Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Canadian whiskey is great for mixing and very reasonably priced. Black Velvet Reserve is one of the best bottles you can score for <$15.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010

DisgracelandUSA posted:

And remember that old crow is only considered whisky over grain neutral spirits by a 2% margin.

Old Crow is straight bourbon so it's 100% legit bourbon. Crappy, but legit.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

i have some george dickel #12 and I think it's pretty good even though I've had it like 2 years and it's still half full

NiffStipples
Jun 3, 2011
I enjoyed Old Crow. 4 Roses is pretty good too.

wetdela
Oct 13, 2012

I CAME BACK AFTER 2 YEARS OF SILENCE SO I COULD AGGRO POST IN THE UKRAINE-RUSSIA THREAD.

Gotta be. But its gotten harder to find around here and I don't know if you can get it for 25-30 like you used to be able to.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Splurged this week on crown honey. But I'm about to switch to Ezra Brooks because I miss the potency and flavor. That 90 proof is hard to deny.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

nurabsal posted:

Gotta be. But its gotten harder to find around here and I don't know if you can get it for 25-30 like you used to be able to.

I used to get it for $23 like two years ago before it blew up. You can get it around here for $25 or so.

But I bought a bottle of Kirkland Signature. At $30, it comes out about the same price per ml as a $25 Buffalo Trace. I would drink Buffalo Trace all day over this. It's not as good as I thought it was that time I had it when I was drunk. Its made in Tennessee, so it has kind of a Jack Daniels aftertaste.

By the way, go to Kentucky. Go tour Buffalo Trace Distillery. It is the best tour, of anything, that I have ever been on.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

FogHelmut posted:

By the way, go to Kentucky. Go tour Buffalo Trace Distillery. It is the best tour, of anything, that I have ever been on.

Why stop there? Visit them all, it's like Pokemon for drunks or something: http://kybourbontrail.com/

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
gettin drunk loving owns IT loving OWNS GUYS!!!, also how bout them boiler makers, best of both worlds amiright dudes

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
also im tanked on rum and feel like im cheating on whiskey, im a horrible person :cripes:

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Drinking an Evan Williams old fashioned with a big, wide bit of orange zest and the world can suck it. Mellow time.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Chief McHeath posted:

Why stop there? Visit them all, it's like Pokemon for drunks or something: http://kybourbontrail.com/

Because I did that and Buffalo Trace was the best and the rest are dumb as hell in comparison. Although I did learn that the expensive Four Roses is good as hell while the cheap one is poo poo.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

NiffStipples posted:

I enjoyed Old Crow. 4 Roses is pretty good too.

Tried 4 roses the other day on a friends advice. Wasn't TERRIBLE, but wasn't amazing either. A solid B to B- I'd say. I had a drink for free, how much does a bottle run?

Ren and Stimpire
Oct 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
If you can find it, Vat 69 (blend scotch) is cheap as gently caress but really good.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
Why would you drink cheap whiskey when there's even cheaper vodka that gives you the spins the next morning?

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

a dog from hell posted:

Why would you drink cheap whiskey when there's even cheaper vodka that gives you the spins the next morning?

:frogout:

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Marshall Louis posted:

If you can find it, Vat 69 (blend scotch) is cheap as gently caress but really good.

Yeah ok Captain Nixon.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

a dog from hell posted:

Because some of us are too old to squat with our heels still on the ground, so look silly drinking it.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
Pfff. Cheap whiskey. I only buy expensive bottles of paint thinner that I have created an elaborate ritual around drinking while looking down my nose at plebs. "This tastes so good!" I will say, and everyone will believe it because the bottle cost $200.00. Even I will believe it. Mmmmmm.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

RedMage129 posted:

Pfff. Cheap whiskey. I only buy expensive bottles of paint thinner that I have created an elaborate ritual around drinking while looking down my nose at plebs. "This tastes so good!" I will say, and everyone will believe it because the bottle cost $200.00. Even I will believe it. Mmmmmm.
So you enjoy high end vodka then?

Ren and Stimpire
Oct 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Jastiger posted:

Yeah ok Captain Nixon.

Yup, that's why I tried it...but it's really decent, especially for the price.

Mukulu
Jul 14, 2006

Stop. Drop. Shut 'em down open up shop.
I've been drinking Old Overholt for 10 years straight and I'm still not sure. Was he real?

NiffStipples
Jun 3, 2011

Jastiger posted:

Tried 4 roses the other day on a friends advice. Wasn't TERRIBLE, but wasn't amazing either. A solid B to B- I'd say. I had a drink for free, how much does a bottle run?

Price was around $17 iirc for my city. Pretty okay stuff, but tbh I'd rather have Old Crow Reserve. I probably just have weird taste buds.

Drinking Old Crow Reserve makes going back to Evan Williams taste like sugar water.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Marshall Louis posted:

lmao

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
high west double rye

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I am going to drink Evan Williams dry before this election is over.

Thelonious
Jul 16, 2005

Under $30 Evan Williams single barrel.

Under $15 Ezra Brooks.

Under $10 Old Crow.

I'm an alcoholic.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

My sense of smell is extremely poor, so I'm a bigger fan of cheap whiskey than I am more classy and expensive brands. Kentucky Gentleman and Evan Williams are my two favorites. Jim Beam is incredibly bland tasting so it's pretty great to shoot.

McPhearson
Aug 4, 2007

Hot Damn!

I got a bottle of the $15 Trader Joe's Bourbon the other day and while it's not something I would drink neat, I've made pretty delicious Old Fashioneds, Sours, and Boulevardiers.

Stentorian Hoot
Jun 14, 2001

Couldn't get it up...
Why hasn't anyone mentioned tully yet?

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'm drinking some Wild Turkey 101 and idgaf if anyone disagrees

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

The 101 is the only WT worth drinking. If you think otherwise you are a lesser person.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

101 owns but gently caress you, I'm finishing the last of this here bottle of Evan Williams.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Evan Williams is wonderful

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

George Dickel Rye :tipshat:

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
I was going to drink only half a fifth of Evan tonight but then my family started up a politics conversation and now I wish I had a loving handle.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

FogHelmut posted:

Because I did that and Buffalo Trace was the best and the rest are dumb as hell in comparison. Although I did learn that the expensive Four Roses is good as hell while the cheap one is poo poo.

I am going on the tour next week and trace is on the list of stops. Went on it before last year to. Most of the distillies were eh but the willet tour was amazing. Small time and not as big as buffalo is, but their operation and them just being proud for making stuff people like was great.

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Sep 14, 2016

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
ten high if you can find it

all they need is a fancy new CTO to bring them into the 20th century and they could be selling their delicious brown manna for twice the price

Utterly Irrelephant
Sep 6, 2007
ive got a rocket in my pocket
Evan Williams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Slow & Low.

• Locked thread