Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I think I went in assuming this would be Bayonetta 3 so I was a bit put off by the open world aspect, especially coming off of Zelda and then going into this completely uninteresting world of ruins and poo poo. I kind of wish the world was smaller because there is really no point to making it this big. I need more fights and less errands.

Are there more interesting characters that come into play besides the docile robot village, so far they've been the most fun and I'm already bored to loving death with these dirt-clad Resistance fucks and the complete "whatever" attitude from 2B

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

so here's where I'm at: Just beat Adam in the Copied City and rescued 9S. How far in am I at? I'm actually really anxious that the game doesn't get crazy until the next 4 playthroughs. It started slow though I admit that it picked up huge with the the Castle kingdom run and the Flooded City titan battle and loved the underground battle.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

are playthroughs B thru E simply "things that take place during Route A but from different perspective" or are they "alternative events that happen because of what and who and where you are"

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Man I'm at a point in Route C where I realize I'm underleveled by just a little but getting like 2-shotted by loving everything. It sucks because combat being that much more of a slog at 15 hours in s loving awful and it's weird how I'm being punished for not doing more sidequest stuff. Is there an easy way to grind back up or should I just put the difficulty down until the levels are more equal?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

VA for Adam/Eve/9S/Pascal is good but 2B and A2 are boring to a point where the script undermines the voicework.

I'm torn between this and Persona 5 for what's my favorite soundtrack this year, though they're wildly different.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dias posted:

I guess this is semi-connected but I've been thinking about it from lurking the GB thread so here goes: the thing about 2B's design is that it's obviously sexualized - it's a fetish goth girl, c'mon - but the game itself doesn't really TRY to sexualize her. Okay, the camera gets "panty" shots, but it's never an active effort, it's just her costume being designed as tittilating. When you don't have camera control I can't remember any "pervy" shots except for that one at that moment and that's super justified. It's kinda interesting, and I personally give it a pass because it's sexualized in more of a haute couture way than the usual "let's just make her as naked as possible" approach most Japanese media takes with these characters. At least they made it interesting.

half the game's appeal is def because of the gothic lolita main character, people love the design and are attached to it. even though she's dull as dishwater she brings some kind of stylish spark into what amounts to Isaac Asimov For Dummies. Further into the game you get an even more scantily clad characters so it's just all asses all the time.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Hikaki posted:

The sexy characters didn't bother me that much because the only thing I knew about the game going in was that it was made by Platinum. Remember Raiden and Bayonetta? Of course the main character is gonna have a great butt.

the characters are fine aesthetically, it just feels like people love them purely for that because they're sure as hell not fun to play as and they are really boring to listen to. In contrast, 9S dresses like a Catholic schoolboy dork but probably has the most emotional outbursts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Charles_Kinbote posted:

2B is the closest to a standard JRPG heroine

this is exactly why 2B is a really boring character