Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

the just dodge split into clones thing looks super good and fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

they spend a lot of time screaming in trailers so probably not emotionless

like this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cllGmc5cYPs

and this one which i hadn't seen before
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDQ1uCielBs

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Nov 2, 2016

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

http://www.jp.square-enix.com/nierautomata/sp/store/ There's going to be dlc to replace your little floating robot with Weiss

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

ff15 crossover weapon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zmTHb6VW34

changes dodge effect, damage numbers style

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Demo is up on jp psn, apparently has English voices and text options if you just can't wait until tomorrow.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Yea

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

holy poo poo swapping the light sword to triangle and the heavy sword to square completely changes their movesets

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

if you don't want to plink away at the shooting bots the air dash + triangle attack is great for hitting them. if you have the long sword on triangle it carries you a really long distance but with the short sword it's pretty easy to hit what you want, and it has priority over pretty much everything so you can do it into groups of enemies who are actively attacking without fear

wish the stinger you get from holding triangle with the short sword in the heavy slot was the same way, i want to hit things with it so bad but it's so hard

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

hey how do i do this

https://my.mixtape.moe/syctti.webm

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DVb_zpJf5U&t=2096s

you can see them leave town and go run around the world. no loading screen even. if the time messes up it's at like 35 minutes

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

well she immediately follows it with some annoyance about being called ma'am and i think that counts as an emotion

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

2 B or not 2 B

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itjmmYxiLd4

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Assuming humanity isn't already dead or at least gone and not coming back

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

my takeaway from d3 was that there is no canon and any connections are entirely coincidental

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

In one of the top down rooms you can go under the stairs to find a lvl 5 robot and a switch that lowers a bridge leading back to earlier in the stage

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Press light attack + jump to have her throw it forward while she hops back, do the same while holding forward on the stick to have her follow the sword. You can't cancel out if it so I'm not sure it's that useful.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Looking forward to the new flowers quest

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Who cares about the characters and story in vanquish lol

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

It's a shame about those people's brain problems

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Vanquish sold over 800k copies which is pretty good for an apparently offputting anime game that Sega made zero attempt to sell.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Gameplay Corpse bodies of other players will show up in the world like dark souls or nioh and can be repaired to help you. http://gamestalk.net/post-75231/

I don't know if it was mentioned before but one of the reasons to recover your body will be that some of your plug-in chips are left on it. Post doesn't say whether or not online bodies will let you take their chips.

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Feb 20, 2017

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

There's some twitter pic of a support page listing 6 languages going around. But confirmed or not I just bought $100 of jp psn cards :f5:

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

finally timezones are on my side

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

defaults to english voices and text on a us account

here's a hot tip for anyone who's like "i'm gonna start on hard because i'm a tough guy": be really proactive about healing yourself, the auto chip does not work like it did in the demo

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Feb 22, 2017

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Only thing out of the ordinary is having to use the circle button to confirm instead of x. If you run it on your English account you won't even have to stumble through to pick a language, everything is English from the moment it starts up.

And I guess if you have some account weirdness that prevents you from doing that language is like the top thing in the options, just like in the demo.

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Feb 22, 2017

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

had my minimap inexplicably disappear at one point, checked the chip and it was still there, loading a save game got it back :shrug:

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Hard mode really doesn't seem worth it. I keep wanting to think of it like every other platinum game but it's more like difficulty in the first game in that you can change it at any time and should probably save it for a second loop, if the game has something like that. Just funny that there's a higher instant death difficulty when almost everything on hard already one shots you.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Bugblatter posted:

Do people have any idea how the difficulties match up to other Platinum games? The demo gave me the impression that I should go one level higher than usual (Like Hard was the equivalent of Normal in other Platinum titles), but now it's sounding like they're actually aptly titled?

If you can consistently beat the demo on very hard you're probably good for hard mode in the full game. I'm not kidding when I say most of the hits I take kill me instantly. And this is with a death system that's more punitive than dark souls. And lol if you forgot to save recently.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Augus posted:

Doesn't sound like it? Nier's Ending B route was fairly transformative (not in terms of gameplay but in terms of story) while C/D's route was pretty much the exact same as B until the final boss and ending.

At least in the demo, hard mode dramatically changed the enemy AI and gave the bosses new attack patterns, while Very Hard was the same thing but with 1-hit KO. Don't know if that's the case in the full game but it would be weird if it wasn't.

Also, this is still an RPG so isn't it possible that people getting one-shorted in Hard Mode are rushing through and not leveling up enough?

You know how at the start of the demo you get a few waves of little guys and then a slightly bigger one drops down? He hit me once and I died.

here think about it like this: every time in the demo when the chip automatically used an item to heal you? Instead you died and got sent back to where you last saved.

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Feb 23, 2017

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I started a new game and all the chests after the intro are already open and I can't tell whether or not this is a bug lol

e: same name in the same slot

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Feb 23, 2017

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

there's english for everything

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

so i experimented and started over a bunch of times and chests that have been opened once seem to be opened and empty forever on any subsequent save files with any names. probably a bug? maybe? i dunno it's yoko taro

e: deleting system data does bring them all back

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Feb 24, 2017

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

arisu posted:

Seconding play the demo, but know that the actual game is a lot more RPG than the demo. The demo is a fairly linear dungeon that you blow through like a character action game (with some awesome Nier camera twists), while the game itself is a lot more chill, open world RPG stuff.

EDIT: I need one more dented plate to upgrade this stupid sword and it's not dropping. The guys in the desert drop those right?

i get them from the little flyers pretty regularly (in any location)

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Feb 24, 2017

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

it should've asked you if you wanted to save after the intro, and then you should be able to save normally if you're out in the world. is it actually downloaded all the way or just what you need to start it?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

lol you can flash your light at robots to make them upset like it's god hand

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

You find save terminals out in the world, once you turn them on they become active over a wide area designated on your map by a light colored circle. At any point while you're inside one of those circles you can save your game from the menu, there's even a quick save option on the first screen that's just takes one down press to get to, it's really fast. When you die, you respawn at the terminal you last saved from, and have to run back and recover your corpse or else lose some of the plug-in chips you had equipped. I pretty much think of them like dark souls bonfires, you have to sit at those to register them as your respawn point, and for the same reason in this game you should do a quick save every time you enter the range of a terminal.

There are some checkpoints, during a long boss fight for example, but I think if you were to quit the game suddenly you would lose everything that happened since your last save.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Mindblast posted:

Do these things show up on the map before activating? Maybe I simply overlooked it.

They're like little red diamonds on the map before you turn them on. Vending machines with a gang of robots trying to beat them up.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Boss impressions, faintest story spoilers though.
Boss 3 (Opera Singer) might just be the best boss Platinum have made, which to me, is the highest possible praise. At least from the games of theirs I've played. That fight is a masterpiece in every way.

really appreciate the rings she shoots out being accompanied by bell noises

also my favorite enemies so far (really early)the totem pole bots in the desert who just totter around and stare at you

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Feb 24, 2017

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

item make sure you try out those combat drugs they're real special

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

suddenly have 12 sidequest marks on my minimap and half of them i can't even do because either they're full of enemies way higher level than me or they're just broken and not triggering correctly :newlol: