Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

As a huge fan of the Raidou Kuzunoha spinoff series I literally could not be MORE for the idea of Taro Yoko directing an entry in it.

I'd settle for more Raidou alone :v:

Anyone buying Day 1 or The Black Box Edition? How do the DLC codes for your robot buddy work? Is it the same as FFXV?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Finally purchased a PS4 and I liked the demo. I esp like the OST as I'd never played a Nier game before. Also helped with the nice VA. I'm looking forward to it in March before P5.

let's have some cute fanart in the meantime:

https://twitter.com/laaaicha/status/808284964177539072

https://twitter.com/kitsune23sta/status/813929511725232128

Alder fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jan 20, 2017

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLCrzJdF8Z4

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

VA looks better from the demo and cute robots.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

a kitten posted:

I can't wait to go on adventures with my drone buddy and make friends with the animals and probably be best robo-buds with all the robots at the end. :3:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

http://nier2.com/blog/2017/02/16/one-week-to-go/

Little plate stands?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=uCB_Uq00DWk

Tiny 2B figure :3:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I feel like 2 weeks will go by quickly and it's much sooner than P5 which is still out in 2 months.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

arisu posted:

God drat it, I want to support the NA version but it is so god drat tempting to go buy a bunch of JP PSN cards right now and get Nier Automata in the next day and a half.

Welp, just a reminder DLC are region-locked so might as well wait for the US release unless you have money to burn.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

lets hang out posted:

defaults to english voices and text on a us account

here's a hot tip for anyone who's like "i'm gonna start on hard because i'm a tough guy": be really proactive about healing yourself, the auto chip does not work like it did in the demo

Are the menu and wep descriptions in ENG too? Just curious since I have 2 weeks to go.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

lets hang out posted:

Only thing out of the ordinary is having to use the circle button to confirm instead of x. If you run it on your English account you won't even have to stumble through to pick a language, everything is English from the moment it starts up.

Now the wait is going to kill me :sigh:

I wish I knew the reason for the 2 week delay too. Maybe to stop reverse importing? The game is already $60-70 in USA.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Correct HK version: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...ver=4.20.5:home

It's approx $5 greater than digital order for US. It's really tempting since it comes with the same Day One items.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

LawfulWaffle posted:

Okay, I didn't know about the t-shirts being EU exclusive. Now if I can narrow down if the PS4 digital pre-order includes those Day One pod outfits I can safely cancel my Amazon pre-order and switch it over.

Digital preorders get all DLC items and theme. The only reason I can think of ppl ordering via amazon is for Prime discount and physical edition.

StarkRavingMad posted:

Dammit, you guys are going to convince me to dust off my HK account to get this today. I'm always a little reluctant to do anything on that account since I get a notification like every other day that someone is trying to hack it.

2-factor life

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0203jbYU0TI

Combo showcase

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Nuebot posted:

It's really worrying because I want to get the steam version, but if we're never getting it or if it's like a year delayed or something I'll just buy the PS4 version. But I don't want to buy the PS4 game only to find out PC is coming out like a week later.

:same: As a person of limited means there's only so many times I'm able to buy the same game again.

Also mods are life.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

redreader posted:

2: I finished the nier: automata demo, is there a thing I need to do in order to get a bonus item or whatever, for when I play the main game?

No, but you can practice sword combos until release date.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

It's my first time with a digital PS4 purchase and apparently it needs 40 hrs to download via wired connection? Is this normal?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Welp gnite thread and hopefully it'll be over in 27 hrs

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

dazat posted:

Sorry if this has been addressed (I skipped over a bunch of posts to avoid potential spoilers) but I downloaded the game, it told me it was complete, I played thru the demo section and have been stuck at the System Check load screen for over an hour. What I want to know is if I stay on this screen will it eventually load? Or should I start the game over? If it's a bug I'd hate to waste time.

I wanted to congratulate Yoko for escaping the kusoge pit but of course there has to be soooomething lol. :argh:

Also I barely kept my poo poo together playing Normal! You Very Hard mofos are something else!

It's a bug they were supposed to fix so you'll have to restart. Hmm I'm thinking that a few more weeks of troubleshooting before USA release will help.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Still downloading :smith:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

For anyone considering PS4 vs PC there's some insane stuttering issue on my slim and I hope they fix it soon. I'm only in the City Ruins but it's extremely annoying.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I was hoping we'd get more clothes, I guess not. How do we regen 2B's skirt? I went and rested but I'm still wearing only a leotard. I feel dumb as Nines is pantless too

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Nines is cute :kimchi:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I'm lost after Flooded City How do I use the Black Box radar? I'm looking for 9S but I don't see anything under items

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Should I do all the side quests in Route B or wait for Route C? I skipped them all in Route A but sure if it's worth the effort if I need to replay it a min 4x.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Welp, I kinda wished I waited for PC but cute robots :sigh:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I can run it but the question is do i have the :20bux:

<Required
operating environment > · OS: Windows® 7 64-bit, Windows® 8.1 64-bit, Windows® 10 64-bit
 * 32-bit OS does not work.
· CPU: Intel® Core ™ i3 2100 or more
· AMD A 8 - 6500 or more · Main memory: 4 GB or more free space
· Hard disk / SSD: 50 GB or more free space
· graphics card: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 770 VRAM 2 GB or more AMD Radeon ™ R9 270X VRAM 2GB or more
sound card: DirectX® 11 support
and communication environment: Broadband or more
, screen resolution: 1280X720
- DirectX®: DirectX® 11
- other: mouse, keyboard, game pad (XInput only)

<The recommended operating environment>
 1 64 bit, Windows® 10 64 bit * It does not operate on 32 bit OS.
· CPU: Intel® Core ™ i5 4670 or more
· AMD A 10 - 7850 K or more · Main memory: 8 GB or more free space
· Hard disk / SSD: 50 GB or more free space
· graphics card: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 980 VRAM 4 GB or more AMD Radeon ™ R9 380X VRAM 4GB or more
sound card: DirectX® 11 support
and communication environment: Broadband or more
• screen resolution: 1920X1080
- DirectX®: DirectX® 11
- other: mouse, keyboard, game pad (XInput only)

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Jack Trades posted:

Does anyone know how many difficulty modes the game has? Are there any higher than Hard? Is there NG+?

There's Easy, Normal, Hard, and Very Hard. You do get NG+ and keep all your items so feel free to stockpile b/t PT.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Amazon has a listing up for pre-ordering: https://www.amazon.com/NieR-Automata-Online-Game-Code/dp/B01KUAMF66?th=1

Spoiler: $59.99 same as PS4 :v:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

What does the sound radar do?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Tells you where use the scanner pod ability. It's useless, honestly.

Welp, do you find anything cool with the scanner then?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

toasterwarrior posted:

Anyone in SEA mind checking if the game is available on Steam? Or am I going to have to get someone in the US to gift me a copy like Revengeance again?

It's region-locked.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

lets hang out posted:

lol the steam forum for this game is a trash fire

pretty much a built-in feature on steam

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

So I suppose I should have asked this before putting down the bones so I can play tomorrow but:

how representative did the demo of this game turn out to be? That showed me a straightforward character action game with camera fuckery, some equipment customization and very light exploration elements, but from reading as much as I can here avoiding black bars, I seem to have... er, missed the mark. (And wandered into something more explore-y, which didn't work for me in Breath of the Wild and I don't see working here either.)

It's a smaller game since there's not a lot of hubs but empty space. Also I hope you like replaying battles because there's a huge component of the story. Upgrading weapons is simple as farming mats but nothing insane like MMO can be and won't take hrs of your life away.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

PC preorder for $49: https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/nier-automata-day-one-edition/

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

fadam posted:

Is there a really OP weapon or spell config you guys would recommend for speeding through Nier? The game isn't very hard but I'd like to optimize things I guess.

Play on easy and auto-chips on will cut time off.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It's really, really infuriating to see people have 9S's AI turned on and just hang back with the pod while also saying the games combat is dull when they're actively choosing not to participate in it. I can't watch Automata streams anymore.

For the 1st PT 9S did nothing other than run into enemies despite changing the combat style until I hit Aggressive which ended up killing the happy machines too :smith:

I did turn on auto-chips because I hated aiming the pod during fights and flying enemies are bad.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

fadam posted:

Just beat the first ending of Nier. I'm sitting through the credits right now. The second playthrough is for sure worth it? How different is it?

You have to replay the game at least 4x to get the complete story and then do side quests.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

fadam posted:

I have all the side quests except for the fishing and gardening poo poo done. Should I get the DLC?

There's no DLC yet other than pod skins and masks for everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Everyone just turn it to Normal and you can clear the game. No one will know the truth.

About Route C I'm at the part where 2B is trying to get to a location by the factory and is infected which means my moveset is disabled. However, I never realized how many places I needed to jump b/t areas so I ended up being ganged up while repeatedly failing to reach a high ledge :sigh:

Then I had to restart from the very beginning. Am I just going the wrong direction or too slow?