Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Woohoo, I just bagged my second mastermind (although maybe the first doesn't count as I got that on the easiest difficulty, to ease myself into the game). I am not a very good secret agent, though, and frequently go after the wrong people. I almost botched my last case because I was expecting the Thief to steal some blueprints early on, but it turns out that was the Researcher's job...

[edit]I also flubbed an arrest once by walking into a building, getting confused over the controls and firing a shot into a wall, then accidentaly leaving instead of turning around to close the exterior door. My target went into hiding before I could break in a second time :downsgun:

While I'm here, a couple more questions - floor safes are obviously awesome, but is there a hard and fast ranking as to which containers are better than others? And does crouching avoid/mitigate stun grenade effects? I swear I see this happening in some of the LP videos.

Crazy Achmed fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Sep 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Crazy Achmed posted:

While I'm here, a couple more questions - floor safes are obviously awesome, but is there a hard and fast ranking as to which containers are better than others? And does crouching avoid/mitigate stun grenade effects? I swear I see this happening in some of the LP videos.

Crouching does indeed help mitigate stun grenades, even if you're not crouching behind something.

As for containers, floor safes are the best but give an entirely different class of clue. Beyond that, based purely on my own anecdotal observations, wall safes and toilets are tied for best (note that you need the safecracking kit to open wall safes as well as floor safes), followed by file cabinets, followed by desks.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

The Other, Other Case of the Veteran's Day Parade featuring TheLastRoboKy

I'm glad people don't mind hour-long episodes because TheLastRoboKy is a catalyst for my failure.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 16 minutes!
There was actually an organisation called Direct Action (Action directe) in real life, the manual has this to say about them.

:eng101:

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Sep 28, 2016

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
Wow. When you said it'd be bad, I didn't think TheLastRoboKy would be responsible for the first jail break where they actually got away instead of just getting arrested twice. :aaa:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Roboky is a force for chaos in the world, for good or for ill

usually good, though

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
THIS IS WHAT I PUT UP WITH EVERY DAY, PEOPLE

EVERY

GODDAMN

DAY

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013
Probation
The paragraph breaks are punctuated with whiffs.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

every minute of this video gets better, because it just goes wrong and even more wrong from the first break-in :allears:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Holy poo poo. This is why we should nuke Australia

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

CirclMastr posted:

The Other, Other Case of the Veteran's Day Parade featuring TheLastRoboKy

I'm glad people don't mind hour-long episodes because TheLastRoboKy is a catalyst for my failure.

Seriously, though, have you ever had an arrest->breakout attempt happen that rapidly? because that was hilarious. And it wasn't even the funniest breakout attempt in that video.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
That was rollercoaster if an episode. Good job.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
You ain't seen nothin' yet folks.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

I'm waiting for the Chief to just hand you a plate of steaming turds as your clues one of these days.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

The Other, Other Case of the Train Station featuring TheLastRoboKy

At least I'm still stopping plots.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Just building you up before the inevitable crash, right?

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

I am such a bad secret agent. Got a plot that had an "initiated plan" and "organiser", so I head to take out the "initiated plan" first. Of course the organiser goes into hiding within the first day, while I'm still searching for the other guy.

Also I tried to stall (rather than break) a plot by nabbing an item but not the agent - I got the "item closed" message but the game acted afterwards as if I hadn't taken it. Plot progressed immediately, summary at the end claimed I never found the item. Did I hit the wrong button, or is it just not how the game works?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

It's supposed to work, but I've had it bug out once or twice in the same way myself.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

The Other Case of the Prison Visitor Pass featuring TheLastRoboKy

I am lucky to even stop plots at this point.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jesus.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
I want it on the record I warned him. I warned him this would happen.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

And let the record show I want you riding shotgun every episode now. I wanna see what other improbable shenanigans happen. Will it turn out the chief is the mastermind? Will circlmstr bounce a grenade into his own face? Will he accidentally follow the wrong person only to discover the mastermind?

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Man, I loving lost it at "Agents of S.A.C.K." :roflolmao:

Also, considering how often you find guys staring at empty wall safes recently, I wonder if there was a plan originally for the guards to be shuffling clues around the level. Like maybe that's what the empty bits were for, to house clues that were taken from elsewhere in the level by guards, but then they couldn't get the guards to drop the clues if they were carrying them and just sort of wrote it off with some containers staying empty.

Or maybe the guards are just dumb.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Felinoid posted:

Man, I loving lost it at "Agents of S.A.C.K." :roflolmao:

Also, considering how often you find guys staring at empty wall safes recently, I wonder if there was a plan originally for the guards to be shuffling clues around the level. Like maybe that's what the empty bits were for, to house clues that were taken from elsewhere in the level by guards, but then they couldn't get the guards to drop the clues if they were carrying them and just sort of wrote it off with some containers staying empty.

Or maybe the guards are just dumb.

The dudes who stare at walls aren't guards, they're rival agents in disguise. Mossad can't catch a break.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

The Other Case of the Prison Warden

TheLastRoboKy is gone, but how long will his influence linger?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

The Other, Other Case of the Prison Visitor Pass

I'm glad I put in effort because WhiskeyWhiskers didn't chime in to help.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Reading the manually is cheating.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013
Probation

CirclMastr posted:

The Other, Other Case of the Prison Visitor Pass

I'm glad I put in effort because WhiskeyWhiskers didn't chime in to help.

Teach a man to fish and he'll still be ungrateful. :colbert:

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Teach a man to fish and he'll still be ungrateful. :colbert:

"I regret everything." - CirclMastr, Superhot LP

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

The Other Case of the Helicopter Pilot featuring nine-gear crow

nine-gear crow takes a break from destroying superweapons and blaming Belka in his Ace Combat series LP to provide absolutely no help at all against non-Belka terrorists.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

CirclMastr posted:

The Other Case of the Helicopter Pilot featuring nine-gear crow

nine-gear crow takes a break from destroying superweapons and blaming Belka in his Ace Combat series LP to provide absolutely no help at all against non-Belka terrorists.

And I would just like to sincerely apologize for sounding inappropriately bored out of my mind in the back half of the video. I was incredibly tired at the time we recorded it and it went on for longer than I imagined we'd be going with it and my mind started to wander near the end.

I have shamed myself and this LP.

:nyoron:

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

The game's on sale on Steam right now for two bucks.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Shining way =shining path which is Peruvian. So, no Asians.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

bunnyofdoom posted:

Shining way =shining path which is Peruvian. So, no Asians.

Maybe they all wear chinos (military pants that were made with cloth from China at some point) and have a lot of chinos (dudes with vaguely Asian facial features, sometimes a nickname) in their membership?

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Well, I'm up to 6 masterminds now (on national, maybe I should give regional a go) and have recently discovered exactly how awesome grenades can be. Especially when you lob them a full two rooms away from where you currently are, taking out multiple guards in complete safety. Plus you know how enemy guards like to pause for a second after they open a door, before entering a new room? :getin:

Not so much when I forget that a short throw will leave me in the blast radius of a stun or frag, though.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

The Other Case of the Summit IDs

I get just the best clues this case. Thanks, Chief.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Do you think Mossad's Washington office thinks that break-ins are just part of their rent? Happening at the start of every month like they do...

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Now I have this mental image of a lone Mossad agent scribbling a conspiracy theory that the landlord is part of the CIA, and the rest of the guards telling him he's nuts and the grabby, break-in-happy landlord is just another kooky American.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

The Other, Other Case of the Helicopter Pilot

It's a lot easier for agents to go into hiding when I just plain forget to arrest them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dong Quixote
Oct 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

CirclMastr posted:

It's a lot easier for agents to go into hiding when I just plain forget to arrest them.

This is why you're never gonna make 001, Max "Goon Jr." Remington!

• Locked thread