Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm liking a demo but a block button would be nice; the dodge isn't very useful for actually avoiding damage, since the very next attack will likely just hit you anyway. There's so many enemies that dodging forward to the one attacking means dodging into the next hit, and dodging to the sides means running into someone else's bullet or attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Time your dodge and you get a big rear end counter attack. Dodge back instead of left/right helps a lot too. Not sure if the counter attacks are fully invuln or not but you can use the shotgun counter for a ranged option anyway.

I've got a shotgun? Welp.

quote:

but also the counter-attacks after dodging give you invincibility frames and move you away from where the enemies are likely to be.

I noticed that, but also noticed that if you don't get that, you generally slam into an enemy. It's not like the demo was hard to beat or anything though.