Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan

R1+X

Does anyone think that this game will end up explaining where Cathedral City came from? Given the occurrences in Drakengard 3 (Accord), and what's going on in this game, I think there's a chance for a tie-in of that nature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan

chiasaur11 posted:

Except Wyverns.

Filthy job stealing bastards.

Mikhail, truly, is the best.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I honestly didn't know that came from D2, I just figured D3 established that! Shows how much I missed not playing that awful game.
If I recall correctly, D3 established that dragons are the only ones who can oppose the flower. Where the flower came from is pretty much unknown, but given the similarities from Ending D and D1's Ending E, you can assume that the Watchers/Angels and the flower are directly related. Essentially, the flower is kind of the primary antagonist throughout since One's brother is never killed, and goes on to form the Cult of the Watchers and whatnot. Legna's intentions in D2 make me wonder what exactly happened to result in the dragons being cast down from their former position.

Aumanor posted:

Wait, wasn't it how they got rid of Maso from Nier's world? Sent it away to another dimension which happened to be Drakengard's past?
Nah. The Gestalt/Replicant project was basically designed to deal with the Maso problem, which ended up being a global threat when Shinjuku was nuked. We still don't know where Cathedral City came from or what triggered the cataclysm prior to D3.

Nina posted:

I think Fire of Prometheus had a physical description of them but for some reason the full translation disappeared from the internet
I haven't read it yet, but you can read The Fire of Prometheus here.

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

So I know it's only tangentially related at best, but I guess Scalebound is now officially dead in the water?

Was anyone actually looking forward to that?

Nah. Looked really subpar during gameplay showings.

Watch the assets get reused for Drakengard 4. :frogbon:

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan
Not only was it a PlatinumGames project, but Hideki Kamiya was directing it. While it definitely didn't look too hot when it was shown, I had faith that it would have turned out to being something decent just from his involvement alone.

ETURNA fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jan 9, 2017

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Titanfall 2 is an ultra-fast paced FPS and it's doing just fine on consoles, actually. In fact I would say a lot of Vanquish's DNA made it into Titanfall.

(I'm actually super glad we're discussing Vanquish, btw, it rules)
Definitely agree about Titanfall 2. Before it released, the gameplay footage always reminded me of Vanquish, which was a huge draw for me. I play the MP almost daily and would argue that it's the best shooter on the market at the moment. It's as close as we'll ever get to a Vanquish sequel.

Vanquish is definitely my favorite PlatinumGames title, but Nier Automata might edge it out.

Brainamp posted:

I wish Bayonetta 2 had come out on any other system besides the wii u. Also W101.
Likewise. I bought both of them and was planning on getting a Wii U, but never got around to it. Hopefully they get Switch ports, since it's pretty likely that I'll be getting that system.

ETURNA fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jan 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Yoko Taro's working on a smartphone game for Square.

http://sinoalice.jp/

Check the trailer out. This looks like it's Drakengard/Nier related.