Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I am the social media guy. I sit in an office and you are not certain what I do. Sometimes I speak, enthusiastically, at meetings, about Twitter. There is no light in my eyes. There is no life in my eyes. I am the social media guy. I am 25. I look 35. I am tired. So tired. I am the social media guy. I know my job is fake. You know my job is fake. My bosses know my job is fake. Why don't they fire me? Why am I here? Nothing I do is quantifiable. It is superstition. I am the social media guy. A totem, an offering to new media by desperate men. My purpose is abstract. You never see me do anything. I am always on my phone. Is it my job? I am the social media guy. One day, I will be gone. Nothing will change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

*tweets twice daily*

*works 20 hours a week*

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

[real sarcastically] journalism degree

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

You said the word "slack" to me and I broke down. Sobbing, tears and mucous running down my face. I'm sorry about that. I'm sorry about a lot of things. You asked, once, if I had Facebook. I said I "didn't do" social media at home. You wonder what I know. You wonder if you should know it. You're happy. I envy that.

• Locked thread