Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I loved the hell out of the first two seasons of this show. The end of both seasons were amazing and I can't wait for some more of this. I don't see what the point of comparing it to GoT is though, they're both shows on tv I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Now I know why people keep comparing this show to Game of Thrones! They both have Alexander Siddig as a supporting character. God drat this show is putting GoT to shame in that every regard.

An excellent choice for this show.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

DarkCrawler posted:

Holy gently caress is this show good. Shelbys are the most ruthless family on TV, ever.

EDIT: all the Shelby men have some serious PTSD. That includes Michael, he's as crazy as all of them. All the characters in this are wonderful, I'm having hard time picking my favorite. Arthur just pulling out a second gun and wiping out the bottles without missing a bullet and John joining in was maybe the most badass thing yet though. It was kind of crazy that Britain basically had an entire generation full of trained killers

Back to back generations really. The younger ones have round 2 to look forward to.

I think Arthur might be my favorite character. The dude is a terrifying mess, but drat do I feel bad for him.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Everything I've heard said 6 episodes.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Oasx posted:

I decided to re-watch the first two seasons again before starting this one, for some reason i don't like it as much as the first time i watched it.

I am not sure i can explain what i didn't like the second time, but it feels like the show becomes less about the Peaky Blinders, and more about Tommy's love life the further along you get. I absolutely love Tom Hardy's character, but i was struggling to care towards the end, and the first episode of this season didn't do anything for me either.

Speaking of, didn't someone say Tom Hardy was coming back this season?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
So for some reason, all of season 3 is now on US Netflix, despite the fact that episode 6 doesn't air for another week.

I tried to look up the Leonard Cohen song that was in episode 5, and it turns out he wrote it specifically for this show. I hope there's a full version that is available eventually.

counterfeitsaint fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jun 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Goofballs posted:

Well as regards the ending big spoilers don't hover till its aired for you

Did he deliberately get his family arrested, I mean there probably are consequences to blowing up trains with people and lots of military weapons but that part of it was never really spelled out and it felt like it was some big manipulation to put everyone on ice till he could figure out how to manage them. And then he was in league with the Duchess to rob her family all along? That I thought was kind of lovely, the all along part, because its important stuff that happens off camera and they didn't seem to drop us any hints at all. In fact they go the other direction and throw the audience off by Tommy only seeming to know details about the strongroom after he's seen it when she could have obviously just told him almost everything. I was a bit miffed that the priest walked with the child as well, like he absolutely said he was going to do that so maybe do more than fire people, maybe attach 2 of the seemingly endless collection of mooks to the child's rear end for a few days. So I was a little dissatisfied with that. The conversation with Tom Hardy and the tunnel was great though

I didn't get the impression he got his family arrested. The group the priest belonged to was supposed to be really dangerous, and it would have been silly one of their members was murdered and they didn't retaliate. The head cop that was in Tommy's pocket just tipped him off. I'm really interested to see how the next season starts, the last two started with a few year gap and the Shelbys much more powerful than previously.

I don't remember Tom Hardy looking so gross is poo poo last season, maybe it was my old crappy tv. Like you can just see the dirt caked on his face and ear and poo poo. Is there some kind of historical reason for that I'm not aware of?

• Locked thread