Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

How did people here remap their controls? I put evade on X and jump on O because having evade on a trigger seemed like a terrible idea but I keep forgetting about my jump in fights so I don't know if there's a more ergonomic setup or if I'm just bad at it. Probably just bad at it.

Also this is my first time hearing that there was more to the Nier endings than what we got and I'm not at all surprised that a Nier sequel is going off of that information.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Nina posted:

I wouldn't really say (based on the current information available) that Nier endings really play into Automata. It's just two short stories that allude to the future robot war being a thing.

Yeah that's what I figure, I just mean in the general but very slight context giving way that Drakengard and Nier play into each other.

Re: button mapping, thanks! Gonna try out both and see how I feel about them.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Bogart posted:

I admit I skipped most of the 2 LP after a point because I was tired of the hilarious commentary combined with the bad story.
It is hard to beat taking the rhythm boss enemy to the real world and then getting hit by fighter jets and being impaled on the Tokyo tower.

2 is the least important entry in the series. It's a terrible game, it's completely without the qualities that made Drakengard or Nier interesting (where Drakengard 3 is somewhat toned down from Drakengard it still has at least a healthy fraction of that weirdness). The story is also extremely frustrating for how much literally nobody talks to each other and how dumb the protagonist is.

In an effort to be ready for Automata, catching up on Drakengard 2 is even more unimportant than the rest of the series since it delivers literally 0 context, as a branch of Drakengard that has nothing to do with the Nier branch. The only reason to consume any of it in any way is pretty much because TDI is an excellent LPer.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Infinity Gaia posted:

Man now that I'm in Route B it feels like my memory is playing tricks on me. I keep trying to find locked chests I had marked mentally and not being able to do so, and then like 20 minutes of searching later I find out I was thinking of a completely different place.

drat my obsessive need to open all of these.

I had this problem at the very beginning of Route B. It turns out that the chest at the exit of the factory doesn't spawn until the machines find Jesus

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

How do I get to the photograph area that's in a part of the desert it won't let me go to? I assume I'm missing something obvious but a sandstorm pops up to stop me getting out that far.

Cling to the invisible wall towards the right until you can move forward, then go left

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Do any members of the Resistance ever actually bring up the humans? Route C sidequests with Devola and Popola suggests that they are still, even now being punished for their model allowing humans to go extinct. Someone mentioned how the protagonists are essentially alone and with the knowledge of human extinction but the Resistance androids still exist, possibly have been living with human extinction, and Devola and Popola are still not confirmed dead. So they are hardly alone in most senses.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Nina posted:

Nobody knows about the human extinction by the time of the game except for the unseen android authority, Commander and 9S. Devola and Popola don't know either since their entire line has been memorywiped. All anyone knows is that somehow they messed up and you're supposed to ostracize them but nobody knows the specifics

Ah okay, I guess I just glossed over the last part and didn't get how that affected nonYorHa androids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

A fun theory I came up with immediately after reading that question is that (C/D end spoilers) she's actually a backup E unit, since her character mirrors 2B in a lot of ways.