Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

TinTower posted:

One of my friends came out to Obama at a townhall event in London. :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX8H2IvK1BI

Haha, I saw this on sky news and was really interested in it, but had to go to work half way. I was thinking, "ah poo poo, probably won't be able to see the rest of this ever, oh well"

metalloid posted:

This is cool.

Odds that the bathroom shenanigans have any sort of impact outside the US, one way or the other?
I think the bathroom shenanigans is an attack on LGBT by a notorious anti-LGBT group, it gives them power and reputation, and also says to anyone watching that this is something people in charge do and think is right. Not only that, but American politics heavily influence English politics anyway, last thing we want is some local bigots getting inspired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

HorseLord posted:

The mail is a fascist publication. That isn't hyperbole, the people who write that newspaper love racial purity and Hitler, but they restrain themselves from saying anything that might get them shut down. Most of the time.

Yeah this isn't any exaggeration, and England has the advantage of having really old poo poo so we can see how history repeats itself.

If Hitler was British, the Daily Mail would've supported him until the end. Instead, they only supported him until he declared a war on us.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Can't help but worry there were bad motives behind making fake articles like that.

A lesbian woman was ejected from a bathroom though, this is what I thought you were referring to:
https://www.facebook.com/RealBlackHair/videos/1041393762599408

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

In regards to the pill that would erase transgenderism/gayness whatever. The topic was already discussed and completely solved forever in the hit movie "X-Men The Last Stand™". Please use "X-Men The Last Stand™" for all future reference for any debate and/or discussion centred around a pill that cures people of being different.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I'm shocked that that known contrarian-poster and QCS superstar the insect court has taken up a contrarian position in a thread in D&D.

A position that coincidentally lets him be just a bit biased against gay people.

You realize that your first sentence, you're pretty much describing yourself? Maybe not including the QCS superstar bit. I've seen you around being a bit of a dick, which is not necessarily a bad thing, but have some self-awareness about it.

curse of flubber fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jun 19, 2016

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

You rely a lot on ad-hominem attacks I guess? Every time I see you shouting at someone I always want to side with the person you're attacking even if they're 100% in the wrong. You seem sarcastic to a fault, to the point where you put zero effort into your posts, especially when someone actually gives you something worth refuting. Also gently caress attacking people for their sexuality, even if they're heterosexual, as a bi dude that hurts, and I feel like I have to spell out my sexuality to you otherwise you may assume I'm straight and dismiss me, which would be annoying. I don't actually know if you would, but that's the vibe I get from your posts.

There's plenty of things wrong to point out, and maybe some of that can stem from hetrosexuality, or whiteness or whatever, but focusing on that seems counter productive and hypocritical.

curse of flubber fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jun 20, 2016

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

:nallears:

(I don't give a poo poo what you think)

Yeah I thought so.

Would you tell me anyone's thoughts you actually give a poo poo about? Or am I going to be responded to by another low effort single smiley response?

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

sweet catchphrase

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

No I won't because it doesn't matter. Here's some actual advice: if you're that insecure about your sexuality that a stranger telling another stranger to stop straightsplaining poo poo on an internet forum give you the vapors you need to focus on getting that in check because you'll crumble the first time you actually meet someone "offline" that has an issue with you and your sexual orientation.

nice meltdown

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Holy poo poo. A week ago, 49 people were murdered in cold blood in the worst mass shooting in American history and people are getting all bent out of sorts about an rear end in a top hat on the internet?

Stop making GBS threads up this thread and if you want to yell at me do it over PM.

Jesus man, maybe don't use the murder of 49 people to justify being an arsehole on the internet? Stop posting for the night and come back in the morning.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Hey, folks, PM's and QCS are the place to confront mods or raise concerns about their behavior. I would hope that this thread could have better topics to engage in during these trying times. :smith:

Nostalgia is just a mod for Goons In Platoons, here I don't see why we can't treat them like any other goon. But yeah, I agree we should probably move onto a more productive subject with less Nostalgia4Infinity.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

It other news, I figured out I was definitely bi last week, even though I admitted it to a friend a couple years ago and have been jackin' it to dicks and dudes for like 12 years now. It's weird how I ever thought that was ambiguous.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

It's ambiguous if you have a presupposed concept of what "bi" is.

Which I imagine a lot of people do.

It is a bit of a broad term for everything other than a 0 or a 6 on the kinsey scale.

Yeah I definitely did, it's a lot more loosey goosey than I imagined. Like, just because sometimes I may not like one gender at that moment, doesn't mean I've somehow lost my bisexuality or whatever. Last week was pretty gay though, and that was really cool.

I think I supressed thinking of myself like that for a while because at school, the only openly gay kid routinely got his shins kicked the gently caress out of in school. It was horrible, I think we w ere rated one of the worse schools in England, so much so that they merged it with another to fudge the numbers, as well as introducing a bunch of bullshit BTECs to artificially say their students got so many qualifications. Absolute poo poo show all around. That lad is a lady now, and I dread to think how she would've been treated had she been openly trans at the time.

I think what triggered me was my best mate from that time coming out later on then recently posting a sexy photo of himself.

I've been really hating my home town for being so boring and poo poo, but I keep hearing of more people coming out and it makes me happy that lgbt people actually exist here and seem to be happy.

I'm going to a munch tomorrow, I've only been once before here and had a good time, even if I did nervously pace outside the place for probably an hour. I even went to my first ever kink event about two months ago and a dude force fed me a Jaffa cake which wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but now I've started on keto, can't let that happen again.

Being force fed jaffa cakes isn't my kink or anything, that was just a thing that happened. Sorry if I'm being too blog posty or e/n but it's 4:30 and I can't sleep.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Man, this thread is so slow. The UKMT gets just about over 100x more posts. I would've thought that all the issues that lgbt people face all over the world, loads of people finding themselves and navigating dangerous social environments would at least inspire as much posting as the politics of the lovely little island I live on.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Didn't Wikileaks recently tweet support for Milo Yadayadayadpolis or something recently? Lost all support from me instantly there.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Glazier posted:

Get as many firearms as you can afford, train with them, and carry at least one on your person at all times. Be alert and be ready, they are coming for us soon.

Are you Dan Harmon

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

For real anyone who knows anything about computer security knows that the existence of voting machines is a total loving travesty. You can hack them very easily, and you don't even have to be Russian or anything. Electronic voting needs to be banned globally and permanently, because there simply is no secure method of electronic voting, period.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Aleph Null posted:

At least they aren't connected to the Internet like some have proposed.
At least every state has their own cobbled together standard so that you have to use different tactics to compromise each state.

They are old and busted enough that you often have to be physically present to compromise them.

Small favors in being luddites.

For a country like Russia though, 51 variants max isn't even a concern. I'm not saying they were hacked, but the fact is that it is trivial for them to be hacked, and hiring a couple dozens hackers with American voting rights, would not be an issue at all for Russia. I know e-voting isn't even in every state, so in reality it would be even easier, heck, I wouldn't be surprise if some 4chan people hacked a bunch of machines, because it's ridiculously easy to do.

It'd be quite funny for someone to get to a voting machine and report back, "uh, it was already hacked so the top candidates spell out marblecake?"

• Locked thread