Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the moose
Nov 7, 2009

Type: Electric Swing
Was in a gay bar last night after visiting the Philly trans health conference and being in the dyke march. I even got to carry a sign. We got a super positive reaction along the way then I wake up to this news. Im going back to bed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the moose
Nov 7, 2009

TinTower posted:

Given the proximity of PTHC to Philly Dyke March, I'm surprised you didn't get TERFs picketing it like they did to the last Dyke March that happened in London two years ago.

Then again, PTHC is mostly a smorgasbord of nightly orgies and bad panels, not a hub of trans activism. :v:

Philly Dyke March was very trans inclusive. I was surprised, I was afraid we might be pushed to the edge but half the chants were for trans inclusion and I got to carry a MTF sign that they provided. I have yet to meet any TERFs. Of course I haven't really been looking for them either. My one friend who is a bit more active and observant of those kind of things did not see any either, so if they were there they were marginalized enough that none of us noticed them.

I did not go to any of the panels so I don't know if they were any good, none of the ones on Saturday looked interesting when I was there. Missed out on the orgies too.

the moose
Nov 7, 2009

So what does lgbt rights have to do with Marxist Revolution? Like I'm pretty sure you can have full lgbt rights within capitalism. It just seems kind of odd to force economic system stuff into lgbt rights.

Like sure quiltbags need jobs and capitalism is toxic but overthrowing the bourgeoisie as the only way to do it seems abit excessive.

the moose
Nov 7, 2009

So if marriage equality is repealed what happens to everyone who is already married? Also have peoples rights ever been takem away like that before?

Also what happen to all the troops who came out if Trump reinstates rules against lgbt people serving? Are we just going to lose 5% or more of the military over night?

Im takeing off work today to get passport and birth certificate's gender markers updated. If i do tjst am i safe legally at least or can Trump make me a male again?

the moose
Nov 7, 2009

Well the Supreme Court ruled 5-4 with scilla for marriage. So maybe as long as no one else dies they will uphold that decision.

I cant imagine the sc will be thrilled with voting on the same thing again within 5 years.

• Locked thread