Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Nooner posted:

a couple weeks ago Ralph's had handles of Canadian Club for $10, talk about deal of the loving century

bet you got in some good fights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
People that recommend Old Crow are totally trolling and if you buy it, you're taking advice from very mean people who want you to drink Kerosene

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

bet you got in some good fights

Im a lover not a fighter. Except online, I like to say mean things to people online because its fun and im a cyber badboi :twisted:

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Ezra Brooks. That's about the cheapest you can go and still have something palatable when drinking neat.

Falun Bong Refugee fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Apr 21, 2016

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Nooner posted:

Im a lover not a fighter. Except online, I like to say mean things to people online because its fun and im a cyber badboi :twisted:

I don't see the point in buying whiskey unless there is going to be blood and teeth in the streets

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Bruce Kison posted:

Four Roses is cheap?

15 bux for a 750. So not bottom shelf, but less expensive than Weller's and most cheap bourbons/ryes.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I don't see the point in buying whiskey unless there is going to be blood and teeth in the streets

I'm American not Irish

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Nooner posted:

I'm American not Irish

So am I. Thats why I stopped drinking whiskey

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Canadian Blended Whiskeys are shite mate and I'll drink just about anything. Hell, I'll drink a Canadian Blended Whiskey too but I'd prefer anything else

grellgraxer
Nov 28, 2002

"I didn't fight a secret war in Nicaragua so you can walk these streets of freedom bad mouthing lady America, in your damn mirrored su
Colonel's Pride. The bottle is even made of glass.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I've always liked Evan Williams. It's at the sweet spot where it's good enough to drink straight, but also cheap enough that I don't mind mixing it with something.

Actually, it's hardly more expensive than the cheap crap where mixing is mandatory.

OctoberBlues posted:

Ah here it is

The color of that is... off. Whiskey shouldn't be grapefruit-colored.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
the answer is Evan Williams

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

None of you idiots have heard of Canidain Club?

:respek:

i like a nice tall glass of half cc / half water and to pretend i,m drinking sewage

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

i never understood mixing hard alcohol with water. it's like "yeah i'm too big a pussy to drink it straight but not a big enough of a pussy to actually make it taste good by adding sugary things"

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Profondo Rosso posted:

i never understood mixing hard alcohol with water. it's like "yeah i'm too big a pussy to drink it straight but not a big enough of a pussy to actually make it taste good by adding sugary things"

whiskey and water is pretty good, add a lime to it also and thats a drat good drink

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
It's either Ezra Brooks or Evan Williams. Basically whichever of the two is on sale at the moment so right now Ezra Brooks

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Used to be Elijah Craig but it's not so cheap any more so probably Evan Williams

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Chinatown posted:

the answer is Evan Williams

Ok, gonna pick up a bottle and will report back.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Profondo Rosso posted:

Lots of more flavorful hard liquors you can't really taste if you drink them at a speed that keeps the alcohol from getting obnoxious. Generally a little water makes this possible. In the case where making it cold also makes it harder to taste the booze there is another option other than ice.

In general most cocktails are around 20-10% alcohol by the time they're done. This is pretty much optimal. There's nothing wrong with mixing down the ABV.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

VendaGoat posted:

Ok, gonna pick up a bottle and will report back.

evan williams does this real cool thing where it only costs like $10 and tastes good and then you dont think about bad things in life anymore and everything is good again for like 8 hours until you sober up 9/10 would recommend

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

drat horror queefs posted:

:respek:

i like a nice tall glass of half cc / half water and to pretend i,m drinking sewage

set my lawn of fire more than once when drinking Candaian Club

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

set my lawn of fire more than once when drinking Candaian Club

Yah, and my mother used to drink Southern Comfort and read the bible.

That was a great combination, let me tell you.

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
As long as it's not Canadian whiskey, it can't be that bad

For real though, W L Weller or Old Overholt

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Sheep-Goats posted:

Lots of more flavorful hard liquors you can't really taste if you drink them at a speed that keeps the alcohol from getting obnoxious. Generally a little water makes this possible. In the case where making it cold also makes it harder to taste the booze there is another option other than ice.

In general most cocktails are around 20-10% alcohol by the time they're done. This is pretty much optimal. There's nothing wrong with mixing down the ABV.

Yeah, I used to really like good scotch (when I could afford it) and that's something you add water too, so you can appreciate all the flavors without having it all replaced by the taste and burn of alcohol. It only takes a splash, really.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

VendaGoat posted:

Yah, and my mother used to drink Southern Comfort and read the bible.

That was a great combination, let me tell you.

thank god for the hose

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
You gotta buy in bulk if you want a good deal.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

The color of that is... off. Whiskey shouldn't be grapefruit-colored.
They add caramel colouring to basically all whiskeys, so I've become very forgiving of a whisky's colour.

Zeno-25 posted:

As long as it's not Canadian whiskey, it can't be that bad
There's some good Canadian Whiskies but man CC is boring as hell and I don't know why Crown Royal is so popular in the south.

I think this is the part of the thread where we just start posting lists and bombast each other's preferences.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice
I like Old Grand Dad. I like Knob Creek best for good whiskey but it makes me mean. I once chased a guy around my yard with an ornamental katana over a perceived cockblocking. He had to climb a tree to get away until my roommate could talk me down. I dont drink knob creek anymore.

drunk dog
Apr 6, 2014

Resident Millennial
goddamnit I hate you nooner

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Dunno if it's "cheap" but I usually think Buffalo Trace is a good drink for the dollar.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Sticky posted:

Evan Williams Bottled in Bond

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
all whiskey is the same and only tryhards drink it

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Bagarthach posted:

You gotta buy in bulk if you want a good deal.

I only went blind once after drinking this so pretty good deal imho

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Robo Reagan posted:

I don't try hard at anything and cheap whiskey is pretty much all I drink

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Robo Reagan posted:

Oh wow, the easiest ignore button I ever did have to push.

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
Evan Williams, but brandy is better bang for your 40 proof buck and doesn't have enough acid to melt steel beams in jets.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Nooner posted:

evan williams does this real cool thing where it only costs like $10 and tastes good and then you dont think about bad things in life anymore and everything is good again for like 8 hours until you sober up 9/10 would recommend

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

wide stance posted:

Evan Williams, but brandy is better bang for your 40 proof buck and doesn't have enough acid to melt steel beams in jets.

I think your liquor store is ripping you off dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

VendaGoat posted:

Oh wow, the easiest ignore button I ever did have to push.

I thought you were better than the ignore button.

• Locked thread