Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

metalloid posted:

Not trans, but as a bisexual, if you were able to get rid of any aspect of my sexuality I'd hate you forever. I suspect a similar response from trans* people when it comes to the stuff that's important to them.

I'd consider erasing my infrequent attraction to men just as a matter of personal convenience. :v: There was only one case where "dating a boy would be inconvenient to my carèer" has even come up in the evaluation, though.

I also find the concept of being attracted to only one gender puzzling at a gut level, so maybe it is actually an important part of my self image.

Also having it imposed or even actively pressured would be a very, very different animal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Sharkie posted:

Welp, I was assuming the violent homophobia of this attack would get elided.

I think that in the next few days and weeks it's important that we don't let the media whitewash this event into some random tragedy. The hatred this piece of poo poo felt for gay people is clear, and we can't let his religion absolve us of the responsibility of examining and fighting against the hatred of lgbt people that lots of people in our society have, whether they're Muslim, Christian, Atheist, whatever.

:glomp: to you and all the rest, whether QUILT, BAG, or allies of.

It's a lovely couple events but tolerance is winning out... which is part of what upsets these fuckers so much. The best way to spit on this Omar fellow's grave is to keep working for justice, unity, and love. :3:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

EXAKT Science posted:

I had no idea that Latinx people can't be gay. This changes EVERYTHING

I have an ex who won't like this news. :ohdear:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Schizotek posted:

This week has been pretty awful for me. I go to school in Orlando, and while I was lucky enough to be in Texas visiting family during the shooting, I still got to wake up to texts from friends telling me my community was being massacred. Discussion about it in the household ended up with a shouting argument between me and pretty much everyone else that ended with me outed and told by my grandfather that people gays and liberals aren't part of the family's values, and if I didn't hold their values I wasn't part of the family. Feels bad man :smith:

Dang. :(

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Hermetic posted:

One of my friends just defended her dissertation and went back to Turkey...She's not LGBT (as far as I know), but she is politically active and very liberal. gently caress. :sigh:

One of my dearest friends is a Turk who just got engaged to her girlfriend and, uh, works for the Turkish government.

Her next email to me will probably cause my computer to ignite.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Hermetic posted:

Wait, Germany? That's one of those things you never check on, because you just assume they've got that poo poo on lock...

Huh, yeah, they have civil unions (or an equivalent), and you pretty much have to treat same-sex partners like spouses, but no straight up marriage.

That is the loving weirdest thing. I expect better of Europe.

Germans are stuck on technicalities? :ohdear:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

hangedman1984 posted:

No, the thing is if you allow gay marriage then all men will leave their wives to get gay married, turning them into single mothers...or something

Scalia tried to warn us. :negative:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Good doggy. :3:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Keeshhound posted:

Jesus, they're not even loving trying to pretend to have standards.

Ms Manning might have some room to appeal for a less garbage sentence based on "no, seriously, I thought based on their existing record at the time that these people were responsible journalists, but hey, turns out they're lunatic assholes and that's hardly my fault". :saddowns:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Kurtofan posted:

Sign me up for Cyber Feudalism

Emperor Soros has invited you to a plot to usurp the Presidency of the United States.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Quorum posted:

Happy coming out day, folks. I'm a flaming homosexual, and so can you! :gay:

Same, except lightly smoldering bisexual. :v:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Aleph Null posted:

I used to think being gay or straight was a choice because I assumed everyone was attracted to both men and women by default.
#JustBiThings

I never thought that but I do still have the gut response that only being attracted to one gender (rather than to non-genital characteristics that may slant strongly towards one gender) is Kinda Weird. :v:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Shukaro posted:

Bi people are actually insatiable lust demons in human skin

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

BigRed0427 posted:

Is anyone who run in farther left circles seeing or hearing " What's happening in Chechnya is not real, it's just an excuse to drum up support for war with Russia and propagate Russiaphobia?" Because one of the organizers in my area is spreading it and boy am I mad right now. When I I get home from work i can post the full post.

Also throw in "36 states in the US currently do not protect LGBT under the law so...shut up".

I, for one, cannot believe Ramzan Kadyrov would be involved in atrocities.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Quorum posted:

Fuckin :laffo:, a woman after my own heart

To be fair, there are very few animals that are more Republican than cats.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Hollismason posted:

Couldn't the military just say " Yep, we're gonna go do this but we need to figure out the right way and that's going to take at minimum 7 years"

If and when the brass decides to stone wall they'll be subtler about it but with a similar result.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

DeathMuffin posted:

It’s only passed the Senate, so it won’t be until next week sometime since Turnbull cancelled the House of Reps sitting. But yes, things look positive yay!

Speaking as an American, Australia's loving weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Gorilla Salad posted:

And if the loving bigots who did everything they could to see people denied their basic human rights ending up losing everything, well I'm pretty goddamn fine with that.

:stare:

also isn't the Governor General a generally ceremonial appointment by Queen Elizabeth, May She Reign A Thousand Years?

• Locked thread