Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Anatharon posted:

Personally I think Bayonetta isn't that great and Bayonetta 2 is not that great but also more of the same. :shrug:

Well,as long as you admit that MGR is sicknasty (or at least has sicknasty boss fights),you can still be saved. If not...I don't know you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Anatharon posted:

MGR is one of the best games ever and possibly our greatest achievement, as a species.

That is the correct best answer.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Speaking of MGR,I wonder if this game is gonna have a surprise Armstrong-like final boss,like the Korra game did. Except, like everything from the Korraverse,he was super lame.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just played the demo,was pretty great. Banter was a lot better than most games I've played (and if this is apparently Yoko's worst,can't wait to see his best). Boss fight was :krad: Only thing that would've made it better for me is if RULES OF NATURE started playing. Long and short of it-I don't pre-order many games,but this will be one of them.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just started the game,it's pretty good so far. Just wondering-where do I find pyrite? Is it something I find in the desert? I would like to know so I can upgrade BEASTLORD :black101: On that note,are there any weapons with a cooler name than BEASTLORD?

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Yeah,sometimes the RNG can be rough. I'm trying to grind for stuff to upgrade my weapons with,but they drop nothing 90% of the time,at least for me. And I still can't find a single unit of pyrite.:sigh:

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Mar 10, 2017

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Mordiceius posted:

Also, where do I get my grimoire Weiss skin?

For me the skins just showed up in my inventory when I found the pod in the desert.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Bugblatter posted:

I guess in answer to my own question from earlier regarding separating the different routes as they do, I'm now guessing it's largely because they play differently. Route A is mostly JRPG with some Platinum Lite action, Route B is heavy on shmup, and Route C is closest to a normal Platinum title. I've probably made it too clear what I think of the execution on the JRPG subquests and shmup hacking, but the concept itself is solid.

ntan1 posted:

You've clearly hated this game already, while many other people enjoy it. Just stop playing and go post in another thread.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS posted:

of the drakengard/nier games, its my least favorite tbh
More than 2? The one with Not-Tidus in it and a bunch of other cringy JRPG cliches?

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Dias posted:

Also legit last word on this, check the rap sheet on who you're engaging. Bye!

Aaaaaaaaand...ignored.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but Yahtzee's review is up...and he's wrong on most fronts,besides the combat. For instance,a lot of the sidequests,while simple,were interesting.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

I was wondering-do you ever go back to the Bunker or whatever the space station is called? I kinda missed the self-destruct ending .

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Snak posted:

Uh, yes, plenty of times​. How far are you in the game?

Just beat the two giant robots which cause the aliens to show up. I just got the mission to investigate the crater.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Snak posted:

So barely started lol.

Yeah,I kinda got distracted by Horizon Zero Dawn for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

The Gunslinger posted:

I think I am kinda bouncing off this game but wanted to check on a few things before I give up:

- Do you ever get the ability to traverse the city a little easier? They tease you with these wingsuits but just for story bosses so far. I find getting around pretty annoying even with double jump and a +10% speed up mod.

- Is the map being bad part of some long running in joke or something? They reference this in game so I assume so. But wow, it is very bad. The games annoying map barriers and invisible walls don't help either.

- At what point am I going to give a poo poo about anything going on? So far at least the writing is dreadful and the games setpieces are loving bizarre. Some thing gave birth to something that I killed which birthed something else. Now they are back later as twins in an even weirder sequence. Ok?

- Does the combat system improve/evolve? So far it seems pretty shallow outside of your chip build choices.

This is so highly rated on Metacritic and in user reviews but I am really not getting it, I'm about 6 hours in. I just passed the part with the alien reveal, after the weirdo circus.

Perhaps something like Call of Duty: WWII might be more your speed.