Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

ShimaTetsuo posted:

- Why would you viral market for a 5 year old game, at all?

Sequel! Sequel! Sequel!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

BisbyWorl posted:

Also the gacha

Instant complete turn-off.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Flytrap posted:

Of the three, Drakengard 2 is the closest any of the 3 gets to being an actually good and functional game. It's also the one that missed the point that the others are going for. 1 and 3 are trying to say something, 2 they just said "Make a Musou" and then they did. It's a dang good one too honestly. 4 characters and all of them are tightly made with satisfying kits that reflect the character.

An over-arching thematic thrust of this series is that it probably shouldn't be fun to kill people. 2 tried to make it more fun because the director didn't understand that.

Even Automata is, to be frank, kind of mediocre as far as action games go. But after twenty years of this series I'm not really heading in expecting to enjoy the gameplay.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

One of my biggest hurdles in playing Automata was that I really don't like 9S, but now I respect it, because I believe that was the point.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

I mean to be fair

beep by grandpa posted:

people who dont think about death frequently/have mh issues are just incapable of critical thinking, curiosity or empathy

is probably true lmao

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Larryb posted:

For anyone put off by the first episode of the anime I’d strongly recommend checking out the second

This is how 99% of anime recommendations go and it rarely ever pans out well for me.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

pentyne posted:

Is the powered robot suit fueled by PTSD somehow, or does the suit itself has PTSD?

Yes.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

ShimaTetsuo posted:

that's fair, but in a discussion about "what's yoko taro even been up to", it seems weird to just ignore this game? I mean, there's tons of story in there. yoko taro doesn't do more work when the gameplay is like automata vs when it's like reincarnation, does he?

if they wanted me to give a poo poo they shouldn't have made it a bullshit gacha game

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Vandar posted:

you can blast through the story fairly quick.

They made me watch that little white girl run walk through a castle for like ten loving minutes and I turned that poo poo off and never looked back. Either make a game or write a book, but miss me with this half-assed garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

Ico owned though

Hell yeah