Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Saint Freak posted:

People keep posting that 30 minute lore summary on each page and I'm not 30 minutes worth of interested. Someone needs to make like a 100 word summary.

If you really don't care why bother with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I'm glad that HZD is apparently a perfect enough game that it now draws comparisons to both Breath of the Wild and Nier:Automata, two very different games.

It has a leveling system they might as well be the same game.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I just completed the stamp quest and it owned.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

So do side quest completion carry over or do you have to do them in one play through.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

buglord posted:

errr so this girl's first line when she talks to the blind boy on the radio with the jetpack "emotion is prohibited, also don't call me ma'am". Also currency on the floor looks like gears. I feel like shes more robot than human.

She isn't a human no.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Snak posted:

Oh god looking for relics in the desert...
How many are there?

3 and the are all in Desert : Center area. One more spawns after that,

This will make it a lot less tedious.

Also I can't do speed Star level three.

I tried using slow but I can't get it to land.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

dazat posted:

I looked up the sidequest in English. Here's a comparison between it and the original Japanese:

(Localized Version)
9S: About goddamn time! If I ever see that bossy robo-monk again, it’ll be too soon, let me tell you.
2B: I suppose.
9S: Stupid machine. All he cared about was getting stronger until we finally scrapped him. But now we don’t have to see him ever again. What a relief!
2B: …Indeed.

(My Translation)
9S: Phew, I'm glad that's over with! Now we’ll never be bossed around by that robo-monk ever again.
2B: Right…
9S: …what a dumb robot. He cared so much about getting stronger, he didn't mind being destroyed… But now we’ll never have to see him again! Really… what a relief…
2B: …yeah.

I feel like it's a pretty good approximation of how the localization 'spices' things up, so to speak.

Ah so the differences are mostly exaggerated.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

As long as you have enough Movement Speed + chips to hit the +20% cap, you can still win even without anything else. Jump off the building toward the left and use dash at the bottom of your fall, then dash again to get the increased run speed and just book it toward the ramp near the building. When you hit a small fork either leading upward on the left or down on the right, go down, then run up the building ramp and start jumpdashing to close the remaining distance to the finish line.

Note that you can't mess up at all. I did it this way and beat him by like a pixel.

Hell I thought I lost.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Snak posted:

I couldn't even figure out the path for the second race.

Go across the to of the buildings, then climb a tree to get to the other buildings were the goal is.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Snak posted:

Pro tip: do not fall down in between the buildings.

Not specific to races:
Will someone please convince me that just sprinting is as fast or faster than spamming evade/dash? Because I know it probably is, but I have a problem not constant tapping right trigger when I want to get somewhere faster. Even though it's probably making me slower overall. The *woosh* makes it sound faster...

Yep because you have to finish to restart, which sucks for two and three.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

One thing I don't get about Ending E. How did they restore 2B and if they could why didn't the do it earlier

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Alain Post posted:

also game-play wise, is there a reason to use counter when evade exists and also lets you do the instant-launch counterattack

Same reason you do anything, it looks cool.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

dumb and kinda scared posted:

Well, just completed ending A and have to say it was real stupid he only just arrived from the bunker 15 minutes ago, so what if he loses memory of the bossfight? I understand that she's probably upset he won't get all this EXP but it doesn't really warrant all the crying and drama I know there is more to the game, hopefully it's not quite as dumb.

B does shed light on what the stakes are

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Snak posted:

Yeah, but once you get to the top of the ladder you have to jump to get out of the pipe, and you can't jump will corrupted

@ManateeCannon don't worry about it, I'm just projecting. I'm sorry.

I feel you I had to take a break because I kept getting punted into that canyon.

It's not a well designed event.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

beep by grandpa posted:

I think it's an awesome, badass and classy as gently caress which imo adds something to the game if you like the main character's design?

lol it's a lot of things but classy ain't one, well it ain't any of those things but that one stood out.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

This, honestly. There's a reason that 2B is somewhat sexualized

Yeah Yoko Taro like big asses and admits to being a pervert.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

All of you are loving wrong in liking the thing but save your breath because it's not like any of you have anything worthwhile to say on the topic anyways.

I mean he isn't wrong.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

See what I meant? Not worth discussing. Move on.

It's just a series of "but ~I~ think he isn't wrong" and that's garbage, I shouldn't even have mentioned it. Sorry.

Agreed especially when the creator has said why he did it, it's just pointless justification.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Dias posted:

This is all I'll say about the subject, because the reason WHY I don't wanna engage is exactly this "but you missed ~the themes~" conversation and nah, I really didn't. I just think everything the game could have achieved doesn't necessitate BOTH main female characters - and actually just them - to be scantily clad. I think the game hits on those themes just fine even if you ignore the costumes, and I think them conversations about "we wanted boobs but the other guy wanted rear end so..." aren't as tongue-in-cheek as people pretend it is. I also think this leads to derails where no one is gonna change opinions on the topic, and the costumes really didn't bother me that much. It's just a quirk that I had to get over.

edit: add a short underneath 2B's skirt and you hit all them points still because it's okay to like goth loli fashion, really.

Wait do people really believe Taro is lying? He is a rather straightforward dude.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

verbal enema posted:

The butt is good for those who can either lol, move past, or enjoy it. I dig it but am also a pervert so w/e

Is bad for people who feel some odd reason that looking at a group of pixels arranged into an rear end is an affront to them. That's why the camera goes so low by default! That's why the camera is so low!

What about A2? She is literally skintight booty shorts with her gstring pulled high.

Which is also good

For some odd reason, lol

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

To be fair I don't think A2 is wearing any clothes at all?
Or more specifically it seems like she's wearing a quarter of an burned apron and rest of the "clothes" are just painted/grafted on.

YOU CAN?!

There is actually an achievement for that, to be fair.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

verbal enema posted:

Oh no an rear end! This is affecting myself as an adult! I suffer nothing from this but the simple thought THAT SOMEWHERE someone got a boner over it ahhh!No!Help!

Lol, my dude go outside

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

beep by grandpa posted:

Lol I haven't seen this dumb thing posted in like a decade. It's like meeting an old friend.

I usually prefer playing female protagonist for no real particular reason but it's all so insufferably politicized now it's not quite as cool to me as it used to be.

:yeah:

Oh your one of those.

Jack Trades posted:

Wait a minute...!
Nobody actually knows what's behind the secret closed doors with apologetic suicide robots in front of them?
I though that would be some kind of post secret boss thing or sumshit.

There isn't anything behind thing, at least for now.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

DrPaper posted:

no, I have to come to the android rear end game thread to talk about the rear end android outfit so I can take a moral high ground by saying it's not worth discussing

This game actually isn't about 2Bs rear end weirdly enough

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

The subplot doesn't even last through route A!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

You're not in touch with the shota fashion, eh?

It's about the 2Butt AND how nothing in this life matters and everyone should just follow the children of the village away from the scary things.

I don't think you are following the conversion if you blame him for starting this.

He made an innocent comment and people got insanely defensive and here we are.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Tarezax posted:

And Eve is shirtless throughout, are you seriously gonna argue that he isn't sexualized

He doesn't even have nipples.

You can tell we're the effort went

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

DrPaper posted:

Responding in any way is now "insanely defensive"

Basically yeah especially when he didn't want to talk about it.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

I didn't want to talk about it?

"Pod 042: A Goliath-class Strawman detected. Awaiting acknowledgement."

What? The guy who started this. It wasn't you

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Then is it fair to call you insanely aggressive considering we've had several discussions about the overtly sexual tones surrounding YoRHA and several particular scenes with really good posts and write-ups about them and the only posts I've seen you make have been making GBS threads on anyone who says a video game character's outfit isn't unacceptable?

I am insanely aggressive yes. The rest is a charitable and uncharitable reading of the conversation.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

I literally have no idea what you're talking about and how my posts that you're quoting are related in any way.

I know and it's rather confusing.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I do like how Adam and Eve have Ps2 textures for their bodies.

At least give then some nicely detailed abs or nipples or something.

At least Adam(?) has a kickass glove

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I am baffled that people think MGS:R had deep gameplay.

It was more theatrical, but deep lol.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Tunahead posted:

Yoko Taro became a thing when the zeitgeist caught up with him.

Yoko Taro thought about how most video games are about committing mass murder but bizarrely their protagonists just act like regular normal people. In 2003, he released Drakengard, which is the story of an enormous bloodbath and the mass murderer who revels in it. In 2012, Spec Ops: The Line did a similar thing and people praised it for its amazing story.

In 2010, Yoko Taro made Nier, a game about an apocalypse that turned people into really unusual zombies and the morally ambiguous dad who had to live in that dying world with his daughter. In 2013, The Last of Us did a similar thing and people praised it for its amazing story.

The gaps seem to be getting shorter so I look forward to a game being released later this year that wins all the awards for its amazing story about androids and robots fighting over a dead Earth in the distant future.

Drakengards story is choppy and kind of a mess, so missing it isn't crazy.

It tries to do stuff but it doesn't do them very well

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I mean the whole route C is the cast finding their reasoning beyond just their built in motivations. Plus the androids basically abandoned the struggle being their main motive before the game really began, helping the YOHRA units but living their own lives.

Having a character vocalize this to the camera seems really unnecessary and kind of corny.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Wait people care about A2.

She was fine I guess but nothing particularly interesting

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

Must be weird living in your world, constantly surprised that other people have opinions apart from you

Doesn’t come up as much as you think

Though I was more surprised because while she served her role in the story, that’s about it

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

That’s fair making her backstory optional was a rather weird decision. Especially since they made Devola mandatory

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

RoadCrewWorker posted:

I never felt (or feel in general) that people advertising some game as complete perfection and the second coming of christ are actually doing that game as much of a favor as they think. Nier Tomato is very unique and one of my favorite games that year and i 100% it, but it's also a gem with notable flaws and rough edges and i've seen more than a few of my friends bounce off it. Neglecting to mention that stuff is a surefire way to raise unrealistic expectations and set newcomers up for disappointment.

That’s just how people go, there isn’t any perfect product but fans are gonna hype up stuff they like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Nah the ending was the worst part, the rest was meh but the ending was actively bad