Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
okay so i'm remembering a time when windows 98 posted that someone recognized him on the street and asked him if he was windows 98, and now i know that this random stranger approached not just a guy from a forum, but a guy from a forum whose main claim to fame is murder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord
:chloe:

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Half the mods got bought bizarre WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL avatars. That wouldn't bother me, but Windows 98 is apparently a controversial enough mod/IK choice that somebody decided to drop a few hundo on buying the mod team avatars expressing their incredible fury. The assumption that every mod knows every time Lowtax makes a controversial decision is what could lead to doxxing and real-life harassment over a situation we didn't know anything about and had no control over.

I don't think there was any doxxing, he just straight up admitted to the shovel murder.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Ghost post, coast to coast.

Could you remove the 'pretending' from his title?

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

oh, another house producer? yawn.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

You know exactly what I meant. There is plenty of precedent for mods being doxxed.

I really don't but if Windows 98 existing is causing such issues then I think I know the solution.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

yes yes but did the mods know?

Who do I PM?

Nevermind, I'll start with Ralp and take it from there. I can't wait to be a mod!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Nanomashoes posted:

I don't think there was any doxxing, he just straight up admitted to the shovel murder.

My concern is mods being held responsible, now or in the future, for a decisions we had no part in, such as voting in a self-professed murderer. and also jesus christ :psyduck:

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Hogge Wild posted:

It didn't used to be there, somebody added it because I guess it was triggering their forums autism

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Aralan posted:

I'm a posting ghost

nice to meet you :)

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

I'll make the banner ads

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

8 track betamax posted:

I'll make the banner ads

someone silenced that dog's bark!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Hogge Wild posted:

My mod powers are useless here. Also is he doing anything unGBS?

Also, wait, what's this about murder? I thought the allegation was about battery. A shovel with a battery would be pretty cool.

Where was I?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Also, wait, what's this about murder? I thought the allegation was about battery. A shovel with a battery would be pretty cool.

Where was I?
i don't even know anymore

he killed someone with his car, he ran over someone with his car, he threatened someone with a shovel, he beat someone with a shovel, he killed someone with a shovel, i've heard all of those before, so i have no idea what the real story is

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Modship is in good hands with a not at all crazy lady ranting about an avatar lol.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

symbolic posted:

he killed someone with his car, he ran over someone with his car, he threatened someone with a shovel, he beat someone with a shovel, he killed someone with a shovel, i've heard all of those before, so i have no idea what the real story is

It's almost as if people say a lot of unreliable stuff on the internet. :shrug:

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

demod windows 98

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Why is that bird dude freaking the gently caress out over some AVs, I just don't get it? He didn't even get one.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I've said my piece v:shobon:v

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
make me mod of whatever forum LAB/Larb is in charge of i'm already a parrot and my name is larb

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Guys my av misrepresents me on this comedy forum oh noooooooo

edit: can't mods just change their avs at will? Jesus loving christ wow.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

My concern is mods being held responsible, now or in the future, for a decisions we had no part in, such as voting in a self-professed murderer. and also jesus christ :psyduck:

if you willingly join the mod team, you should be ready to accept responsibility

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

fyodor posted:

Modship is in good hands with a not at all crazy lady ranting about an avatar lol.

its not their fault, they got that bird parasite that turns you into a crazy bird lady

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

lol if this results in a mod meltdown but its a different mod than win98

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Parallax Scroll posted:

Inshallah!

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

make me mod of whatever forum LAB/Larb is in charge of i'm already a parrot and my name is larb

I think their's is a parakeet too so you're already higher on the pecking order. It just logical.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Technically, Windows 98 is only an IK, not a mod.

Parallax Scroll posted:

Massive mod meltdown. It's not our fault, the temperature is rising and we can't afford air conditioners.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Bring back marco.

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

symbolic posted:

he actually cheated on a shovel... with a MAN

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Technically, Windows 98 is only an IK, not a mod.

Massive mod meltdown. It's not our fault, the temperature is rising and we can't afford air conditioners.

IKs are listed in the mod list in the forums index?

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

a meltdown sounds like a good arby's menu item

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

fyodor posted:

IKs are listed in the mod list in the forums index?

yep

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

:wave:

he finally did it guys!

better than window millennium

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

don't post putty

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

hey isn't there a mod forum for mods to fight with eachother about getting their av changed i mean lol wtf.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Hell Yeah posted:

hey isn't there a mod forum for mods to fight with eachother about getting their av changed i mean lol wtf.

as fun as that sounds, none of us would be able to see it

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
they should start an avatar fight club

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

also im a little surprised that hes actually like modding correctly so far. wonder how long that will last

• Locked thread