Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

PT6A posted:

Is there any country where Catholic clergy weren't loving children? It's disturbingly common -- both the raping and the subsequent coverups that always occurred.

State College, PA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Keeshhound posted:

"Sent naked photos of himself to a woman he met online soliciting sex" - I guess it depends on when the solicitation happened; the language is vague enough that I can't tell if it's saying he just out of the blue sent the photos with a solicitation, or if he met the person when they solicited him for sex online.

That's literally what sent Anthony Weiner away.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

spotlessd posted:

That's not even what that slogan means and "our cause before yours" is a dumb strawman that has never accurately represented left opposition to identity politics.

Right, the opposition is usually "your cause doesn't matter at all, and is in fact actively harmful".

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Family support in general is one topic that a lot of internet leftists have a major blindspot for, probably due to lack of experience.

Like between universal pre-K and free college tuition, take a guess at which one will actually help more poor people.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Cythereal posted:

The bigger problem is that an awful lot of millennials are deeply disillusioned with politics in general. I'm a millennial and I'm voting for Hillary, but there are profound institutional and systemic problems with the American government and no president is capable of fixing them. Rightly or wrongly, Hillary is seen as a deeply establishment candidate and a lot of millennials hate the establishment more than they care for any particular ideology, leading to the popularity of perceived outsiders like Trump, Sanders, Stein, and Johnson with millennials.

For good and for ill, the blunt message of "poo poo in Washington DC is hosed, guys" is one that resonates very strongly with the millennial generation.

How strange, people said the same thing about Boomers in the 70s.

• Locked thread