Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Linnear posted:

I ate one. It was just a regular burger. There's some muted spiciness somewhere in the bread, but I can't imagine even the most sheltered meat and potatoes muncher from middle america would find this hot.

In fact, all of burger king's hamburgers are pretty boring except for the regular whopper. A long time ago there was this indiana jones whopper and that was the last genuinely tasty new thing I can remember getting from bk.

Bks only everyday gimmick now is "the same sandwich served on a different bun" and it's kind of sad. They try so hard to get people to buy poo poo on that long original chicken sandwich bun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
How can you even taste the difference between fast food burgers? It's all the same. Culver's tastes a tiny bit different because they pour a cup of lard on the patty but that's about the only difference.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
fast food talk: whats up with all the burger companies doing like a 5 for 5$ or 4 for 4$ or 5 for 4$

i mean im a fan but whats up witht hat

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

notZaar posted:

How can you even taste the difference between fast food burgers? It's all the same. Culver's tastes a tiny bit different because they pour a cup of lard on the patty but that's about the only difference.

Imo fast food burgers usually have a more distinct taste than most restaurant burgers since they all have (probably) a trademark chemical combo of flavors that are supposed to make them stand out. I remember reading something where a guy was at a smell scientist or whatever they're called lab and the guy had jars labeled McDonalds, Burger King etc with their trademark burger smells in them

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Aesop Poprock posted:

Imo fast food burgers usually have a more distinct taste than most restaurant burgers since they all have (probably) a trademark chemical combo of flavors that are supposed to make them stand out. I remember reading something where a guy was at a smell scientist or whatever they're called lab and the guy had jars labeled McDonalds, Burger King etc with their trademark burger smells in them

This is very true. They have like, scientists, not chefs (don't quote me on this) that try to find the disticntively perfect combo of poo poo to make you crave it. All are different.

Get a burger at Applebee's, Chili's, Outback, TGI Fridays, Texas Roadhouse, Red Robin, etc, etc, etc. Their burgers are all the same. Some have a little gimmick, but there are very few noticeable differences in taste.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Aesop Poprock posted:

So is there a smell scientist for farts as well? Perhaps they are engineering a way for people to fart out these fast food smells so others will crave the same thing the farter ate.

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

Smash it Smash hit posted:

fast food talk: whats up with all the burger companies doing like a 5 for 5$ or 4 for 4$ or 5 for 4$

i mean im a fan but whats up witht hat

It's called a price threshold. $5 footlongs was a huge hit for Subway along with dollar menus. Also regular menu combo meals used to average like $5 a decade or so ago prior to inflation.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Wamdoodle posted:

So is there a smell scientist for farts as well? Perhaps they are engineering a way for people to fart out these fast food smells so others will crave the same thing the farter ate.

lol fart scientist is a real thing but it turns out they've cured cancer so in your face all other scientists!

http://www.sunnyskyz.com/good-news/757/Scientists-Say-Smelling-Farts-Prevents-Cancer

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Wamdoodle posted:

Trying to engineer a fart smell is probably like trying to predict the weather next year.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

OctoberBlues posted:

:siren:PICTURES:siren:

Look at these motherfuckers on Colfax Ave, think they can charge me 30 cents more per sandwich than the advertised price. gently caress YOU Burger King. Although the guy behind the counter was nice enough to cover the extra one cent because all I had was a 5 and it would have been pretty annoying to have to break that for one cent.

Here they are in all of their glory, four delicious Angriest Whoppers!

Here I pulled out this dirty old school kitchen scale I found, it appears that these are close to three pounds of food. The bag was... heavy.

That's a good looking burger! Errr, something like that. And oh, I forgot! The idiots used regular pickles instead of pickled jalapenos. Quality control, as always, is top notch at Burger King.

Say hello to me and my unkempt beard. It's burger #1!

Nothing like the first bite of a Burger King Whopper

#1 went down super easy and I was looking forward to burger #2 actually.

This, I believe is the moment when I realized that I had made a terrible mistake and still had 2 1/2 of these loving things to go.

Burger #3. My hands are starting to become covered in the angry sauce. Which, let's talk about that for a second. None of this was angry. Yes, I was missing jalapenos, but the angry onions, angry sauce, and angry bun weren't hot at all. gently caress, for all I know this idiotic Burger King gave me regular deep fried onions and regular sauce, but the bun I know was angry! Yet other than the color, there was no proof of this.

I am almost done with burger #3. My hands are covered in angry sauce and this has quickly gone from "I'm starting to feel very full" to "I wonder if I should have put a garbage can next to me?"

Gotta drink some water because these are salty as gently caress. But mustn't drink too much water because there is precious little space left in my poor stomach.

Burger #4. You can probably tell just from the angle of my head that I am in pain. Part of me wanted to just give up and save this for when I didn't feel like I was going to die, but I promised the internet I would do this, so I soldiered on. Like a dumb, loving moron, piece of poo poo.

One bite to go! If my celebration looks a little muted, it's because I thought I might throw up if I moved much more than that...

You have been defeated Angriest Whoppers!

No after pics of me, but I've just been sitting in a chair since I finished these, feeling generally ill. I probably should have just rid myself of those burgers immediately after eating them, but that seemed against the spirit of the challenge. Vim Fuego paid $25 for me to suffer, so goddammit here I am, suffering.

Final thoughts on the burger - it's not bad I guess, at least for a Burger King burger. It's way too expensive at almost $6 per, but I guess just the one was pretty filling, so maybe it's not too outrageous. I would highly recommend against eating four though. Yeah...

Nice job covering up your face wouldnt want your enemies discovering your secrete identity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
yah its 2016 when are we going to drop the whole "dont show my face on the internet" facade?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

yah its 2016 when are we going to drop the whole "dont show my face on the internet" facade?

When goons stop being creepy weirdos, so probably never I guess.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
i believe in you

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

There are literally several offsite forums that scour threads for personal information so they can invest way too much time in uncovering mundane details of the lives of people they don't like so it kind of makes sense.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

ArbitraryC posted:

There are literally several offsite forums that scour threads for personal information so they can invest way too much time in uncovering mundane details of the lives of people they don't like so it kind of makes sense.

oh word? octoberblues is a pretty milktoast poster i feel like he is safe. yep

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Quote-Unquote posted:

lol fart scientist is a real thing but it turns out they've cured cancer so in your face all other scientists!

http://www.sunnyskyz.com/good-news/757/Scientists-Say-Smelling-Farts-Prevents-Cancer

:eyepop: I want my business cards to say "Fart Scientist" maybe even "Head Fart Scientist"

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Oh man, my stomach is loving purging itself right now. I can usually handle crap food, so I think it must be the massive amount of food coloring rather than the food itself, but really bad, terrible things are happening.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

OctoberBlues posted:

Oh man, my stomach is loving purging itself right now. I can usually handle crap food, so I think it must be the massive amount of food coloring rather than the food itself, but really bad, terrible things are happening.

Be sure to give full details of any discoloration. No photo proof though. That's just gross.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Wamdoodle posted:

Be sure to give full details of any discoloration. No photo proof though. That's just gross.

Well Wamdoodle, I've been pissing red liquid out my rear end all day long.

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

OctoberBlues posted:

And yet you did so that the rest of don't have to. You did good.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

OctoberBlues posted:

Noice!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

kinda wish my city had a freakin taco bell

but we dont

wtf

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

numberoneposter posted:

kinda wish my city had a freakin taco bell

but we dont

wtf

haha this is cute as hell

you think you live in a city

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Chinatown posted:

haha this is cute as hell

you think you live in a city
i would trade one of our dozen mcdonalds for a taco bell

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
i ate one of these at the mall the other day and didn't have any anal problems on the exit. pussy rear end digestive systems ITT

also the new Wendy's jalapeno burger is loving delicious and three times spicier than this whopper

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Turdsdown Tom posted:

i ate one of these at the mall the other day and didn't have any anal problems on the exit. pussy rear end digestive systems ITT

also the new Wendy's jalapeno burger is loving delicious and three times spicier than this whopper

How about you eat four and check back with me tough guy. :colbert:

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

OctoberBlues posted:

How about you eat four and check back with me tough guy. :colbert:

i will, and when i do it will look like this

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Turdsdown Tom posted:

i will, and when i do it will look like this

Well, probably more like this:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
Hahaha, well done.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Ibogaine posted:

And yet you did so that the rest of don't have to. You did good.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

My girlfriend got the jalapeño fresco chicken thing from Wendy's with ghost pepper sauce and I tried a bite and it's pretty dang spicy for fast food would recommend for actual angry rear end in a top hat

Other Barry
Jun 5, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
deep fried flour tortilla is honestly kind of nasty so i don't like chalupas or chimichangas or quesalupas or whatever

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Pennywise the Frown posted:

This is very true. They have like, scientists, not chefs (don't quote me on this) that try to find the disticntively perfect combo of poo poo to make you crave it. All are different.

I always thought Dairy Queen's burgers tasted the most like actual hamburgers, as in the kind of burgers you'd make at home from ground beef grilled on your own grill. They're still garbage loaded with corn syrup and chemicals but at least they taste like real food.

A Loud Fart
Sep 9, 2011

OctoberBlues posted:

:siren:PICTURES:siren:

Look at these motherfuckers on Colfax Ave, think they can charge me 30 cents more per sandwich than the advertised price. gently caress YOU Burger King. Although the guy behind the counter was nice enough to cover the extra one cent because all I had was a 5 and it would have been pretty annoying to have to break that for one cent.

Here they are in all of their glory, four delicious Angriest Whoppers!

Here I pulled out this dirty old school kitchen scale I found, it appears that these are close to three pounds of food. The bag was... heavy.

That's a good looking burger! Errr, something like that. And oh, I forgot! The idiots used regular pickles instead of pickled jalapenos. Quality control, as always, is top notch at Burger King.

Say hello to me and my unkempt beard. It's burger #1!

Nothing like the first bite of a Burger King Whopper

#1 went down super easy and I was looking forward to burger #2 actually.

This, I believe is the moment when I realized that I had made a terrible mistake and still had 2 1/2 of these loving things to go.

Burger #3. My hands are starting to become covered in the angry sauce. Which, let's talk about that for a second. None of this was angry. Yes, I was missing jalapenos, but the angry onions, angry sauce, and angry bun weren't hot at all. gently caress, for all I know this idiotic Burger King gave me regular deep fried onions and regular sauce, but the bun I know was angry! Yet other than the color, there was no proof of this.

I am almost done with burger #3. My hands are covered in angry sauce and this has quickly gone from "I'm starting to feel very full" to "I wonder if I should have put a garbage can next to me?"

Gotta drink some water because these are salty as gently caress. But mustn't drink too much water because there is precious little space left in my poor stomach.

Burger #4. You can probably tell just from the angle of my head that I am in pain. Part of me wanted to just give up and save this for when I didn't feel like I was going to die, but I promised the internet I would do this, so I soldiered on. Like a dumb, loving moron, piece of poo poo.

One bite to go! If my celebration looks a little muted, it's because I thought I might throw up if I moved much more than that...

You have been defeated Angriest Whoppers!

No after pics of me, but I've just been sitting in a chair since I finished these, feeling generally ill. I probably should have just rid myself of those burgers immediately after eating them, but that seemed against the spirit of the challenge. Vim Fuego paid $25 for me to suffer, so goddammit here I am, suffering.

Final thoughts on the burger - it's not bad I guess, at least for a Burger King burger. It's way too expensive at almost $6 per, but I guess just the one was pretty filling, so maybe it's not too outrageous. I would highly recommend against eating four though. Yeah...

The most crime riddenest Burger King in Colorado, I hope DPD finally arrested that bum who was just simmering with anger and would explode with rage if you even made a passing glance at him.
Chubby's is less than a block away and the heat from their sauce burns my lips and my rear end in a top hat in a beautiful way that I don't think I can live without. Mexican hamburger and smothered tots for life.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Please don't forget that if your poop is bright bright red it is merely the copious amounts of red dye, or possibly the burger was so angry it perforated your colon

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Celluloid Sam posted:

I will eat any fast food thing if goons pay for it

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Is it normal for your burps to still taste like angriest whoppers 36 hours of eating them? Are they just sitting in my stomach rotting?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

OctoberBlues posted:

Is it normal for your burps to still taste like angriest whoppers 36 hours of eating them? Are they just sitting in my stomach rotting?

Likely some of them are still chilling you ate 3 pounds of burger King

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
top 5 best fast food ~5$ packages by ( yum/money )

1. Cook out Tray ( get a burger and two corndogs as side gently caress yea)
2. Hardees 5 dollar box thing ( gives you options but no curly fries so gently caress you)
3. Wendys 4 for $4 ( cheapest and get nugs/burg/fries/drink )
4. Churches 5 dollar big box
5. Burger King 5 for $4 ( you would think would be better cause you get a cookie too but idk their food is gross)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

OctoberBlues posted:

It means you're bad at eating, which is surprising from a man who willingly consumed 2.97 gross lbs of Burger King.

• Locked thread