud to have this really lovely beard :smuggo:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
PECKERWOOD AND PROUD OF IT

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

GRAMAGEDDON ISN'T OVER YET. SORRY.-RA TEHUTI :smuggo::smug::smugdon::grin::parrot:
let's try to keep the bumper sticker material in the thread linked below, please

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3774131

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Mange Mite posted:

Did anyone post this one yet

Edit: oh they did

buford

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...

This is from pages back, but I know these people IRL. Can confirm white trash status.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Officer Farva posted:

This is from pages back, but I know these people IRL. Can confirm white trash status.

Tell them I said "please stop being alive"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PromethiumX
Mar 5, 2003

Booblord Zagats posted:

Tell them I said "please stop being alive"

or at least stop eating for a second so the rest of the world can have some

• Locked thread