Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Yardbomb posted:

That was some rotten poo poo, regardless of what you were going for with it.

You're right and I apologize for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Hermetic posted:

Though, to be honest, I'd rather just see state marriage obliterated and replaced with civil unions for everybody.

Oh word?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Also that dude's wearing a lovely disguise. My bullshit meter is pinging.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Toplowtech posted:

Imagine if the USA had gone all STATE RIGHTS in the 19th century. It's the EU, and it's too much for some.

We kind of did.

Wait that was the 18th century 😅

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Another June another round of "DAE think Pride is too over the top/does not reflect well on my white gay masc personality?" angst :cripes:

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jun 27, 2016

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

they just want to reify their internalized homophobia and disdain for "those" kind of gays

DAE = does anyone else

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Yardbomb posted:

And the award for subhuman shitbag of the day goes toooooo-

The editor who removed the offending information in the article and apologized?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

National Org of Marriage always does fundraisers to keep them running. Well about that...

First Email
[/B]

Today's Email is just poetry

Yesssss :getin:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

IANAL but if the basis of your law is just "gays are icky I don't like them because reasons" that's animus.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

gently caress Wikileaks

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2016/08/23/wikileaks-outs-gay-people-in-saudi-arabia-in-reckless-mass-data-dump/

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Aesop Poprock posted:

Hang Julian Assange until dead

Zero Dark Thirty 2: Electric Killthefuckerloo

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Aug 24, 2016

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Pastor who said Pulse nightclub victims 'got what they deserved' arrested for child molestation

:allears:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Lyesh posted:

I'd argue that Marsha P Johnson "counts" as a trans woman.

One of the things with trans history is that it does have a lot of overlap with gay/drag stuff because if you're a male-bodied person, but living as a woman is important enough to you, welllll…

there's still an extremely vocal minority that tries to undermine gay male accomplishments in the arena of the LGBT civil rights movement -- especially when it comes to stonewall.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Reminder that voting for Hillary Clinton this fall is more important than ~*~ideological purity~*~.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2016/09/2...f8e470556fe0b22

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

lol

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

lol whose rereg are you?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

spotlessd posted:

A bunch of garbage.

no really whose rereg are you?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

BigRed0427 posted:

I blame capitalism.

i blame gay men

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I cannot stress enough how important it is to pull the level for Clinton on Election Day regardless of ~*~ideological purity~*~

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

Roy moore is gettling a slap on the wrist

I wouldn't call being removed from the bench a slap on the wrist.

What would you have preferred?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

The Shortest Path posted:

A guillotine would be nice.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

well it's the UN so..........................

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Reminder that homophobia is alive and well -- even among "progressives"! :toot:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Ok kiddos. Shits hitting the fan. There's going to be a lot of shock and despair but we're going to need all hands on deck to roll up our sleeves and fight. :clint:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

It's going to be hard to put that genie back in the bottle but please believe a poo poo ton of "religious freedom" laws coming down the pipeline :sigh:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Pollyanna posted:

Pence is vice president and the Reds control the government. Say goodbye to all the progress of the past 8 years.

What can we do to stop it?

Fighting back. Taking to the streets if needed. Moaning on an Internet forum - while cathartic - doesn't mean anything if you don't put your money where your mouth is. Like I said last night now isn't the time for despair now is the time to roll up our sleeves and get ready to fight.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Hungry posted:

What are the realistic prospects of marriage equality being struck down?

I'm pretty worried right now. I'm moving to America early next year in order to marry my partner. We waited for the Supreme Court decision last year with excitement and expectation, as he lives in a state which didn't recognise gay marriage before that, and then we had to wait some more for unrelated family reasons. I didn't expect this election result at all - it seemed like equality and rights were on the up in the US in general, and the prospect of a Trump victory seemed like some dimly glimpsed nightmare, but now it's real. Now I'm frightened of refusal of entry to the US, marriage annulment, legalised discrimination, everything.

So, what are my chances?

I called my state's LGBT rights organization this morning and spoke to their lawyer because I'm in a similar position. (Planning on a wedding fall of 2017, live in a state that didn't recognize gay marriage.) They strongly recommended getting the paper sooner rather than later. The gist of it was it'll be a mess trying to annul existing marriages so they anticipate a closing of doors or restriction of access like abortion access.

What's your home country like? Can your fiancé come to you?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I low-key came out to my boss today and am relieved to say he told me he didn't care about that, what he cares about the work I do and he'd fight like hell for me if it came up. :unsmith:

Shotgun courthouse wedding is go, not what I wanted but here we are.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

AriadneThread posted:

you could always do the actual fancy ceremony later
i had friends that got legally married a year before they held the actual wedding

That's the plan. We've been living together for almost 5 years at this point. It's felt like we've been married for years. This is a formailty

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Control Volume posted:

Yo gently caress off with this fatalistic poo poo. maybe you can pack up and move away, but Im stuck in this country for the forseeable future, so I am going to be finding ways to deal with it and I dont need people constantly repeating about how its all meaningless anyways hail satan

Holy poo poo that red text :laffo:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Control Volume posted:

Oh lol I have avatars turned off so I didnt even know. Who is this avatar trying to own anyways, im not smart enough to unravel the layers of irony anymore

Same, fam, same.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Toothless isn't a word I would use to describe Dick Cheney.

Any who, a story from the darkest timeline:

I asked my doctor this morning at an appointment if she had any moral objections to treating me as a gay man. I said I only asked because if she did I would rather find a new physician than cause issues. She told me she had no problem with it and would be horrified to find out any doctor would refuse treatment to a gay person. (I didn't tell her they're out there.)

Be out, voice your concerns. Protect you and your family.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

If you're not activating yourself to fight for your rights or protect yourself, I'm not going to say you're part of the problem but you're not helping either.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Pollyanna posted:

I want to fight. I just don't know how, yet.

Talk to people. Be out. poo poo I just talked about flat out asking my doctor if she would be a bigoted piece of poo poo if push came to shove. She was a little horrified but I made my point.

Alas this got lost in an intellectually bankrupt argument about the role of the VP.

Edit: and it was intellectually bankrupt because peeps were ignoring the existence of Dick Cheney.

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Nov 10, 2016

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

A Pale Horse posted:

Fine I give up, the sky is falling and everything is terrible. The Trumpstaffel will round up all the gays and execute us all, hug your pets tonight and cry into their fur. Nice passive aggressive and completely inaccurate title change btw. Please continue with your pointless panicking now since you're so intent upon it.

I don't really see a ton of wailing and teeth-gnashing. Just some fool acting like it's NBD.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Geokinesis posted:

Not US but I'm hearing something about FADA being likely to be passed with republican control of all your governing bodies?

Yeah probably.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Combed Thunderclap posted:

(I don't think they will but it's possible my faith is misplaced).

Oh you sweet summer child. Let me tell you about a little man named President-elect Trump.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I'm not reading that poo poo but how much is :qq:BUT MY WAIFU:qq:?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

there wolf posted:

Someone should tell this person they don't need a whole sentence to say 'self-loathing.'

oh ok they're fakeposting.

was about to go nuclear :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Instant Sunrise posted:

you forgot to show that she wears crocs

and people are just now figuring out she's a lesbian? :haw:

• Locked thread