Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

The Casualty posted:

The homing dynamite in Red Dead Redemption:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZATBDToJys

I don't remember the specifics of how to do it, but my friends and I used to play a ton of Jet Force Gemini MP on N64 and we figured out how to throw cluster grenades at a homing missile in just the right way to get them to clip into the missile and stick. We eventually had to agree to ban it because it just turned into homing cluster missile wars all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Astrobastard posted:

In Adidas Power Soccer on the Playstation 1 if you ran horizontally from the centre and hit the Long Pass button on the 2nd grass "line" after the outside of the centre circle, the ball would always go in just under the crossbar and juuuust above the goalie. This ruined the game for my brother and I when we were having 10 minute games with 50 goals

I remember something similar in Fifa '94 on the Mega Drive, I can't recall the specifics but there was a place (I think it was just outside the box) where the right shot would beat the goalie 100% of the time.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Toadstrieb posted:

It may or may not be broken poo poo, since it doesn't involve an actual glitch, but there's a spell in Dark Souls 1 that makes you basically invincible for 15 seconds, and that has 4 casts. As a pyromancer in Havel's armor, you can basically kill any boss standing stock still.

I was and am terrible at DS, beat it this way, and hate myself for it.

You mean Iron Flesh, right? You might appreciate this video. For anyone who's confused, yes, the spell forces you to walk that slowly.

Toadstrieb
Apr 15, 2011

Lizard Wizard posted:

You mean Iron Flesh, right? You might appreciate this video. For anyone who's confused, yes, the spell forces you to walk that slowly.

I never PVP'd with it, but I can see how it's basically a troll's delight. It's long since patched out, but I didn't patch intentionally just so I could keep it, lol. Game breaking in single player for sure.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

Mister Adequate posted:

I remember something similar in Fifa '94 on the Mega Drive, I can't recall the specifics but there was a place (I think it was just outside the box) where the right shot would beat the goalie 100% of the time.

Haven't most the of the recent FIFA's had that too. Getting near the goalie and doing a quick pass to a nearby player who then slips it by.
Or almost identical to what you said there was a point just outside the box in one of the recent ones which defeated the goalie almost all the time.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Speaking of Elder Scrolls, in Skyrim, you can use alchemy to make fortify enchanting potions. You can use enchanting to make fortify alchemy gear. The two effects are internally coded as restoration magic, so both can be buffed by fortify restoration potions, so you can make better potions by making potions and make better equipment for making better potions and so on and so on and so on.

Without any buffs Fortify Enchanting potions don't get much past +20%. With these effects stacking on top of each other?

You can make gear that gives millions of HP (in a game where 500 is impossibly high) and millions of damage (where 200 is enough to cleave through most stuff like butter). You can also buff your other skills and become the godking of pickpocketing or lockpicking. It can easily get out of control and roll over into impossibly impotent potions that will tank your stats by similar amounts.

The Alchemy skill levels up by the money value of the potion made, and making one 48 million-gold potion will instantly max out the skill. Speech levels up by monetary values bought and sold. This potion when sold (even though vendors will never have more than a few thousand gold at best) will instantly max out the speech skill.

Also note that the smithing skill can be used to improve your armor by a crazy amount using this exploit. And that there's a heavy armor perk that gives your unarmed attack bonus damage equal to your gauntlet defense. :getin: In fact, smithing is so crazy easy to level, you can just buy a giant pile of scrap metal, level up to full, get daedric recipes, make super-gauntlets and punch the world to death pretty much right at the start of the game. All enemies will be scaled to your level, which will be pretty low, if you just put points in smithing/heavy armor.

Bethesda has always been terrible at balance.

Morrowind stat breaking was the best, because weapon durability loss was tied to how much damage you dealt, so maxing out strength means you only get one hit per weapon before it crumbles to dust.

Gitro posted:

In Oblivion you can become permanently invisible with a decent Illusion skill.

It was even easier than that, if you got into the mages' guild. There's a 'chameleon' effect that some armor/spells have that makes you harder to detect, but not (usually) 100% invisible . The upside to this versus invisibility is that is doesn't vanish when you attack/interact with stuff. But once you can enchant stuff, you can just make 5 different pieces of armor with 20% chameleon each on them, and now you are permanently 100% invisible forever, with no magicka cost. You don't even need skill points in anything at all to do this, you just need soul gems, armor, and enough money to enchant stuff.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Internet Kraken posted:

Demon's Souls is an extremely brutal and challenging game; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UQtBMKCipk

Thank you. I was looking for this video.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

NHL 07 had something like that if you took a shot at the top right corner right as you passed the blue line.

It made it really easy to get great goalies in the dynasty mode, since you could absolutely tank their stats for the season.

Pretty sure one timers were hilariously broken and would almost always go in

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

EX250 Type R posted:

Pretty sure one timers were hilariously broken and would almost always go in

Still hasn't changed since '94, huh?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Maximum Tomfoolery posted:

It was even easier than that, if you got into the mages' guild. There's a 'chameleon' effect that some armor/spells have that makes you harder to detect, but not (usually) 100% invisible . The upside to this versus invisibility is that is doesn't vanish when you attack/interact with stuff. But once you can enchant stuff, you can just make 5 different pieces of armor with 20% chameleon each on them, and now you are permanently 100% invisible forever, with no magicka cost. You don't even need skill points in anything at all to do this, you just need soul gems, armor, and enough money to enchant stuff.

It also completely hosed with the game's AI since even things that were 100% programmed to find you got lost and confused about half the time, like the city guards. Sometimes they'd try to arrest you and you could just say no, and they'd just wander around. Other times they'd come rushing towards you and just stop, staring at space because their AI just did not know what the gently caress.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
In Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness and the sequel Sunshine Islands, an accessory called the Friendship Pendant was available. It had three tiers, and when equipped into one of your four active inventory slots would provide extra friendship or love points with various villagers. If you stacked three of the highest level onto yourself and then gifted a villager with something they liked, they'd bounce up a couple of hearts with you. If they were a marriage candidate, this would usually be enough to get you their first heart event. If you activated it with four of the highest pendants? You'd be immediately bumped up to full hearts. So much for wasting time on wooing people!

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Tracula posted:

Thank you. I was looking for this video.

As someone who's never played any of these games, what exactly is happening? Is it like a combo of speed-up items and a shield bash that's too quick for most enemies to react to?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Aesop Poprock posted:

As someone who's never played any of these games, what exactly is happening? Is it like a combo of speed-up items and a shield bash that's too quick for most enemies to react to?

You have a shove that can knock things back, knock shields away etc. With the caestus this becomes a headbutt instead. When you enchant the caestus due to a glitch the headbutt now does damage on top of ridiculous staggering.

But due to the helmet you can just say he's pecking them to death with his beak.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Digirat posted:

You have a shove that can knock things back, knock shields away etc. With the caestus this becomes a headbutt instead. When you enchant the caestus due to a glitch the headbutt now does damage on top of ridiculous staggering.

But due to the helmet you can just say he's pecking them to death with his beak.

To elaborate on staggering, part of it too is that in Demons Souls there wasn't a poise stat. Poise is basically how easy you are to stunlock and subsequent games had it as a thing, heavier armor made you harder to stunlock basically. So doing the glitchy headbash let you combo anything you could stun (usually something humanoid about your size) to death easily.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Bravely Second has the Spellcrafting skill, which (in combination with a few other skills), absolutely breaks the difficulty over your knee.

For every few levels a character has in the Wizard class, they get a new spellcraft. One of the last of these is Rain, which causes your spells to hit things 4 times, in exchange for randomly targeting who it'll hit, along with each of the hits being weaker than if you'd cast it as normal. However, the Time Mage job has Meteor, a spell that also does that. Ordinarily, Meteor is a really overpriced piece of crap. With Rain and a decent amount of Int, though? You've got 4 hits of 9999 damage per cast, which is easily enough to take off most of the HP of nearly every boss in the game.

And you can make it even stronger. One of the last jobs you can unlock has an ability that increases the maximum level for all jobs by one. Most of these "true" final abilities are irrelevant or sidegrades, but Red Mage's causes your spells to be cast twice. So, now you're effectively casting 16 max-damage spells every single turn if you've also got the character set up correctly.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Tracula posted:

To elaborate on staggering, part of it too is that in Demons Souls there wasn't a poise stat. Poise is basically how easy you are to stunlock and subsequent games had it as a thing, heavier armor made you harder to stunlock basically. So doing the glitchy headbash let you combo anything you could stun (usually something humanoid about your size) to death easily.

Poise its self was a broken thing in dark souls since it used to just operate on the cumulative poise stat. So you got people focusing their build around min/maxing their poise and still fast rolling so they could basically just tank any hit in PVP and just keep on trucking. From did not think this was very good design and changed it so poise was calculated based on where you were hit in 2. So if someone used a thrust attack to hit you only in the torso, only your torso armor was calculated against the attack, however if someone used a smashing weapon like a club they'd likely hit every piece of armor and get the full poise value. In 3, however, poise has much less of an effect in combat and you can't upgrade armor either so people are, of course, throwing huge pvp fits that they can't just throw on the heaviest set of armor in the game and walk through every attack.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Nuebot posted:

Poise its self was a broken thing in dark souls since it used to just operate on the cumulative poise stat. So you got people focusing their build around min/maxing their poise and still fast rolling so they could basically just tank any hit in PVP and just keep on trucking. From did not think this was very good design and changed it so poise was calculated based on where you were hit in 2. So if someone used a thrust attack to hit you only in the torso, only your torso armor was calculated against the attack, however if someone used a smashing weapon like a club they'd likely hit every piece of armor and get the full poise value. In 3, however, poise has much less of an effect in combat and you can't upgrade armor either so people are, of course, throwing huge pvp fits that they can't just throw on the heaviest set of armor in the game and walk through every attack.

Looks like the legend died after all.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Nuebot posted:

It also completely hosed with the game's AI since even things that were 100% programmed to find you got lost and confused about half the time, like the city guards. Sometimes they'd try to arrest you and you could just say no, and they'd just wander around. Other times they'd come rushing towards you and just stop, staring at space because their AI just did not know what the gently caress.

After almost a hundred hours of Oblivion I found out about this and did the grind to get the enchantment and get all the gear for full chameleon. After another hour of playing like that I never touched the game again.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Chinaman7000 posted:

After almost a hundred hours of Oblivion I found out about this and did the grind to get the enchantment and get all the gear for full chameleon. After another hour of playing like that I never touched the game again.

The only reason I beat Oblivion is spellcrafting. I made a spell 100% vuln to all types, did all types, and just went from touch to ranged as I levelled.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I gave up on Oblivion when I failed to make an avatar who didn't look like a potato.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Nuebot posted:

Did you get this from fextralife

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

The Casualty posted:

The homing dynamite in Red Dead Redemption:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZATBDToJys

Oh man, this poo poo was hilarious especially in multiplayer with homing dynamite and knives. They'd curve around mid-air like boomerangs, I'd laugh my rear end off every single time.

It's a drat shame Rockstar never ported RDR to PC. :(

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Vanilla World of Warcraft had more than its fair share of bonkers PvP items. It had so many, in fact, that PvP skirmishes would often be decided not by the class matchup or who had all their cooldowns, but rather based on who had a deeper bag of bullshit tricks to draw upon. Many, like Iron Grandes, the X-52 Rocket Helmet, Whipper Root Tubers and the infamous Tidal Charm are remembered fondly by anyone who played back in those days. However, there are two in particular that were simultaneously the least talked about and the most broken things imaginable.

Jungle Remedy: Once upon a time, this unassuming little quest item used to grant complete poison immunity for a sixty seconds. As it so happens, WoW has one class, called the Rogue, which depends quite a bit on poisons to do basically anything. A single use of this item rendered you safe from every poison effect the Rogue had, and also made you immune to their signage CC ability, Blind. For a full minute. It made any fight with a Rogue hilariously one-sided and was easily farmable to boot. For more than a year it sat unchanged, until the upcoming 1.9 patch and the introduction of PvE content with poison focused raid encounters made nerfing it a necessity.

Magic Dust: So, there was a point in WoWs history when crowd control was limited by at least two of the following: a cooldown, a cast time, breaking on damage, or a very short duration. For example, a Mage's Polymorph could be spammed, but it had a cast time and broke on damage while, in contrast, the Paladin's Hammer of Justice had a short duration with a long cooldown. Instant speed control was extremely rare, and usually only lasted for a couple of seconds to limit its power. The designers had rightly noted that any ability which caused players to lose control of their character had to be tightly reigned in, to the point that whole classes got balanced around how they interacted with control mechanics. Overall, good CC was so potent and so hard to come by that any item which provided it, like the aforementioned Rocket Helmet and Tidal Charm, was often worth using even if it meant giving up a crucial gear slot to an item with no useful stats.

And then there was Magic Dust.

Magic Dust did not require a gear slot; it happily chilled out in your regular bag. It did not care what class you were. It was instant speed, and it lasted for a full thirty seconds. It did break on damage and had a moderate cooldown, but that hardly mattered. Magic Dust broke almost every basic rule to what made a CC power balanced at the time. The only real limiting factor was that farming the stuff was slightly arduous, but that aside, having a stack in your backpack meant that you could upend any PvP encounter at the push of a button. You could recover or escape from any ambush, turn any losing fight into a lopsided win. And the stuff was around forever. Though all of Vanilla and TBC it persisted, and it wasn't until patch 3.2, well into WotLK, that it was finally snuffed out. To this day, I do not understand how so few people knew about it, and how there wasn't a constant clamor for it to be nerfed.

Skippy McPants has a new favorite as of 10:37 on Apr 25, 2016

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Maximum Tomfoolery posted:

Also note that the smithing skill can be used to improve your armor by a crazy amount using this exploit. And that there's a heavy armor perk that gives your unarmed attack bonus damage equal to your gauntlet defense. :getin: In fact, smithing is so crazy easy to level, you can just buy a giant pile of scrap metal, level up to full, get daedric recipes, make super-gauntlets and punch the world to death pretty much right at the start of the game. All enemies will be scaled to your level, which will be pretty low, if you just put points in smithing/heavy armor.

Bethesda has always been terrible at balance.
They did end up nerfing that at some point. It used to be you could just load up on iron and leather strips and go iron dagger iron dagger iron dagger WHOOPS DAEDRIC DAGGER but now it actually scales to the value of the item, which of course just means that now you can just forge jewelry and get rich as gently caress in addition to leveling smithing super fast.

quote:

You actually did need to know a chameleon spell in order to enchant equipment with it, IIRC, which meant you needed 50 in illusion magic. That was trivially easy to get, of course, but still. 100% chameleon was so hilariously busted, you could sit there sneak attacking enemies in the face and they would pull out their swords and scream "WHAT WAS THAT" and then sheathe it immediately and say "must be seeing things" while you continued to bury a knife in their eyeballs.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Super Robot Wars Original Generation is a strategy RPG about giant robots. As such one of the features of the game is that you can swap pilots into different robots. In the second game in the series there's a hidden unit known as the Wild Wurger L. It's identical more-or-less to another unit you get just red. The most noteworthy thing about it is that it proves a strong melee-focused unit for pilots who specialize in that but don't have their own unit. However it does have one little trick. It has a built-in unique weapon called the Stun Shot which, if it hits, prevents the enemy from moving or acting for the rest of the turn. Since SRW focuses on enemies countering your own attacks and so-on that can be a big advantage. However most bosses have innate special abilities which nullify moves like that for obvious reasons.

Except the pilots in the game have special abilities called spells which they can cast to buff themselves for a turn. One of these, called Fury in the translated version, says that it allows the character to pierce barriers. This normally means defensive shields and barriers that block attacks. In this case it also applies to status effect barriers. So if you use Fury and then use Stun Shot you can stun any enemy in the game. Including incredibly powerful bosses.You need to replenish ammo every turn to do this but if you do you have a boss who can never act or fight back.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well poo poo. I've beaten OG2 3 or 4 times and didn't know about that.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Digirat posted:

In deus ex, grenade jumping doesn't involve using a grenade explosion to launch yourself, but rather jumping on top of the grenade itself and using it as a platform.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6I0IHYiWYo

You can see it done at 36:25, as well as many other places. There's a double grenade jump in here somewhere and it's amazing but I can't find it right now.

There's a similar technique in Starsiege: Tribes, players could discjump (rocketjump) their own grenades in mid-air for an insane speed boost in a game where jetpacks are the primary mode of transport.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3IlLAK0B6g&t=351s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3IlLAK0B6g&t=367s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3IlLAK0B6g&t=466s

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
I just discovered some things about Oblivion:

1. NPCs you attack that decide to flee will go to the nearest guard.
2. If an NPC you attack can't find you, it will decide to flee.
3. The above two facts apply to guards.

Therefore, when the guards witnessed the might of my 100% Chameleon outfit, they decided it would be a good idea to find a partner and start dancing.

BuddyChrist
Apr 29, 2008
FFVIII was a game that was fairly universally derided. The magic junction system doesn't make a whole lot of sense, and the story (especially late game) was atrocious.

The junction system worked like this: You collect magic by drawing spells from the enemy (draw command pulls a few uses of a spell from an enemy) until you are full (99), then you pair that spell with a stat to increase that stat. Use of the spells will just weaken your stats. Enemies level with you (and their magic gets better) but there is almost no increase in your stats from leveling.

So I found a FAQ that outlined a strategy, it went like this: Don't gain a single level for the first half of the game. It's actually easier then it sounds. Almost every battle can be run from and boss battles don't actually give experience. Late in the game you get abilites that give you bonuses to stats when you level so if you wait to level until this point you can maximize your stats.

Early on in the game you get another character who leaves your party at the end of the opening. You take this time to kill off your normal characters, then you level this extra guy until he's able to get high level magic from the enemies, then draw magic and transfer it to the dead guys to give them high level stats. This was how you're able to do well for about half the game until you get Bahamut (I think) and can then start buffing stats.

It took a game that I probably would have gotten bored with and made it into something I enjoyed.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
You could also have skipped all that with the Card ability, which would turn enemies into Cards for the card game from hell. Carded enemies gave no experience either. This could be coupled with another ability that let you refine items and cards into spell uses, many of them super strong early on. You could pretty quickly get a bunch of a high-level healing spell, junction that to HP which would shoot your low level morons to 3k health or so, and simply shrug off anything the game threw at you for most of the first three discs.

FFVIII was a game about running up to people and saying "Hey...wanna play cards?" that had some other stupid poo poo with magic and memory loss going on in the background. :v:

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
The best thing in Tribes was mortar pong, which involved firing mortars into each other to impart a massive speed boost to them. With practice, we discovered that on some maps we could shell the enemy base from ours.

Where are people even getting enough crafting mats to level smithing at low levels in Skyrim? I'm always short until level 10 or so.

Toadstrieb
Apr 15, 2011

This music is full Hawaiian shirt and dad shades. Good link.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
In Halo 1 it was possible to jump down the first bridge on 5th level Assault on the Control Room. Doing so would skip a loading barrier, and the game would just stop loading enemies or health/ammo pickups. But vehicles would still load though.

So after the fight on the bridge, the entire level was a ghost town that you can drive/fly through.

It's also possible to kill the Master Chief in cutscenes in Halo 1, the cutscene still plays and the voice acting is still there, but there's no Master Chief in the cutscene.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Instant Sunrise posted:

In Halo 1 it was possible to jump down the first bridge on 5th level Assault on the Control Room. Doing so would skip a loading barrier, and the game would just stop loading enemies or health/ammo pickups. But vehicles would still load though.

So after the fight on the bridge, the entire level was a ghost town that you can drive/fly through.

It's also possible to kill the Master Chief in cutscenes in Halo 1, the cutscene still plays and the voice acting is still there, but there's no Master Chief in the cutscene.

I believe the reverse version of that mission, two betrayals, had a similar exploit. At some point you ran into an elite running to a banshee (a flying vehicle). If you were fast enough you could kill the elite, steal his banshee, and just fly to the exit. Skipping 25% of the level

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Ugly In The Morning posted:

NHL 07 had something like that if you took a shot at the top right corner right as you passed the blue line.

It made it really easy to get great goalies in the dynasty mode, since you could absolutely tank their stats for the season.

Even NHL 14 has abusive goals. Take any player over the blue line somewhere near the middle, listing towards their strong hand. Push the right stick in that direction as well to hold the puck as far out as possible. When you've listed past the two defenders, shoot opposite top corner. For some reason the goalie can't parse that you're juking one direction and shooting to the opposite and will miss the puck every single time.

It's kind of sad because the rest of the game is great but I just can't help myself if I'm down by 2 goals and need to get back in the game within a minute.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Up until like 2008 the goalie AI didn't trigger on shots taken while he was off screen.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Pope Guilty posted:

The best thing in Tribes was mortar pong, which involved firing mortars into each other to impart a massive speed boost to them. With practice, we discovered that on some maps we could shell the enemy base from ours.

Where are people even getting enough crafting mats to level smithing at low levels in Skyrim? I'm always short until level 10 or so.

There's a mine full of iron ore near Whiterun that also has a spell to transmute into silver and gold ore, which boosts your Smithing quickly. There are also iron deposits all around Whiterun, close to the walls. If you've got the balls for it, there's also a giant's camp nearby. Both giants will be carrying skins which you can turn into leather, but you need to be able to kill them for it. Otherwise it's just a case of wandering around near Whiterun until you've slaughtered all of the deer, wolves and sabre cats for their skins.
If you have SPERG, you can also steal cast iron pots, tankards, silverware and clothes irons to smelt down into iron and silver.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

The old SNES Mode 7 horror hockey game Stanley Cup had an easy way to score: Just get the puck and head towards the other team's net head on. Around the blue line just do the shot that flicks it up in the air and the other team's goalie will motor out of his net and the puck will soar overhead into an empty net.

Here's a lovely phonecam video of it in action.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

The transmute spell in Skyrim turns all silver ore into gold ore then all iron ore into silver ore, so that coupled with the approximately 1 zillion gemstones youve collected allow you to smith expensive jewelry. Playing like a normal person you dont want to break your armor or weapons too early so smithing 100 using the jewelry technique should be a thing around level 40. Otherwise you need to cheat materials in using the co sole and you may as well just level everything up using the console if you go that route.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

theshim posted:

You actually did need to know a chameleon spell in order to enchant equipment with it, IIRC, which meant you needed 50 in illusion magic. That was trivially easy to get, of course, but still. 100% chameleon was so hilariously busted, you could sit there sneak attacking enemies in the face and they would pull out their swords and scream "WHAT WAS THAT" and then sheathe it immediately and say "must be seeing things" while you continued to bury a knife in their eyeballs.

Or you could get it from your first sigil stone and use the very easy dupe bug to have infinite 35% chameleon sigil stones.

• Locked thread