Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Couldn't the military just say " Yep, we're gonna go do this but we need to figure out the right way and that's going to take at minimum 7 years"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

From what I understand the Military had quite the brain drain because of DADT and were not very happy about it.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

My understanding was that a portion of the inner lining of the intestines was used in order to provide a mucus membranes in the newer surgeries for vaginoplasty.

I am not trans but have dated and been in relationships with people who were and that person was very well versed plus I just read a bunch on it.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Well I am sure surgeries will just get better but also their growing biological material in labs so I figure that's the future of confirmation surgery

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Most of the actual tissues for confirmation surgery are not particularly complex which is why I think you'll see a leap forward in that area before you see something like cardiac muscle tissue able to be 3D printed which is cellulalry pretty complex , the same with something like tissue related to the lungs etcx.

Liver probably as well is being grown now currently.

Like people have said though this technology is still 10 years a way minimum but there may be some break through that rockets it forward.

I'm actually planning on starting a MPH and MSW with a focus in the LGBT community so I've been reading up on health stuff just to familiarize myself again.

I'll have to dig it up but I read there's a huge investment right now in phalloplasty and that process is probably going to take off in a few years. This is mostly related though because of defense spending on it because it's a very common injury in regards to war injuries.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Oct 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Yea there's some high end research being done into automated pumps using sensors it's kind of interesting.

I hope to focus.my Masters of public health in LGBT community so trying to really get into all the different health concerns specific to the community , I'm pretty familiar already but there's some stuff I don't know anything about.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Oct 18, 2017

• Locked thread