Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
the menu design is some mgs3-rear end looking poo poo and i'm super into it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Genocyber posted:

It's funny, despite this being developed by Platinum this game still has a lot of really badly designed gameplay. The big open areas in this do the game no favors, since they're largely empty and just make you take longer to get to the NPCs/quest locations. First Nier was way better about this. Also the combat is honestly a lot less fun than the first Nier. You get a lot of combos but most of them don't seem all that better than the basic light and heavy attack combos, meanwhile the equivalent to the awesome magic from the first game is both more limited (you can only equip one at a time as far as I can tell) and prohibitively expensive, costing as much as the weapons to purchase.

Oh so it's a Yoko Taro game.

(i mean this in the most appreciative way possible)

psychoJ fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Feb 24, 2017

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Ending E question:

can I accept a rescue offer or will that affect anything? I suck at shmups. :/

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Cuntellectual posted:

Memory serving you can but (spoiler for after that) someone else has to delete their save to do it.

Speaking of ending E, I think the biggest twist is that it's actually a fairly happy ending.

Yeah I caved and did it. what the heck, how does someone else lose their save??? or is that just a weird meta-thing???? TARO!!! :argh:

also gently caress. what an insane thing that was. deeeeefinitely gonna need some time to process that cuz man.