Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Demo owns. I liked how it was immediately familiar enough to MGRR that I didn't feel completely lost at first, but I started doing trickier poo poo as I played more. Looking forward to release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Motto posted:

From an EDGE article on the game:

e: re: platinum

This is great, thanks.

*edit - went out and got that issue of Edge. The article on Nier is worth a read.

isk fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Dec 28, 2016

isk
Oct 3, 2007

PC version's working great for me so far. Resolution switching to windowed when I alt tab is a minor annoyance. Main problem I had out of the gate was that the game wasn't recognizing a PS4 gamepad, but InputMapper fixed that right up.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

The guards will have a fun pillowfight after the credits

In Ending C, you learn the pillows are made from kittens

isk
Oct 3, 2007

*edit - poo poo, sorry, wrong thread! Gamepad for sure in this game

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Agreed that instant game overs aren't quote unquote fun, but this is about as telegraphed as the Morinth thing in Mass Effect 2. Or Souls games as a whole. You're venting, you're emotional, that's a valid reaction, but gently caress if it isn't funny and illogical as well.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Fredrik1 posted:

I didn't read this thread by purpose until I was done playing, people are just terrible at using spoiler tags.

Yep! Context is as important as the tag.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

A regular fight would be so banal and uncharacteristic. Maybe a conversation battle like in Deus Ex Human Revolution, only with sock puppets.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

:getin:

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Bullet hell text adventure

Multiplayer is battle royale between J-pop idols

isk
Oct 3, 2007

"Flawed" is "damning with faint praise" territory

isk
Oct 3, 2007

For the next 8 hours and change, The Yetee is selling a 2B/Emil shirt design for $12 USD

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Boogalo posted:

Last week I finished a 2nd playthrough and did the thing at the end. Today I noticed a message on my steam profile:

(hella loving endgame spoilers here)

https://i.imgur.com/3b293xo.png

:kimchi:

Here for this wholesome content

isk
Oct 3, 2007

SleepCousinDeath posted:

I don’t play MMO’s so I don’t fully understand how this stuff works, but will the Nier stuff be in FF14 forever or is it a limited time event? I’ve been curious about getting into it but I still have to finish Sekiro.

Forever AFAIK. Content in 8 and 24 person raids tends to be permanent, like it's baked into the story. If something's seasonal, it's usually announced prior to launch or at least with weeks/months of lead time (like the Garo stuff).

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Bear in mind Yoko Taro's been working on a raid in FFXIV. Even if his main contributions are complete, he's likely still supervising and providing adjustments.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Therefore the choice is clear: Robot on a break

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Coxswain Balls posted:

big ugly dad Nier.

*Dadass

(but yes agreed)

isk
Oct 3, 2007

All this sounds great

Also: Yoko Taro give us Dadass Nier you coward

Jamieson Price killed it in the role

isk
Oct 3, 2007

chiasaur11 posted:

You know, that's not the kind of phrase I'd use in the context of Taro.

While some people take it as a reason to do what you say, Taro is the sort who uses it as an excuse to hurt you in a way you didn't imagine was possible while saying it was all your fault.

by this point I welcome it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Endings posted:

If only they'd given him a budget equal to his booze money instead.

I'm terrified of a Yoko Taro game that has the incubation period of Red Dead Redemption 2, which I think is a sign that I want it real bad