Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
YO!
We got preorders and official date both platform releases.

https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/435171/nier-automata-black-box-edition-ps4

March 7th is the current official release date for both the Steam and PS4 versions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

A translated version of Grimoire Nier and I'll buy any collector's edition you got, Square.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

InfinityComplex posted:

March 7th is the current official release date for both the Steam and PS4 versions.
There was a correction about the Steam release date, according to a post in the RPG thread the day it was tweeted:

"The Square Enix rep who confirmed the PC release date would fall on the same day as the PS4 version in the West was unfortunately misinformed: officially, there’s not yet a release date for Nier: Automata on PC, though it’s definitely coming some time next year."

Kaislioc
Feb 14, 2008
Exact timings are still unknown but the demo is to be released for all regions on the Playstation Store on Dec. 22/a week from now.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Dengeki stream
Features an early bossfight and playing around with weapons in the open world, including the RNG gauntlet+longsword attack.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq9sc-XGorQ

HELLLL YEAH

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

That boss at the end looks loving amazing

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I am going to beat up all the construction equipment that has come to life.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Trailer gives a proper date of release. Maybe.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Demo is up on jp psn, apparently has English voices and text options if you just can't wait until tomorrow.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

https://youtu.be/S3JS2NvI-zc

Gameplay footage video, don't know if people have seen this.

Unfortunately I don't have a way to access the demo this will have to tide me over.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

This game. It's really loving good.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

:yeah:

That ending, though. Wonder if it's an early "ending" or if they survive somehow. Or the double fakeout where it's a demo-only scenario that's never mentioned in the full game.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Demo was very fun.

Note: Hard Mode, on top of ramping up enemies' damage, also makes them faster and smarter, and the demo boss has a different attack pattern and a couple new attacks on hard.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Hard and up also disable lockon. :shepface:

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Motto posted:

Hard and up also disable lockon. :shepface:

Yeah that seems kinda crazy, gonna have to turn the sensitivity down most likely. The difficulty feels good on Hard but it seems like the Lock-on should still be available on that.

I like that you can just turn off system mechanics by un-equipping them :v:

Okay so were there any QTEs on any difficulty setting? I did not see a single one, but my wife was playing the boss fight on Easy so I dunno if they're just turned off for that or not.

Lot of secrets in the demo but none of them seem to do anything, just Gold and crafting pickups and there doesn't seem to be a way to use any of those. No spear weapon in the demo either?

There's a whoooole lot of Revengeance in this game but it feels different enough to not be too close.

Augus posted:

Note: Hard Mode, on top of ramping up enemies' damage, also makes them faster and smarter, and the demo boss has a different attack pattern and a couple new attacks on hard.

Yeah I noticed this right before I died to the boss, kinda neat.

I can't stop laughing at the default enemy's basic attack, just whirlwinding its arms wildly towards you. If you get hit with it, it's your own fault :v:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Augus posted:

Demo was very fun.

This game is going to own so loving much.

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me
no QTEs. I dont know if Platinum decided to finally get rid of them.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
Got the demo downloading. Can't wait.

I'm a bit amused by the demo reactions from people who haven't played Taro games and expect the game to be a simple, standalone Platinum action romp. It makes me hope for some real huge gameplay curveballs just to see how people react.

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me
Here is a random picture from Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bucket-wheel_excavator#/media/File:Bucket_wheel_excavator_in_Ferropolis.jpg

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

2B or not to be....

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Well drat. It plays super smooth and the aesthetic is really strong. If the story is just good we have pure gold going on here

E: The most Taro thing in the demo is being able to uninstall your OS in the menu and immediately die

Nina fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Dec 22, 2016

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I have such a massive boner for this game. I just hope that it'll have a reasonably good PC port.

Also I can't wait to drift some hogs.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

drat I don't think there are checkpoints in the entire demo so Very Hard is something else.

Motto posted:

:yeah:

That ending, though. Wonder if it's an early "ending" or if they survive somehow. Or the double fakeout where it's a demo-only scenario that's never mentioned in the full game.

My prediction This is the intro mission and the androids in the main game are identical replacements to demonstrate how disposable the units are to their human commanders.

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

Heres some pretty fun videos about Drakengard 1-3 if you wanted a refresher on them and there will definitely be one for Nier before Automatas release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__q_Nx9WbgY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WflyxYQ3CtM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM4rez0DnSk

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]
That demo was pretty good.

vvv I hope there's just an achievement that calls you a stupid idiot for trying and it has no other use.

The Dark Id fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Dec 22, 2016

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

There better be a gameplay use for removing your OS Chip at some point in the vein of the fake death pill in MGS3.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

ntan1 posted:

no QTEs. I dont know if Platinum decided to finally get rid of them.
If it doesn't have at least one mashing-punch showdown it isn't a real Platinum game.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Pierson posted:

If it doesn't have at least one mashing-punch showdown it isn't a real Platinum game.

Dire
Dec 31, 2007

Pierson posted:

Maybe that'll be the fishing game.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

yay, music

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Nothing's really blowing me away the way the Nier soundtrack did yet but it's good stuff still.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Is there a firm PC release date?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
demo owns fighting a giant robot the size of an oil rig, ripping its buzzsaw arm off and killing it with it rules

controls were messing with me at first until I remapped the shoot, dodge, and lock on buttons, then it felt smooth as butter.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

e: disregard

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Revengeance this ain't but pretty decent still.

Inzombiac posted:

Is there a firm PC release date?

Same day as the console release. March 7th, I think?

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Jack Trades posted:

Same day as the console release. March 7th, I think?

Apparently the rep who said that was misinformed. There's no actual release date for Steam yet beyond "2017", which sucks.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Rainuwastaken posted:

Apparently the rep who said that was misinformed. There's no actual release date for Steam yet beyond "2017", which sucks.

:(

drat.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Let's not pretend we're not all going to buy it on console and then a second time whenever it comes out on pc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.

Wrist Watch posted:

Let's not pretend we're not all going to buy it on console and then a second time whenever it comes out on pc

I was prepared to wait for steam, but the demo ran smooth enough that I may go ahead and do just that.