Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

Cthulu Carl posted:

I should also add, I will gladly assist in building the Ohio Containment Wall. I don't care if I get walled in too, it's probably for the best.

Dr.Caligari fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jul 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Anderron Shi posted:

I think there's a government lab there and these killings were by a monster that the lab accidentally released whilst performing top-secret experiments. Those bodies were probably fake and just a cover-up.

This is a pretty good show, and I usually don't like scary monster shows.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah who ever did this is long gone,

Everyone in OHIO needs to take a narcan class.

http://fox8.com/2016/07/27/heroin-epidemic-in-akron-becomes-even-more-disturbing-with-record-number-of-overdoses/

It takes like a half a hour to show you how to shove an inhaler thing up their nose to dose them, it's pretty easy.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Lime Tonics posted:

http://fox8.com/2016/07/27/heroin-epidemic-in-akron-becomes-even-more-disturbing-with-record-number-of-overdoses/

It takes like a half a hour to show you how to shove an inhaler thing up their nose to dose them, it's pretty easy.

Why?

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

If it's like central and southern Indiana it's because everyone is shooting up. We were/are actually having an AIDS problem in TYOOL 2016 here.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

The only thing I remember about the time driving thru Ohio was all the signs on the interstate saying to report drug trafficking. So that's my two cents

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Possibly Chicken posted:

The only thing I remember about the time driving thru Ohio was all the signs on the interstate saying to report drug trafficking. So that's my two cents

"Hello, police? Yes, I'd like to report a car I saw unloading drugs at the last rest stop. They left just before I did. No, I didn't get their license plate. I... oh wait, maybe I can get it now, they're slowing down ahead of me. Okay, oh.... they're pulling up along side my caZKLJASDKJLGHA#@()@()*ADSJJLAKLJAAAAAAsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss....."

The_Book_Of_Harry
Apr 30, 2013

Lime Tonics posted:

I keep an injectable dose of Narcan on hand. The manufacturer/someone was giving them away through the methadone clinic, and we requested a couple.

It was nice to save someone else for a change

E: you don't even need a class for this formulation. The dose is kept in a little plastic cartridge (looks like a stamp), and it talks to you while you're deploying it.

Way of the future

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Ohio is pretty great imho

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Asssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.....
same

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Lime Tonics posted:

This "problem" will resolve itself

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

GORDON posted:

Local news.

My fave tidbit is that he only served 3 years of a 10 year sentence for trying to abduct a different woman. The dead girls' parents must have been thrilled to hear that.

I graduated with her aunt. Her locker was next to mine. A lot of people on facebook were saying they always thought he was a creeper. Another classmate said her mom had called the cops on him because he was creeping in their yard. No one knew anything about the prior conviction until it came out because of this.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

Cincinatti Enquirer says autopsy details are to be released, the state says no. Mediation ordered

E; In the very similar,and very possibly related, KY murders, they released info that the killers took something "valuable and hidden"

Dr.Caligari fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Aug 23, 2016

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Officials: Miami Valley flooded with Mexican cartel members

So far this year, the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office has arrested at least a dozen Mexican cartel members in the area. However, Captain Mike Brem says the arrests have not made a difference on the cartel’s drug trade business.

“The fact is, the market is flooded. So, for us to say we’re making a huge difference on the supply chain – not really,” said Brem.

Brem has worked for the sheriff’s office for 23 years. He says in his career this is the worst it has ever been.

“We’re at the hotels, we’re at the airport and we’re on the highways. We’re looking for those indicators, those are the ports that they come in with,” said Brem.

Their business is pushing drugs like heroin, a billion-dollar industry that the region is at the heart of. With the rising demand for opiates in the Miami Valley, Brem says cartel members are calling Dayton home.

“It’s scary. I tell people and I talk to my kids constantly about the dangers of drugs, addiction and how it can flip your life around,” he said.

We told you in May the two biggest cartels in the region are the Mexican Mafia and cartel kingpin El Chapo’s group, Sinaloa.

http://wdtn.com/2016/08/24/officials-miami-valley-flooded-with-mexican-cartel-members/

No arrests have been made in the shooting investigation of eight execution-style killings of members of the Rhoden family in Pike County, Ohio.

Large-scale marijuana grow operations discovered at three of four murder scenes
Preliminary autopsy results released Tuesday
Cockfighting cages found at crime scenes

http://www.whio.com/news/national/suspect-motive-pike-county-shooting/9DdbsjUrdQK5gYKjKEZiyJ/

They will never solve this case, will they?

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
no they likely will not

Veshpo
May 23, 2016

Hotline Miami (Ohio)

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
cool bro the cartels are now operating openly in the USA

this fuckin drug war lol

naem
May 29, 2011

Veshpo posted:

Hotline Miami (Ohio)

MIAMI VICE

*theme song plays* *montage*

-chubby cops go through the Wendy's drive through
-some bored looking 6/10 college students in flip flops walk out of a strip mall Starbucks and get into a Toyota RAV4
-quick dramatic cuts to: a church: another church: grandma at the petsmart: several abandoned homes with weedy yards
-shoveling snow in an Ohio state sweatshirt

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

I think that is why the AG /LE was so quick to let the local schools off lockdown, and announce to the public that they were in no danger just like an hour or two after the discovery of the bodies .. they knew the killers were long gone from the area

Oh, also in the latest interview, AG Dewine confimed they were working with Homeland Security. Can anyone shed anymore light on why this might be? Or does it just confirm they are looking toward a cartel hit?

Dr.Caligari fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Aug 29, 2016

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Moridin920 posted:

cool bro the cartels are now operating openly in the USA

this fuckin drug war lol
I think if you polled most of the USA and asked if anyone may take Ohio from us, they'd give permission

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
why can't folks focus on all the people he left alive

way to be obsessed with negativity

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Dr.Caligari posted:

Oh, also in the latest interview, AG Dewine confimed they were working with Homeland Security. Can anyone shed anymore light on why this might be? Or does it just confirm they are looking toward a cartel hit?
It strongly suggests it. DHS includes ICE, which among other things investigates drug cartels, also known as "transnational criminal organizations" or TCOs using the preferred fed nomenclature.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

CrashCat posted:

I think if you polled most of the USA and asked if anyone may take Ohio from us, they'd give permission

most anyplace even remotely not terrible around Ohio is full of people from Ohio that talk about how terrible Ohio is.

The only people that like Ohio are the ones that have never left it and don't understand what Not-Ohio is like.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Fat Shat Sings posted:

most anyplace even remotely not terrible around Ohio is full of people from Ohio that talk about how terrible Ohio is.

The only people that like Ohio are the ones that have never left it and don't understand what Not-Ohio is like.

TBH Cincinnati has gotten way better over the years. And I would rather live there than say Charlotte, NC; Naples, FL; Orlando, FL; New Jersey; Louisville, KY... But then again that might not be saying much... But as I travel more and more we will see if I find anything better.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Fat Shat Sings posted:

And they usually poo poo on Michigan or something, which is definitely Not Great but also not even the right direction to go weather-wise if you were trying to get away

I have heard good things about parts of Cincinnati and Columbus but there are vast tracts of yuck around them as well.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
missouri at least has ozark pride even if it is basically apalachian pride but i cant imagine living in a place like missouri but even more midwestern. like the only reason its tolerable here is that its not quite midwestern enough to make me want to kill myself

probably less trucks on the road, but theyre replaced with full sized cars with clinton and us veteran bumper stickers

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Lime Tonics posted:

See the thing is we need to open the borders because we need the cheap labor to do the cartel jobs that americans wont do

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Lime Tonics posted:

It's a reveal of the trail of tears. Finally Andrew "Muad'Dib" Jackson's jihadi training of Mexican nationals is returning to return the south to its days of former glory

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
*brutally decapitates a rival dealer with a chainsaw*

"... you have the weirding way"

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

fyallm posted:

TBH Cincinnati has gotten way better over the years. And I would rather live there than say Charlotte, NC; Naples, FL; Orlando, FL; New Jersey; Louisville, KY... But then again that might not be saying much... But as I travel more and more we will see if I find anything better.

That's Stockholm Syndrome, which is what anyone that has anything good to say about Ohio has

"Well Cleveland's River isn't on fire all of the time"
"Well only 95% of Dayton is a rusted out abandoned factory wasteland and it's not as bad as detroit"
"Well Columbus has a couple places that aren't completely dangerous and run down"
"Well Cincinnati has ......kings island"

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Fat Shat Sings posted:

That's Stockholm Syndrome, which is what anyone that has anything good to say about Ohio has

"Well Cleveland's River isn't on fire all of the time"
"Well only 95% of Dayton is a rusted out abandoned factory wasteland and it's not as bad as detroit"
"Well Columbus has a couple places that aren't completely dangerous and run down"
"Well Cincinnati has ......kings island"

Cincinnati has Rhinegiest, MadTree, 50 West, a poo poo ton of other really good breweries, Kings Island, Coney Island, OTR, Hofbrauhaus, Krohn Conservatory, Chateau Laroche, NFL Team, MLB Team, USL Team (should move to MLS within 5-6 years), Big East Bball team, If UC ever moves into the Big 12 they will have that for football and basketball, Mediocre Art Museums, Music Hall, AND A STREET CAR.

I use to rag on Cincy and Ohio as a whole, then I started traveling for my job and realized it isn't as bad as I thought.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

nigga crab pollock posted:

missouri at least has ozark pride even if it is basically apalachian pride but i cant imagine living in a place like missouri but even more midwestern. like the only reason its tolerable here is that its not quite midwestern enough to make me want to kill myself

probably less trucks on the road, but theyre replaced with full sized cars with clinton and us veteran bumper stickers

:confused: I grew up there and don't know what that is. Is that the thing where everyone knows they're a bunch of toothless ignorant hillbillies, but doesn't give a poo poo because everyone else manages to be just as bad but without the self awareness? Or is it just that thing we're I'm culturally obligated to crank up the volume whenever the Daredevil's are playing?

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

Dewine continues fighting release of autopsy reports. Enquirer claims mediation is a stalling tactic.

Here are some other shot-in-bed murders that have happened in the area. All unsolved with no arrests, no suspects. Mileage listed is distance from Rhoden site.

1. December 9, 2006 murder of Jennifer Burgette and Curtis Francis. - About 10 miles

2. March 21, 2010 Three men shot and killed in a rural Clark County house as they slept - kind of a stretch, 110 miles

3. January 4, 2016 Murder of Mykal and Candy Newsome. - 30 miles

4. April 6, 2016 murder of Charles Douglas Eapmon and Carolynn Ann Tomlinson. - 80 miles

Maybe not all related, but these are sparsely populated areas and each killing has similar MO's. Another intriguing incident was a fellow was reported missing the same day as the Rhoden murder. His truck was found near a state forest. A few weeks later, his sister was found dead on their mother's porch.

Locally, this is loosing steam quick. If it wasn't for the Cincinnati Enquirer lawsuits and the custody issues,this would probably be as cold as the other 4 murders

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
$2500 is not enough to snitch on the cartels for

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I did all those, wrap it up

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

I'm not saying they are all related. That one is kind of far away, and the first two happened years apart. I think it makes for good conjecture though

What makes the Eapmon murder likely related is that he was a known dealer, and there was also a female child in the home that was left unharmed. Details in that case have also been as slim as with the Rhoden's

Dr.Caligari fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Sep 7, 2016

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Dr.Caligari posted:

I'm not saying they are all related. That one is kind of far away, and the first two happened years apart. I think it makes for good conjecture though

Captain Yossarian posted:

I did all those, wrap it up

naem
May 29, 2011

"Don't crime" seems to be a good idea

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

$2500 is not enough to snitch on the cartels for

Someone near me killed a stray cat and left it on someone's door step and the reward for snitching on him was $6,000. No one ever came forward. lol that you think someone is going to snitch on a cartel member for less than half that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

naem posted:

"Don't crime" seems to be a good idea

It's the Ohio - Kentucky border. Thats all there is to do

• Locked thread