Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Renoistic posted:

Playing the demo on hard is like playing a completely different game (no lock-on!).

I like not having lockon cause it can trivialize aiming the wiess thing, but it's gonna make normal sized bosses hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Relin posted:

had to look up a walkthrough vid to figure out where to go after killing the crane arm (the guy spent a long time wandering around as well)

Nice little teaser for the upcoming DSP playthrough

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Microsoft is literally incapable of working with 3rd and 2nd parties, big surprise.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

shoves unskippable "walk slowly while talking on a codec" scenes in your face after every other gunfight.

Those conversations were masking the loading scenes

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Well MGR took a whole year

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

automata's final ending will hypnotize the player into a stupor and then cause the gpu to light on fire and burn them alive

This is what is delaying the PC version. They gotta figure out how to make even the most overcooled GPU ignite.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Probably cause they don't want to spend the money to use it and crackers already found a way to beat it anway

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm not going to miss Weiss as much as I'll miss hearing him get called a dumbass every time I start the game.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I think there's no autosaves so that you aren't punished too hard to fighting a boss you can't kill. If you fail too many times and delevel you can just load your previous save.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Not including autosaves as an anti quality of life thing owns, but it also has the side effect of making your saves feel more important.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm not sure what the point of dodge offsetting is in this game compared to Bayonetta. Are later hits in combos more powerful?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

RanKizama posted:

Yeah they did. Covered in Route B.

Possible spoiler? Just being safe.

9S uploaded both his and 2B's info to the Bunker when 2B was fighting the Goliath and he was laying all jacked up on the roof. That way their info was saved to their backups in the Bunker. The other members of her squad never had the chance.

He doesn't manage to get his uploaded though. He does hers first then apparently doesn't have enough time for his own. That's why 2B has to tell him not to call her ma'am a second time.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Like a hundred pages ago somebody couldn't figure out how to dismount a robot horse, ends up you have to detonate the horse to get off.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Snak posted:

How do you stop remote controlling a machine?

Make it self destruct

I really wish you only had to tap L3 and R3 at the same time to start the countdown. I like to detonate robots after they get charmed to enable another spear of the usurper proc, but holding down both sticks while continuing to fight is some kind of hosed up level beyond the regular claw grip

tap my mountain fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Mar 23, 2017

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Nina posted:

You can ride those?!

Yeah but I don't know if it's intentional. You have to jump at them while they are subjugated.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Snak posted:

How?

Also, ending E the hardest boss in the game is the Marketing Division

Same way you do it yourself, L3 + R3

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Snak posted:

When does the game tell you this? I've never heard of that...

Don't feel bad, I still don't understand how taunt is supposed to work

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

The mod has some weird interactions with the butt implementation but they said they're working on a backdoor fix

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Nina posted:

I love being told I suck and also getting a pat on my back for being smoking, sick and stylish by a videogame but I also love as wide variety of people being able to enjoy Nier as possible

Yeah I love platinums rating system cause it feels nice when you do start getting the Golds and platinums, but it's got no place in Nier A

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Snak posted:

I guess that somehow I wasn't clear: I don't really like fantasy settings the way I like scifi settings. Yes, they're both just tools to tell stories, for me floating robots are okay while floating books are a turnoff.

edit: Like, sure I can believe that magical familiars as characters are common thing, but I can't name a game that I've liked that had one... I'm not sure I've technically played one...

Wasn't the last game you played Nioh?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

That's funny because I had such little problem with that segment that it's confusing how there COULD be trouble with it. Like I basically remember moving her to that quest marker with zero difficulty.

They literally gimp your controls ever 6 seconds, it's intended to be an exercise in frustration.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Hilariously while that section felt completely trivial to me, i had to restart some shmup section like 7-8 times because it was in a plot segment where 1. the menu was locked and i couldn't change my chip loadouts to something appropriate and 2. the difficulty was still on hard and the shmup section always ended on a wave combination that overwhelmed me and instantly stunlock-oneshot me (and i couldn't lower the difficulty because of 1. ). Oddly personal difficulty spikes seem to be a thing.

Actually i think 80% of my deaths that felt frustrating came from setpiece sections that lock or disable access to the menu for significant periods of time. Anything else was me being careless or lazy.

I barely managed to get through the one at the start of route B. I had very little restorative items from wasting em all on the final boss and I barely scrapped through with almost no health. I'm not sure what I could have done if I did get trapped there.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Yahtzee refuses to touch the online component on any game so I imagine he's the one guy who couldn't get ending E cause they were offline

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Yeah, sorry, everything with Emi Evans is good, and his opinion invalid. I like her duo project stuff as well, I wish she made more music I could buy.

You can trust any OST with involvement by the following Japanese people :

Yoko Kanno
Kajiura Yuki
The Ar Tonelico people especially including Shikata Akiko
And Okabe.

Did I forget someone?

Masafumi Takada

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I actually don't know him.

I never played one of his works at all, after consulting Wikipedia.

You're missing out, most of those games are great

Like 3 of my favorite games of all time are on that list

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Ending E the mean phrases are there so that you have to make the conscious effort to send a supportive message. If you completed it and then saw that the only choices were all nice things then it would feel forced.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Not all hard modes are created equal, sometimes they are very poorly implemented

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I think the story was Yoko was going to do big tits by default and one of the guys said he wanted small tits and another said they like huge asses and humble Yoko obliged and that's how 2B came to be