Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

This game. It's really loving good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Motto posted:

Hard and up also disable lockon. :shepface:

Yeah that seems kinda crazy, gonna have to turn the sensitivity down most likely. The difficulty feels good on Hard but it seems like the Lock-on should still be available on that.

I like that you can just turn off system mechanics by un-equipping them :v:

Okay so were there any QTEs on any difficulty setting? I did not see a single one, but my wife was playing the boss fight on Easy so I dunno if they're just turned off for that or not.

Lot of secrets in the demo but none of them seem to do anything, just Gold and crafting pickups and there doesn't seem to be a way to use any of those. No spear weapon in the demo either?

There's a whoooole lot of Revengeance in this game but it feels different enough to not be too close.

Augus posted:

Note: Hard Mode, on top of ramping up enemies' damage, also makes them faster and smarter, and the demo boss has a different attack pattern and a couple new attacks on hard.

Yeah I noticed this right before I died to the boss, kinda neat.

I can't stop laughing at the default enemy's basic attack, just whirlwinding its arms wildly towards you. If you get hit with it, it's your own fault :v:

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Time your dodge and you get a big rear end counter attack. Dodge back instead of left/right helps a lot too. Not sure if the counter attacks are fully invuln or not but you can use the shotgun counter for a ranged option anyway.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

RBA Starblade posted:

I've got a shotgun? Welp.

Just the dodge->R1 attack, basically works like a shotgun.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Dodge->R1

You get unique counters for each each of Light/Heavy/Gun.