Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Josuke Higashikata posted:

New patch up to fix the partial download bug.

Someone has found a store where you can spend in-game money to buy trophies. Yoko Taro :allears:

... Man.

i am now wondering if a company could charge microtransaction money to trophy unlocks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

rio posted:

Wow, I just popped in to see what’s going on with one of my favorite games and 4 million? That makes me so happy, both for the game and selfishly because it means almost certainly that we will get more.

I think one of the biggest downsides is people not having played the first one. It isn’t at all essential - I marathoned the game when it came out and beat it having not played Nier. But when I went back for a second playthrough last year I beat it and then played the first one and man, I went back another time to play N:A and there’s so much cool poo poo in it for people who know Nier. It had even more impact, which I didn’t think was possible. I’d love to see a Nier remake.

I think 'we get more' was solidified a while ago. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised in the FFXIV raid hints at whatever comes next.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Don't let that fucker touch an actual good design, it'll get tainted, and not only by association

Too late.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Look Sir Droids posted:

It’s funny he called that Thai cave rescue guy a pedo and then he posts 2B while dating Grimes.

I'm going to need you to unpack this one for me because it sounds like you're trying to imply that he's a pedo for... posting a picture of an anime character (and not even like a Blatantly Underage Child anime character) and because he's dating a 31 year old woman.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Homora Gaykemi posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHpQSfCZN-s

:sickos:

someone that got the game early on resetera says this plays after the first attract mode if you leave the game sit on the title screen

I will warn that there are things to be spoiled in the remaster so if you're hoping to be surprised avoid spoilers.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Memnaelar posted:

It's been so long since I played the original that I didn't immediately *see* anything in that trailer that would constitute a spoiler (that wasn't in the original game's spoilerific attract screen as well iirc).

I just meant in general.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

JordanKai posted:

We've been speculating about Papa Nier's presence for months and they just...tweeted it out.

The new chapter looks good, though!

The new chapter's boss fight is probably the best in the game.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

If you finish the A ending you can access the DLC which makes getting certain drops (Titanium among them) much easier.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ainsley McTree posted:

I feel like I only ever hear people talk about drakengard 1 and drakengard 3. What's 2's deal?

It wasn't made by Yoko Taro and so is basically entirely ignored.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

axeil posted:

:toot:

Now I can just play through the story. Although I think I need the 15 Nightmares weapons to get all weapons, right?

I don't really follow trophies but if you want all the weapons in the game you need to do that and also get ALL the endings because there's one weapon that only unlocks after the for-real final ending.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Homora Gaykemi posted:

i really like her concept art. it gets across the "wow, you wouldn't expect a person like this to be so violent and vulgar" and her wanting to dress femininely to assert her identity without, y'know, being in her underwear

On one hand I like that design more in a vaccum, on the other hand Kaine's entire thing is that she is insanely incredibly unfiltered and in your face so the hyper-sexualized outfit she wears fits her personality better than something conservative. It isn't a surprise to her how she acts, just to Weiss and Nier

Her thing isn't "this demure lady is foulmouthed" but "Literally every moment Kaine is onscreen she is in your face and unwilling to bend"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Bleck posted:

They made me watch that little white girl run walk through a castle for like ten loving minutes and I turned that poo poo off and never looked back. Either make a game or write a book, but miss me with this half-assed garbage.

Ico owned though