Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

lmao at how you find the third pod. I'd never have figured that one out on my own, so I'm glad I lucked into it

I was just randomly fishing in the flooded city. nothing was biting, so I gave up and... I caught a pod? alrighty then, cool thanks for the trophy

e: also accidentally got an ending by walking away from 9s to pick up a thing I missed on the way in lol

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Mar 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

HellCopter posted:

Just finished Route A. I'm not sure I bought, emotionally, 2B's grief over the death of 9S. I mean...he's right, he can just load a backup copy. Haven't you been "teleporting" your data all over the continent, ma'am? I've watched Star Trek, I know the issues involved.

Hell, why does death mean anything to these guys? Shouldn't they all be chilling in The Cloud?

I just did the same thing right now and the point is that he's reset back to whatever copy they had at the bunker, which is presumably from before they knew each other. it seems to imply that he's died on 2b more than just the two times you see in route a, so I'm guessing she's sick of rebuilding their relationship from square one like that over and over again

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

o I'm sure it will be (this ain't my first yoko taro joint), but that's how I see things atm

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

in regards to emil, I'm on path 3 and he's just gone? I also don't see the lunar tear in the shopping mall anymore. can I just not do that quest anymore or what?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

so I just finished my third playthrough and I have a question about ending d

would getting it be as simple as choosing the last chapter in the chapter select menu and picking the other character? I went with a2 first, so this time I'd pick 9s for the next ending right?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

cool that's simple then, thanks

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

beat the game :toot: I didn't choose to delete my save file tho because I wanted to plat it :v: anything cool happen if you choose that option? also the ability to straight up buy the trophies is hilarious

ankle posted:

Any tips for the final Father Servo fight? I'm level 28, and if I just fight him normally I feel like it would take ~40 minutes to kill him, but I think I'm up to the point of no return (missile defense quest in the flooded city?), so I want to get it done before that.

I went into his level 30 and 40 fights under leveled, and it does take ages to kill something when it's twice your level. just wait until later; the progress for his quest never resets

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ok I did this on accident but for real tho, how do you get down. I tried every single button, including holding circle since you get on normal mounts like that, and nothing

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I had hacked him so that's probably why it let me ride him. also I found a spot where you can roll forever

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

verbal enema posted:

What like just skip to the end beat it then repeat?

yea just select the last chapter, then select the duel between 2a and 9s

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

verbal enema posted:

Ah neat. Think I'll see what sidequests I haven't done yet maybe poke around some areas I don't frequent.

make sure to check out the machine head girl in the resistance camp like the game mentioned

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

buglord posted:

I'm talking on a really basic level with combos, blocks/parrys, and fighting dudes multiple times taller than me.

there are combos and stuff but blocks/parries are kinda hidden in that they're plug-ins (basically equipable skills) that you can install. they compete with a lot of other stuff tho, such as basic stat boosts, a thing that adds a master sword style shockwave to your sword, etc. it also has a bullet hell element that isn't in those character action games platinum is known for, plus some other cool gameplay gimmicks that pop up. the game's easy enough that you don't need anything fancy on normal, but there's more depth to it than you're given up front if you're into that stuff. you can totally mash square to win fights tho. there are dudes multiple times taller than you to fight, yes, and the story is all about emotional investment

I'd say that this game plays second only to maybe dragon's dogma so far as fun combat in an arpg goes

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

r2 is perfectly fine and I had no troubles with it at all

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I respect your opinion about the ending, though I feel differently but who is best android???

a2 is clearly the best playable character and I wish you got more time to play as her since she's literally 2b+

but other than that the answer is jackass

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

shame the pc version seems to have so many problems

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Nuebot posted:

So while it installs, quick questions. Hopefully without spoilers.
Endings, how many?
Anything missable? I know in the first game there were a few quests that if you didn't finish before the time skip, they'd be unfinishable.

And for anyone who's started the PC version already; how are the controls? KB+M good or should I just get my gamepad ready?

24 endings, 5 actual story ones (the rest are gag endings)

you can miss one thing but it's really obvious. if you don't get a quest done, don't worry; you'll get another chance later

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Storm One posted:

I played up to ending C and unlocked debug menu, chapter select, etc but now what? If I restart from that save file the game begins from what looks like route A again but with levels and gear carried over, is that the path to ending D? Or do I need to pick another character at the A2/9S choice, NieR 1-style? (still have a save file there)

tl;dr what are the reqs for endings D and E?

you load your path c clear file and then use the chapter select to pick the a2/9s fight, then choose the other character

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Storm One posted:

Thanks, nice that there's no weapon collection requirement this time.

you still need to do that for the optional super boss if that interests you

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

nier automata is infinitely nicer about just about everything than every other game yoko taro has ever had a hand in

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

FunkMonkey posted:

Ehhhhhhhhhh mechanically yes. I like the plot and tone of Nier 1 more, personally.

I'm not talking about the plot or the tone

the conditions you have to meet to do the same things are far more lenient this time around

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Emron posted:

Is there really a trophy shop in this game? That's amazing if it's true.

yes

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

This is actually right at the beginning of Route C! Quite a lot of game to go yet. :getin: Still, it's meant to be really awful and lovely to be infected because, y'know, 2B is dying and that's bad.

on the one hand, you're right

on the other hand, 2b spazzed out in the middle of a jump and I fell into the crater. it was really hard to get out of there with no jumps or dodges and a tiny robot punched me all the way back down to the bottom at least once. took a while to get out and it sucked

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that's not a quest, you just read the mail and go talk to her

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you probably need to do it when she sends the mail

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'm surprised you didn't considering the way he's introduced

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Nuebot posted:

A few pages back but it reminded me of a question I have if anyone's played the JP version of the game. The Iron Pipe. The story is clearly a reference to Nier, specifically the father version. In Japan did they go with the brother version, or did they reference the father in that one too because it's the superior version?

another weapon references brother nier. I forget which tho

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea you can quick save from the map screen so long as the game shows the saving available pop up

the save/load option in system is different. I guess it's just there so you can save over a different file

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I assume you don't get your stuff back if you repair your corpse since you don't get anything for making other player bodies into helpers

the helpers are trash anyway so you should always just take the extra cash if you're gonna bother at all imo

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they have a weird dark souls bonfire save system in place after the prologue. turn the difficulty down from w/e it currently is if you're having trouble with it; you'll be able to save once you're past that area

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea. there aren't any rewards, trophies, steam achievements, w/e for difficulty so don't worry about changing it on the fly

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

silver ore is for crafting. the things that are only for selling will be labeled as such

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yes

tho some stuff sells for more later. like machine cores you might wanna hold on to if you don't need the money right now since they'll sell for more than twice as much in the endgame

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea you can do that

or at the very least you can do really simple light-heavy and heavy-light combos

tho really this is something you could test by pressing 2 buttons so just do that

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

nier 3 should take things a step further and go from shmup in plane form to zone of the enders mech combat in biped form

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

9s looks like 14 or something

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

2b is about as tall as the other androids. she doesn't look younger than them to me at least, unlike 9s who is visibly shorter than the rest of the cast

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you have to talk to him by the desert first or he'll never move from there

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Yeah no, I've bought stuff from him at the desert entrance, I've went and found dozens of weapons and stopped him a few more times for good measure. Dude just really loves the desert and won't fuckin' leave.

Emil you're makin it hard for me to keep lovin ya dude.

E: Should we be spoiling his name? I mean he was in trailers and stuff.

if you use chapter select, it resets him and you have to talk to him at the desert entrance again

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Renoistic posted:

I beat the game for the first time today and started a new game. I didn't buy the weapons from Devola/Popola and probably missed a bunch of other stuff. Am I screwed? I thought the game would keep track of my side quest progress but it started over. Should I try to get all side quests on my second playthrough?

you can only miss one thing in the whole game, don't worry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

RanKizama posted:

gently caress Speed Star.

the slowdown pod program works on him

from what I understand, you can also use the bayonetta witch time plug-in to cheese things even more. never tried it tho