Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saga
Aug 17, 2009
[quote="Hector Beerlioz" post="459048527"]
Please use this area to discuss ways to avoid marijuana use and users, how awful stoner culture really is [\quote]

The entire cinematic oeuvre of Cheech and Chong. There.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Saga posted:

[quote="Hector Beerlioz" post="459048527"]
Please use this area to discuss ways to avoid marijuana use and users, how awful stoner culture really is [\quote]

The entire cinematic oeuvre of Cheech and Chong. There.

He said awful stoner culture not awesome stoner culture.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Its ok to not smoke weed but it is ok to smoke weed too

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

It's okay. Hell, some of my best friends don't even smoke weed.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

anyone want to violently "blaze glaze" with me?

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I shall blaze with you at :03

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I have blazed.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
don't smoke weed or you could end up a loser like Barack Obama or Michael Phelps

Sialia
Feb 12, 2016

Currently living with fiancé's sister. She can't function without pot. Her room stinks of pot. Our back shed is where she goes to roll them and that stinks of pot which is poo poo cause I need to put laundry in our dryer out there. Feels bad man.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Sialia posted:

Currently living with fiancé's sister. She can't function without pot. Her room stinks of pot. Our back shed is where she goes to roll them and that stinks of pot which is poo poo cause I need to put laundry in our dryer out there. Feels bad man.

That's just inconsiderate. Tell her to at least use one of those toilet roll insides stuffed with dryer sheets.A sploof I think? Or tell her to vape so it just smells like burnt popcorn for a short time.

Sialia
Feb 12, 2016

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

That's just inconsiderate. Tell her to at least use one of those toilet roll insides stuffed with dryer sheets.A sploof I think? Or tell her to vape so it just smells like burnt popcorn for a short time.

We are begrudgingly allowing it while she kicks ice and opiates. When she is over the worst of those withdrawals, she has to kick that too. poo poo won't last forever, or she will be out on the streets again.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

blazes predatorally

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Sialia posted:

We are begrudgingly allowing it while she kicks ice and opiates. When she is over the worst of those withdrawals, she has to kick that too. poo poo won't last forever, or she will be out on the streets again.

You and your fiancee should probably contact some sort of outreach program if not for her sister then for yourselves so you can get professional advice on how to deal with that crazy rear end poo poo.

Free Cheese
Sep 16, 2005
Come on, it's free
Buglord
Please dont kick someone to the streets for smoking the reef, maybe its time for an adult conversation about boundaries and her bad smells

Sialia
Feb 12, 2016

Free Cheese posted:

Please dont kick someone to the streets for smoking the reef, maybe its time for an adult conversation about boundaries and her bad smells

Don't misunderstand. This is a prior agreement, a condition to her moving in in the first place. She is attending NA meetings and we are pending referrals to a rehab program (She is changing GPs at the same time)

But if she isn't compliant with getting her poo poo sorted, she knew before she moved in that we would not put her up forever while she just soles pot all day.

Sialia
Feb 12, 2016

You and your fiancee should probably contact some sort of outreach program if not for her sister then for yourselves so you can get professional advice on how to deal with that crazy rear end poo poo.

She is attending NA daily, we have strict rules about no one else knowing where she is currently living (Reasonable, as they are all addicts and she knows they will only draw her back into their circle of self replicating addiction) she is pending referral to a rehab program and she is now 10 days clean of the ice/opiates/other poo poo she was on. Getting clean was a condition of moving in with us and even then it was only to be a temporary arrangement. We just have to give it the one try, you know? Just one.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I am free of the devils lettuce

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Sialia posted:

She is attending NA daily, we have strict rules about no one else knowing where she is currently living (Reasonable, as they are all addicts and she knows they will only draw her back into their circle of self replicating addiction) she is pending referral to a rehab program and she is now 10 days clean of the ice/opiates/other poo poo she was on. Getting clean was a condition of moving in with us and even then it was only to be a temporary arrangement. We just have to give it the one try, you know? Just one.

It's nice she's getting help but that's really just one side of the coin. If you actually want to help you two will probably need professional guidance as well. If it's just a show, whatever, put the hours in and then you can wash your hands of it or whatever you want to do.

Sialia
Feb 12, 2016

I should add that I am a nurse who has worked (though only for a very short duration) in addiction inpatient services. Additionally fiancé's dad got clean like 10 years ago so he has been supporting us throughout. I think she has a chance, and we gave her that with strict stipulations before she moved in, but if she fucks it up I will not destroy my life to keep her off the streets.

You get one chance in a proper rehab program. That is what she gets with us.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Don't expect people to pet you on the back for your pseudoaltruism.

Sialia
Feb 12, 2016

Don't expect people to pet you on the back for your pseudoaltruism.

I am not. But when she probably fucks this up and dies in a crack house somewhere I need to be able to tell myself we tried.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Sialia posted:

I am not. But when she probably fucks this up and dies in a crack house somewhere I need to be able to tell myself we tried.

You've already washed your hands of it. You never tried in the first place. Go ahead and whitewash it though, I don't know you so I don't give a gently caress how you delude yourself. It's all just as amusing to me.

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Sialia posted:

I should add that I am a nurse who has worked (though only for a very short duration) in addiction inpatient services. Additionally fiancé's dad got clean like 10 years ago so he has been supporting us throughout. I think she has a chance, and we gave her that with strict stipulations before she moved in, but if she fucks it up I will not destroy my life to keep her off the streets.

You get one chance in a proper rehab program. That is what she gets with us.

I just want to pat you on the back for this poo poo I think it's cool as heck.

Speaking of heck, thanks Hec for this thread, just quit the wacky baccy today!

Free Cheese
Sep 16, 2005
Come on, it's free
Buglord
https://youtu.be/8IF-UXYyilw

Sialia
Feb 12, 2016

The 3% success rate for an addict who tries to quit is pretty daunting. Excuse my not getting my hopes up. But hey, it's the Internet, I can complain about the pot smell in a relevant thread.
I just won't see her die without being given a chance. It is up to her what she does with it. Even if she made it that would not be my doing but hers. Hoping she will be in a proper rehab program soon though, that is her best chance.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Sialia posted:

The 3% success rate for an addict who tries to quit is pretty daunting. Excuse my not getting my hopes up. But hey, it's the Internet, I can complain about the pot smell in a relevant thread.
I just won't see her die without being given a chance. It is up to her what she does with it. Even if she made it that would not be my doing but hers. Hoping she will be in a proper rehab program soon though, that is her best chance.

How far into your rear end did you have to reach to pull out that 3% bullshit? Please, I beg you to cite it so I can make fun of you some more before I pass out.

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I feel I can be one of that 3% and succeed at quitting weed.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

rock rock posted:

Hooray! Well done, rock rock!

Sialia
Feb 12, 2016

rock rock posted:

Good work, mate. :) welcome back to the land of the living, hope you stay with us.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
im a non-marijuana user but its not by my choice its because my PO wont let me. thanks for the safe space hector

BowreeBookstore
Oct 29, 2015
Remember how tobacco smokers used to act like big baddasses in the 90s? Then we made them all stand outside in the rain lol!

in 2050 canibis smoking will be seen as something people who collect model trains and watch star trek do.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
lol who the fufk doesnt smoke weed

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I hope pot becomes universally legal soon so people will shut up about it

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

thathonkey posted:

lol who the fufk doesnt smoke weed

I do not abuse drugs

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I'm only addicted to coffe and video g ames, op :)

And weed also

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
me and hector got stoned this morning he just doesnt know it yet

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

ever heard of a contact high motherucker hehahah

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Please leave the safe space, nation

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe
Me smpked marijuna

Enjoy having any kind of real connection with your partner, employee, friends or family ever.

Superanuation is that purple bud that jason sells right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

aight sorry

• Locked thread