Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Requesting a novelty Win98 6hr with this as the reason to spice up my rap sheet

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Professor Shark posted:

Requesting a novelty Win98 6hr with this as the reason to spice up my rap sheet

Requesting the same, only put my avatar in the skeletons head as a figment of my rage at avatars

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

So like is no one actually going to post what happened

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3692592&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

quote:

I said I would explain why I got it, so. To put it very shortly. As mentioned before 2014 was my rock bottom. Had my best friend from elementary school loving my (now ex) girlfriend behind my back. Had to move home because he was my loving roommate. A different roommate knew and didnt tell me, and that friendship ended which also ended my music career (which if I am being honest was going very very well. Like, thousands of copies sold well). I couldn't go back to school due to a restraining order that SHE got on me because she went to the same school, but I had already enrolled so now I'm in debt thousands of dollars. I have had 2 court cases in one year. one involving me beating a kid with a shovel which was assault and battery with a dangerous weapon. Then recently I was charged with 3 more counts of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon and felony reckless driving. I won't discuss the cases in detail but let's just say it sucks. I am in debt to my family nearly $8,000 in lawyers fees as well as thousands in restitution fees and probation fees. I lost my license indefinitely and totaled my car. I lost my job, because I needed my car to do my job (I have since thankfully gotten a much better job). And to be sincere, that is the tip of my iceberg of problems that happened in 2014 alone.

Ultimately I got it to remind myself that since then I have made great strides in my life to improve it. I got in therapy, put on proper medication, went through a 3 month long anger management course, got a better job, started working out, and dropped all my bad friends and have started to make new better ones, quit smoking. I want to look at it and remind myself that 2014 was the worst possible version of myself, and that every day forward is a day I can improve myself and be better than the 2014 version of me. Which was easily my rock bottom. Every day I can't ignore the fact that I have to be a better person than I once was. And also never to forget the things that did happen to me. Because as lovely as they are, those things are what brought me to the point where I actually turned my life around. Without them I still would probably be a half assed shmuck who isn't interested in being the best possible version of myself.

/endrant

Continue mocking me for my terrible decisions

In summary this is where the shovel beating accusations come from, he loving admitted it himself. No idea if he committed vehicular manslaughter, but felony reckless driving is in there too

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

It would be great if this leads to some kind of mod protest strike. A new twist haven't seen yet

Need mods to organize and unionize.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I would also like a stamp on my rap sheet passport so as to keep a tally of the mods I have survived.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
gotdamn, win98 is a thug

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

gently caress the ROW posted:

if you willingly join the mod team, you should be ready to accept responsibility

I wonder how often people tell Lowtax no when he asks them to mod? It's the only sane answer.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

whoa watch the gently caress out shine

E: also windows98 stamp me for mod sass my probation page is shamefully empty

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
i don't know if i want this sort of person moderating me

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

i definitely do not

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
:vd::freep::gbsmith:

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

I don't need much moderation but win98 is a terrible poster, not that I'm any better. Hopefully he makes a better mod.

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

Beekeeping and You posted:

rest of series pls

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Eh you can probate me for 6 if you want, use this for the reason please:

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

ok i did some digging and i found where the vehicular manslaughter claims come from lol

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3692110&pagenumber=6#post439846782

quote:

That windows 98 guy accidentally committed vehicular manslaughter on some woman and is going to jail lmao

quote:

Good stuff, link please

quote:

He told me in the GBS tinychat, he was drinking because he was real depressed about it and it's the reason he has the 2014 sucked tattoo on his pec now

soooo yea, take that as you will

E: ok i'm going to stop posting these b/c there's a lot but here

quote:

I have never murdered anyone. I have never physically harmed my ex.

I was in a car crash that was headlight to headlight. because there was yelling and arguing before hand it was considered intentional by the law. even though it was an absolute complete genuine mistake and I didn't intend to hit his car at all. there was 3 people in the other car which is why the gave me 3 counts of A&B with a dangerous weapon (car).

I would never try and hurt someone or ruin my own car intentionally. I'm not THAT stupid.

though yes I did hit a kid with a shovel for loving my ex. and he was my roommate. and kinda deserved it. and that was wrong and I shouldn't have done that and the proper course of action should have just been to walk away and say "gently caress all these people I'm out" and moved on with my life. but I didn't. I reacted poorly.

my car related problems are merely from all from a small car crash that had some yelling going on before it happened, and again, I didn't do it intentionally.

sorry my story isn't quite as exciting as you think

Beekeeping and You fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Apr 23, 2016

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Windows98 has crashed due to an unexpected error: Q146419

It's a Fatal Exception!

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Isaac for mod 2016. There's a guy that can handle his booze and pills. Also, he hasn't killed anyone.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

the fact that you have abs makes me believe you don't have a real job

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

ok i did some digging and i found where the vehicular manslaughter claims come from lol

soooo yea, take that as you will

E: ok i'm going to stop posting these b/c there's a lot but here

People make poo poo up on the internet?! You are loving kidding me! Thanks for breaking this story wide open. That is some impressive investigative work there.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

People make poo poo up on the internet?! You are loving kidding me! Thanks for breaking this story wide open. That is some impressive investigative work there.

please dont be rude i googled "windows 98 vehicular manslaughter" for you :(

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

He's a musician GAWD

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
why?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The code in this avatar is so hosed up, it makes YOSPOS want to gently caress their computers and cum in them.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

hahah

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
never copy/paste in anger

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Celluloid Sam posted:

He's a musician GAWD

Dude just copy/paste deadmouse songs

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

FactsAreUseless posted:

The code in this avatar is so hosed up, it makes YOSPOS want to gently caress their computers and cum in them.

that's a bit extreme

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
Congratulations Windows 98, my friend

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

LadyAmbien posted:

Thanks friend! She's so chill, we got lucky.

I would also like to give my congratulations to you and Richard on the birth of your child

I'm glad it worked out without issues

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

FactsAreUseless posted:

is there any idea who was behind it or how much they spent leaving passive aggressive notes on yalls windshields

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

whoflungpoop posted:

is there any idea who was behind it or how much they spent leaving passive aggressive notes on yalls windshields
I'm assuming Windows 98 did it for the same reason he posts: a desperate need for negative attention. But nobody actually knows, no.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
i will destroy Windows 98

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
I don't know if it's been covered, but I just realized Win98 is still on probation for 5 days.

But as a mod he can still moderate and probate other people.

God bless these forums.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Putty posted:

i will destroy Windows 98

get lost Putty

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Windows 98 seems kinda cool imo

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qev-i9-VKlY

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

imagine i knew a specific piece of malware that was big during the windows 98 era, and used it to make a (insincere!) threat. that would be pretty good, right?

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
windows 98 and I will fight in an epic rap battle

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
this will only end in pain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm assuming Windows 98 did it for the same reason he posts: a desperate need for negative attention. But nobody actually knows, no.

im really quite sure he didnt and thinking that he did in any way is just silly

when i asked who did it i meant was it user demonachizer again, who spent $1000 in the gbs charity drive to probate windows last month

• Locked thread