Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

I read the Nier: Gestalt LP before diving into this and was wondering if I'd be doing myself a favour if I hoard all those quest collectibles. Also does anyone have a strong opinion on which language to use? I generally go with subbed japanese when consuming other stuff like shows, anime, movies, etc... but with games it can be a bit tough at times to read while actively playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Mordiceius posted:

I just unlocked fast travel. How far am I from ending A? (I'm guessing REALLY far)

It depends how you play. I went through route A pretty quickly but I ignored pretty much all the quests and optional areas.

I'm in route B now and trying to complete Yorha Betrayers but can't seem to find the rascals. I've tried each of the 3 areas and one has a red marker that I can't seem to reach. From what I've read online it may be that I need to complete up to a certain point before they'll pop up but I can't seem to find a consensus on if that's the case and if so what point. Anyone able to assist?

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

I have completed route C and do I need to start the game again to gain access to anything else or can it all be done through chapter select?

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

I'm done route C and looking for a resource that can help me obtain the remaining endings preferably with as few spoilers as possible, just a nudge in the right direction. I can see that I'm missing quests through chapter select but is there a way to figure out what they are? Do solid red quest icons on the mini-map signifying they've been completed?

Levin fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Mar 15, 2017

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

I have completed route C and I'm looking to wrap up the remaining content but getting extremely frustrated, I have tried to start Emil's memories but can't interact with the lunar tear in the commercial district and I can't seem to find the Robo-sensei anymore to wrap up that quest line. I have tried googling to find a good resource and fextralife has not been particularly helpful. Can anyone recommend a resource?

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Bugblatter posted:

Route C exploration question: When I ran back through the dark version of the lower factory, there's a big neon-lit something off in the distance that's visible in the background in a couple spots. Anyone know what that is?

Also, there's a fourth collector tower visible down in the copied city. Weird. Maybe it was there in Route A with the intention of being one of the three that get shot above ground and they just forgot to remove it for Route C?

Even if you already did it before, you need to talk to Emil at his shop first. That's the first step in the quest and it got reset when you used chapter select. Robo-sensei is only available during certain points of the story. I think he first pops up after you first fight Adam, but I'm not certain.

Thank you for your assistance, going forward with this quest I have Emil's mask but now when I talk to him in the city near the desert he won't loving trigger the next step, I've checked youtube videos and fextralife and I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Do I need to be 99?

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

I'm done route C and need help with Emil's final quest, I have completed Emil's memories and picked up Emil's Mask but when I speak with him on the surface he's not progressing the quest line. Have anyone else experienced this issue?

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Just caught this had been released through Steam sale. I don't know if I have it in me to play through it but anyone know if The Dark Id is going to do a let's play?!

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

It's worth playing even if I read went through all of The Dark Id's LP on the original Nier and played Automata? That sounded like a nightmare that I think I found far more entertaining as a bystander watching the insanity unfold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Organza Quiz posted:

I mean you're in the thread for fans of the game, what do you think we're going to tell you?

I'm in a thread for a game, I don't assume everyone in it will have the exact same opinion of that game, see any in thread on a game ever.

beep by grandpa posted:

Omfg you're a grown-up; if you want to play it, play it! What are you asking us for

Omfg, I'm a grown-up, with limited time to play games and am interested in taking into consideration the opinions of others before investing dozens of hours into something! If I was sure I wanted to play it I wouldn't have asked.

Zonko_T.M. posted:

You've read the plot synopsis, that's just like playing the game, right?

If you're interested enough to ask just do it. I read the LP, but it's a very different experience to play the game directly. The remake also has:
-better graphics
-new cutscenes and content not in the original
-you play as brother Nier instead of Dad
-you get to experience boar-drifting first hand!

If you don't get why playing the game yourself is different from reading a screenshot LP please go outside today and try to figure out why that's different from reading about it.

The LP hardly seemed like a synopsis, I thought it was really thorough and well done, I definitely feel like I got a good feel for what playing the original Nier would have been like. I sincerely doubt I would have ever muddled my way through that game and would have lost out on some wonderful storytelling and hilarious bits. It's an RPG, if there was little to no difference in the narrative and the gameplay was as tedious as the original seemed to be then I can think of better ways to spend my time.

Thanks to everyone that a gave a thoughtful response, you've given me a lot to think about and consider, I appreciate hearing your perspectives.