Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I can't get the last two weapons I need from Emil's shop. Everyone on the internet is full of poo poo about tricks and methods to get him to move and none of it works. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Hey, these tips really helped. I got him my next try.

How many weapons can Emil sell? I've been able to stop him with weapons once, and he had two bracers.

That's it, you're good to go.

I finally got him to sell them. After trying it a bunch I went and did other stuff until I got bored trying to hunt down Unit Data (I only need 3% more for the quest and I can't find anything argh!) and then tried him again near the very end and he went straight through his three routes one after the other. :shrug:

Now I just gotta upgrade things and then decide if I'm ready for superbosses or want to go back to trying to find rare enhanced machines -_-

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Snak posted:

I guess that's fair. I more meant "did I make any enemies by being a loving murderer?"

Edit: I've never hurt a friendly machine before :( ever :(.

Well, cargo carriers in the desert have red eyes, but no attacks. I killed a few of them.

As someone who later went and slaughtered the entire village for... reasons, they respawn when you leave and come back.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Artless Meat posted:

https://clips.twitch.tv/CrypticRelievedFalconDoggo

Late path C spoilers. I feel like the tone of that cutscene was changed a bit...

loving glorious

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Contingency Plan posted:

Quick question: If an item's description mentions "can be sold for money," like dictionaries, is it always safe to sell it? I got some kind of machine core after beating a boss (right before going underground to the alien ship) that I can sell for 10,000 G but I suspect it might be used in a quest or upgrade component.

It is always safe to sell. There is literally only one of those items in the entire game that is used for a quest, and the quest spawns a bunch of them you can just go collect.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

A dude in the forest asks for boar meat as well but that's pretty trivial to get.

Oh I guess I forgot that one because yeah it takes no time at all to get it

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Does anyone know where or under what circumstances I might find an Amusement Park Rampaging Medium Biped? The non-hostile ones don't count and there's so few enemies in the endgame amusement park that it seems weird I can't find one. At least with the stupid enhanced enemies I'm missing I have been able to find places they supposedly rarely spawn.

I only need 2% more for the unit data quest.... on the one hand I don't care too much but on the other hand I got so CLOSE without having to work very hard for it...

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

I got it by taunting one of the non-hostile ones before killing it

Ooh I did not think of that! Thanks!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I like how I spent the whole game wondering what the hell the deal with the blindfolds was and then after I beat it I get an item that just says they're just goggles.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Pod 042 sneakily ended up being the best character in the game by the end.

I did it I got to 95% enemies! That means I even managed to completely upgrade all my pods which I didn't think I'd bother with!

Time for the superbosses and then I'm done.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

make sure not to level to 99 for those because they really don't need that

I'm not planning on it. I made it to 86 and am gonna go in with that.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

At a guess, the quest will reset when you finish the playthrough and you'll have to do it again. You won't be able to on Play A now.

There's a small chance you will be able to go down as soon as you get to the ruins in Play B but I doubt it.

I did the exact same thing as him and can confirm that yes he has to do the whole quest over on route B.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

This can be pretty bad, I missed the last part of the Wandering Couple and had to fork over another 50k in the next play through.

Same it was dumb. Fortunately the one other time in Route C I had quests auto fail, I noticed right away and reloaded

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

First superboss: Lmao I was laughing so loving hard at his stupid bouncing heads and sped up theme song that I let myself get killed by his big explosion attack. loving incredible

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

gently caress me the second superboss: I'm fighting with tears in my eyes god drat it gently caress this game

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Let him explode the first time.
That's how you get ending Y, Kainé

Yeah I did it.

And that's it, Platinum achieved. What an amazing way to close out such a fantastic game.

I need to go do something else now that won't rip my heart out and make me cry.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Stormgale posted:

I'm finding it hard to enjoy as 9S, any tips for getting good with him?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Stormgale posted:

I found having to hack 3-4 times to kill a pack of dudes kinda a downer, maybe if i get better stun and combust it'll be better

I know I just wanted an excuse to post that.

Anyway yeah hacking chips make it more fun. I wish it was easier to subjugate and remote control 'em though.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I just constantly switched weapons, especially once I got things to level 4 and wanted to mess with their special effects.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

...! posted:

As a trophy hunter, I find it a bit bullshit that you can just straight up buy most of the trophies. It makes the trophies in this game completely meaningless. If you don't care about that kind of thing then you could argue that it doesn't matter. That's a valid opinion but still. :(

Yoko Taro got to you

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Dias posted:

Can you even die from the infection before getting to the end? I got smashed a couple of times, once down the hole, but I just spammed healing items until I could move away and gained enough distance every time to keep moving forward.

Yes. There's an ending for it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Dias posted:

Well, after the Route B thing during the Simone fight, I was almost sure dude would come back and be some sort of big-dick machine. Dude probably just got ganked by A2 and it serves him well, hunf.

Route B:
After seeing this I was very upset that his quest permanently removed him from the game because it meant I never got a chance to kill him myself.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Nina posted:

How the hell do you avoid Emil's one hit kill move

Superboss: You kill him before he uses it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Nina posted:

I mean the first superboss btw. He uses the big full room bomb way at the end of the fight every time.

I guess I should try hacking but I find it much easier to deplete his health normally

I knew which one you meant, my advice stands.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Supremezero posted:

There's also the super powerful Golden Bunny in the Amusement Park who's apparently worth tons of EXP.

Yeah this makes grinding up a complete breeze and I highly recommend it.

Also the superbosses are not hard by the time you get to the low 80s so just get that far.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Nuebot posted:

Level grinding question; I'm on route B, would grinding to 99 to beat emil now make the game too easy for route C/D? It's already pretty much easy town as-is and I'm only level 50.

There is literally not a single enemy in the game that would not be completely trivialized by leveling to 99.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

King of Solomon posted:

So, why is Emil refusing to move? I've changed his dialogue to the thief dialogue, but he still exclusively spawns outside the desert. I've walked out of the area and teleported, but he's always in the desert spawn.

Do I need to actually fight him at his house to get him to move? What am I missing here?

Emil moving to his other routes has nothing to do with the stuff at his house. It seems to mostly be random. I tried at it for ages to no success, went and did other things, and then he moved on my first try the next attempt.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Snak posted:

I do not. Thanks for trying to help, though :)

It's a gigantic pipe just look way above the crater you seriously cannot miss seeing it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

OddObserver posted:

Nah. Pod 042 is the main character .

This

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

McDragon posted:

Also I don't know what triggered it, but suddenly a bunch of shops are selling more components and I've almost done all the upgrading and stuff. But is there anywhere to buy water and simple/complex thingamabobs? Or just a good place to find them,

By the end of the game you can buy all upgrade materials... except the ones exclusively for pod upgrades. Pure water and the gadgets are by far the most obnoxious. For the former you need 20 total and you literally must just keep running through the flooded district until you get them. For the latter you can get most of what you need from quest rewards, but unfortunately for elaborate gadgets you need to complete a quest that requires 95% unit data. For simple gadgets there's a list on the wiki of hidden harvest spots that can have them.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

RoadCrewWorker posted:

I think it's a pretty good joke that i'm basically hoarding mountains of silver, gold and other excessively rare and valuable electronics and an entire warehouse of precious artifacts and arsenal worth of mystic weapons and close to a million "G", and yet i'd trade half of it away to get some "pure water" in an instant.

On the one hand there's a certain reliability to it. If you just keep running through the flooded area you will get some and it's just a matter of time.

But man it's boooorrrrriinggg

Electric Phantasm posted:

Oh yeah that reminds me someone earlier said there was a DLC gate in the Flooded Area and I haven't seen anything that could be it. Anyone knows what they were talking about?

There is a door at the far end with an apologetic robot in front of it. You'll see him on your minimap. There's actually 2 more of them in the game as well. No one knows for sure if they are actually DLC gates or if it's just Yoko Taro trolling us.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Have you done the final secret boss fight? It's kind of hinted that that is the original.

Yeah it totally is since he finally recovered his memories of Kaine

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

RoadCrewWorker posted:

I'm just sad there's not a small chance of Emil casually driving through or around in the A/B final boss fight and cutscenes. That would really set the mood!

One funny thing that I had happen in the Route A final boss: I rode a moose into the fight. After the cutscenes it didn't despawn and instead was trapped in the boss arena running around terrified during the fight. I lost track of it during the later phases and wondered if it had escaped. But after the fight I stumbled across its dead body. Sorry moose...

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Pollyanna posted:

What does the "Ht" "Lt" stuff mean for weapons, and does it matter which weapons I choose for my light and heavy attacks?

Also, is there a trick to hunting down specific materials, or is it just typical grinding? I'm looking to upgrade Ancient Overlord, but the mats just aren't dropping or spawning.

That's the number of swings you get in a combo depending on which slot you equip that weapon in. Each weapon type generally has different movesets for each equip slot so experiment and find out what you like.

You can try and learn what enemies drop what materials (or look it up online) but honestly I think it's best to just use what weapons you can upgrade until you get to the end of the game when you can just buy all the upgrade materials.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Paracelsus posted:

How do I get the version of Emil's shop where he sells weapons? I've heard about stopping him near the Resistance camp, but all he sells when I do that are +6 chips that are stupidly heavy.

Pick a god and pray

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Nuebot posted:

I somehow only have 98% tutorials. What could I have missed?

I'm guessing the same thing I did - equip a Taunt chip on 2B or 9S.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Lol please do not stop after ending A

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

SpaceDrake posted:

OK y'all, I need you to drop a bomb on me.

If I missed Emil's Memories during route A, I'm hosed for completing the questline in C, aren't I?

You can do it in A or B but after that I think you have to wait until you unlock chapter select.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

BigRed0427 posted:

Ok, cleared the story for the first time. I already know there are multiple endings and I can't start another play through now. So what happened exactly, is it just newgame plus? Or a part 2?

It'll quickly become apparent but basically just know that you haven't got the full story until you have endings A-E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The Fextralife wiki isn't great but it does provide a complete enemy list and gives locations for some of the more difficult to find ones. It should give you enough info to squeeze that last percent out.

I don't envy anyone who decides they've gotta have all those 100% labels