Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Is there a good story summary for Nier?

I bought it and played it for 10 hours before my 360 died an couldn't get it replaced. I've heard that the ending is incredible so I've been able to avoid spoilers. Now I want to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Real hurthling! posted:

if you are hell bent on not playing it you can watch the best friends completionist lp of it that they did this summer i guess. they don't waste too much time and play through all 4 endings with good commentary

playlist here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5ynpA5rGEo

like the story is just kinda a weird jrpg video game story the genius of it is how the game makes you love its characters and constantly fucks with you by changing the core gameplay and shifting the players perspective on his/her actions through multiple playthroughs.

also the music is about 40% of the reason i love the game so you'd want to hear that too probably.

if you played the first few hours you probably never got to any of the great poo poo beyond maybe when it first started getting weird

Thanks.
I'm "hell bent" on not playing it because I don't own any consoles that can play it and like hell I'd buy one for a single game.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Is there a firm PC release date?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

So, I'm thinking about restarting this since last playing it a couple years ago.

I recall getting to the desert area and after a while was completely lost. Like, the map was no help and couldn't figure it out and quit.
Is this common or am I stupid?