Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i still can't believe how many reviews of nier obviously stopped playing before the mansion kicks off the gameplay experimentation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

oh poo poo sorry if that spoiled anything. its loving amazing just mainline it this weekend

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Welcome to the world of survival neir! it only gets better.

when i first got to the forest i was loving floored and laughing my rear end off. when i had to go back i was dreading it for ending B since i figured it would be the same lol. i was floored again but instead of laughing i was just amazed at the writing and depth of insight they gave on kaine's character. if automata can hit the same sort of notes i'll be extremely happy

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Feb 5, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

idk about its budget but i'd imagine it was a drop in the bucket next to ffxiii

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

redreader posted:

I am now in the 2nd part of nier and have collected 2 stone tablets. How far along am I?

you need 5 and then you go for the end. then it is highly highly recommended you start new game plus. you will be plopped back into the game at the stone tablet collection part right away and while things will seem the same many new and amazing things will occur and it will blow your mind

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

lmao

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Brainamp posted:

I still love to this day that there are two Niers and both carry different tones with their stories, even if the beats are the same.

neir is after all all about perspective

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

yep. can't wait

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BlackFrost posted:

Game is gonna rule.

Also, was that Beepy???

didnt look too similar but who knows after 7000 years

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

redreader posted:

I highly appreciate everyone using spoilers for Nier, an old game that I'm still playing. Thanks everyone.

aeris dies

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Saint Freak posted:

People keep posting that 30 minute lore summary on each page and I'm not 30 minutes worth of interested. Someone needs to make like a 100 word summary.

here's 8: shits hosed don't matter 7000 year time skip

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

console gaming is awesome
\

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Flint_Paper posted:

I finally got the D ending last night! I'm glad that I didn't just watch YouTube videos of it - actually going through it and watching it on my PlayStation was eerie and unsettling and oh god now I'm jonesing for Automata super hard.

automata's final ending will hypnotize the player into a stupor and then cause the gpu to light on fire and burn them alive