Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Just finished watching the end of season 3. Was going to ask what the thread thought because I was a little confused and had some mixed feelings about the last few scenes. Anyway it was really fun to watch still but I won't say poo poo about it just yet because I'm thinking the few people who post in this might not have seen it yet.

I was a bit sad that they killed Grace. That story was pretty much done though once they basically got the happy ending.

The priest is an all right villain I guess. Its a little weird that they made him such a loving antagonist though. The scene in I think in episode 4 with the fractured skull was terrifying though. I legit thought they were about to turn Tommy into a vegetable for a good 20 seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Well as regards the ending big spoilers don't hover till its aired for you

Did he deliberately get his family arrested, I mean there probably are consequences to blowing up trains with people and lots of military weapons but that part of it was never really spelled out and it felt like it was some big manipulation to put everyone on ice till he could figure out how to manage them. And then he was in league with the Duchess to rob her family all along? That I thought was kind of lovely, the all along part, because its important stuff that happens off camera and they didn't seem to drop us any hints at all. In fact they go the other direction and throw the audience off by Tommy only seeming to know details about the strongroom after he's seen it when she could have obviously just told him almost everything. I was a bit miffed that the priest walked with the child as well, like he absolutely said he was going to do that so maybe do more than fire people, maybe attach 2 of the seemingly endless collection of mooks to the child's rear end for a few days. So I was a little dissatisfied with that. The conversation with Tom Hardy and the tunnel was great though

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

counterfeitsaint posted:

I didn't get the impression he got his family arrested. The group the priest belonged to was supposed to be really dangerous, and it would have been silly one of their members was murdered and they didn't retaliate. The head cop that was in Tommy's pocket just tipped him off. I'm really interested to see how the next season starts, the last two started with a few year gap and the Shelbys much more powerful than previously.

The last episode really does turn on a dime so I wouldn't be mousing over these till you've seen it but maybe by Friday we can drop the black bars.

I thought that as well at first and that they had committed major crimes the government would be super interested in publicly punishing people for that they know the Shelby's did because the government members told them to do it but then why didn't they arrest Tommy, they arrest all the women, even the ones who relatively had nothing to do with anything. Maybe he got the cops to let just him go but then there's stuff like why have all that money on the table when the cops arrive. They're obviously going to steal it the times being what they were. Maybe the 60 odd k is the payoff to leave him alone. Anyhow, maybe I'm being a total autist about the whole thing. I just had a big sorry you what now reaction to it

• Locked thread