Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean he isn't wrong.

See what I meant? Not worth discussing. Move on.

It's just a series of "but ~I~ think he isn't wrong" and that's garbage, I shouldn't even have mentioned it. Sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

King of Solomon posted:

Does anyone have an answer to my question? It got lost in the other discussions

I don't think many would do that instead of the other, more obvious path to more content, which is why nobody has replied, I guess.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Vermain posted:

What are the core themes and ideas of Nier: Automata, in your view?

2Butt or not 2Butt.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

verbal enema posted:

What about A2? She is literally skintight booty shorts with her gstring pulled high.

To be fair I don't think A2 is wearing any clothes at all?
Or more specifically it seems like she's wearing a quarter of an burned apron and rest of the "clothes" are just painted/grafted on.

Nuebot posted:

You can get 9S to take his pants off too,if that makes it any better?

YOU CAN?!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I think I liked the designs of all the characters in the game. Especially Eve's half-tatted form.

Automata had some sexy boyz as well.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

beep by grandpa posted:

But I also thought every Raiden design (MGS2 > MGS4 > MGR:R) got progressively cooler and cooler which is prob a much more goon-harmful opinion :frogbon:

MGR convinced me that high heels give you a real combat advantage.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Hexenritter posted:

Personally, I like picking female protags in 3rd person games because if I've got to stare at a butt for hours on end it better be a sexy one.

That's the reason why Raiden's rear end in MGR is so good.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Wait a minute...!
Nobody actually knows what's behind the secret closed doors with apologetic suicide robots in front of them?
I though that would be some kind of post secret boss thing or sumshit.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

It's not that nobody knows what's behind them, you can never actually get in. That being said, I was watching a speedrun and someone managed to clip inside by using some wacky out of bounds poo poo and it was a regular elevator inside with no actual pushable buttons and it doesn't actually go anywhere so they had to load a save because there was no way out. People theorize it's how you'll access any future DLC if there is any

Oh...that's kinda disappointing. I was expecting a super secret super thing or something.
Since the doors were pretty well hidden and all.

There's definitely going to be at least one piece of DLC though.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Yoko Taro said there would be no DLC and this is why people don't trust him :colbert:

He said there would be no substantial DLC. There's a difference.

I imagine Colosseum being some kind of arena horde killing game mode of some sort.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Alder posted:

Idk what's going on with commander's outfit though.

Commander just wears one of those Chinese dresses with some extra poo poo added onto it.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Hexenritter posted:

The Japanese give no fucks about/and have no stigma against sexual discrimination toward women so good luck with getting more prudish clothing choices.

Actually the game already gives you a full armor suit to equip after you complete C/D ending. No?
It's still a but funky and fetish-y looking but still.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Nuebot posted:

Use (not equip) the dress module and he takes them right off :shepface: .

Dress Module?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Tarezax posted:

Emil sells it when he's on his Resistance Camp route

Jesus Christ! I must've missed a whole buncha poo poo then cause all I've seen Emil sell are materials and really bad chips.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Alder posted:

Why is it only female Yorha though? 9S is wearing pants.

You're not in touch with the shota fashion, eh?

CharlestheHammer posted:

This game actually isn't about 2Bs rear end weirdly enough

It's about the 2Butt AND how nothing in this life matters and everyone should just follow the children of the village away from the scary things.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

I don't think you are following the conversion if you blame him for starting this.

He made an innocent comment and people got insanely defensive and here we are.

...what? I'm blaming someone?
What are you even talking about and how is it related to anything?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

Basically yeah especially when he didn't want to talk about it.

I didn't want to talk about it?

"Pod 042: A Goliath-class Strawman detected. Awaiting acknowledgement."

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Opposing Farce posted:

So I finished Ending B and moved onto the third playthrough and I wanted to know, what exactly are the mechanical differences between A2 and 2B? I know A2 has berserker mode, a taunt instead of light charge attacks, and a different dash (though I'm not quite sure what it means when she turns red at the end of it), but I don't know if there's anything more subtle I'm missing.

If you charge up her dash (she glows red) you're supposed to get a brief damage boost.
At least that's what the internet told me.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

What? The guy who started this. It wasn't you

I literally have no idea what you're talking about and how my posts that you're quoting are related in any way.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I'm glad that Nier: Automata didn't have any ducks in it because I have anatidaephobia and it would be a shame if that scared a lot of people away from the game.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Dias posted:

They have areolas. :colbert:

Don't make me bring out Photoshop eyedropper tool and screenshot color difference of a full res screenshot for you.
Cause I'm pedantic enough to do it.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Is there any deeper meaning to the Bosses' names? I expected them being translated in B onwards would be important in some way, but unless they're all references to something that went over my head it wasn't really anything.

You will find out their names starting from Route B and you also will get more information about them, especially if you do side-quests.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Oh, additional question for anyone who has access to chapter select:

The Goliath Tank you fight in the amusement park has a hatch on the back that you can jump on top of and pull out its core with the circle button. It looks exactly like the cores you find inside the Resource Collectors, could someone see if you can specifically hack the core and if it tells you anything cool? I would do it myself but I wiped my save and am still replaying Route A.

Hacking that doesn't do anything interesting.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Do I have to fight the first secret lvl 99 boss as 9S?
Also what's the best way to grind levels for that? Cause I'm doing absolutely no damage to him.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Tarezax posted:

If you go to a couple of the boss arenas, enemies spawn infinitely as far as I can tell. The one in the desert or the Copied City

Thanks, time to fuse an EXP Boost +6.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Supremezero posted:

There's also the super powerful Golden Bunny in the Amusement Park who's apparently worth tons of EXP.

Where?! I don't remember anything like that.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

So what is the actual reason for machines to have created Project YoRHa?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Nuebot posted:

Hegel is a pretty awful boss with balls just loving everywhere you can't keep track of and lasers all over the drat place.

That's the only boss I didn't enjoy fighting. At all.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

Was about to ask for this, thank you. Related question so route C spoilers:
How did A2 beat them? 042 was talking poo poo about her not getting it, but I don't understand it either. :(

By letting more and more machine intelligence "parts", represented by the holo girls, gather in the same place without destroying them she eventually caused them to start arguing with each other.
The logic being that if there are enough of them hanging around in the same place some parts will start arguing with each other eventually.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Pollyanna posted:

Just a yes or no answer would suffice: is this "game is not yet installed" thing legit or am I dealing with Yoko Taro fuckery?

Yes

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

sunken fleet posted:

Huh you weren't kidding.

Minor (very) endgame spoilers. Is it possible to solo that end credit sequence? I tried like 20 times before I gave up.

I'm pretty sure it's possible if you have enough prior experience with shmups. I didn't see any unfairness in the patterns, they were just hard as balls.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Monomythian posted:

Adams obsession also plays into each Machines 'gift'

The gift represents some aspect of humanity the machines think what makes something human and how they tie into each zone or machine community.

Love?- Desert
Hate - Adam
Family - Eve
Fun - Park
Loyalty - Forest
War? - The Flooded City?
Peace - Village
Religion - Factory

I'm prob getting some wrong and missing some.

Love. Love. Love. Love.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

lets hang out posted:

the rewards for that quest are good yes

The reward being depression.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Instant Grat posted:

In case any of y'all are wondering where you've heard 2B's English voice before, here's a hint

"How could I forget my banana"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbNREEEx6ZQ

No way! Are you loving with me?

EDIT: Geez, apparently not. Good for her?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The answer to every platforming problem is Jump + Fire.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

RoadCrewWorker posted:

I'm just sad there's not a small chance of Emil casually driving through or around in the A/B final boss fight and cutscenes. That would really set the mood!

He can totally drive by when A2 is having an emotional scene with Devola and Popola.

Incidentally I also rode a moose into the Route A boss "arena" and he totally was in the way of everything, including standing between the boss and the camera during some cutscenes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

ChaosArgate posted:

Speaking of the PC version, its sounding kind of dire.

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1385207601726644225

Special-K solves all of those issues out of the box, fortunately.