Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vulpes Vvardenfell
Jan 30, 2011
Apparently a bathroom bill has been proposed by a member of Michigan Senate, but it looks like it's probably going nowhere. Not likely to make it out of committee. If it did become law, it its current form, it seems it'd only apply to students. Students would be required to use a unisex or staff bathroom instead, but only if they get permission from their parents.

The link is the Detroit Free Press, NOT Free Republic.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/politics/2016/05/25/transgender-bathroom-bill-debuts-but-isnt-priority/84917386/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes Vvardenfell
Jan 30, 2011

Isn't that situation flatly illegal? I'd think the people running the place could be charged with False Imprisonment.

Vulpes Vvardenfell
Jan 30, 2011
Isn't it likely Pence is already going to be in charge anyway, while Trump does his job of "Making America Great Again?" It's pretty terrible that I'm thinking that now it might really be true that Donald Trump "is the only one who can save you". Is it?

Vulpes Vvardenfell
Jan 30, 2011

ToxicFrog posted:

You're shockingly optimistic here, considering that:
- "gently caress queers" is an explicit plank of the Republican platform, and the legislation that enables that is written by Congress and interpreted by the courts, all of which are now in Republican hands; all Trump has to do is sign it as it crosses his desk, and

"gently caress queers?" I had no idea their platform was so pro-LGBT. Good on the Republicans, for finally coming out of the closet.

EDIT: Yeah I know this is a stupid joke.

Vulpes Vvardenfell
Jan 30, 2011

A Pale Horse posted:

Trump has been the most LGBT positive republican candidate to date. I would understand this panic if Slime Goblin Ted Cruz has been the candidate but I really don't think Trump has any animus towards the LGBT community, and Vice President is the most toothless position in American politics. I have no doubt that Trump doesn't want to be bothered with the every day minutia of governance but I'm thinking he's going to hand that off more to his personal team of goblins headed by probably Steve Bannon, who is also a huge turd, but not an explicitly anti LGBT one. I have no doubt he'll appoint judges bad for LGBT causes but I think that's as far as Trumps anti-LGBT work goes. Don't forget he's also got "gay traitor" Peter Thiel (who actually did a lot for LGBT causes before everyone started shrieking "traitor" in his face) buzzing in his ear and comes from the New York elite which is piled high with homosexuals. Any republican would have been bad, and Trump is a monster, he's just not a particularly anti-LGBT one so the histrionics probably aren't warranted.

There will be a lot of alt right type trolls crowing about how they're all going to send us to the fabulous gas chambers for a few months though.

Thanks for this post. I'm really not sure if you're right, but it does calm my nerves significantly.

Vulpes Vvardenfell
Jan 30, 2011
Apparently a Federal Judge ruled that the ACA's anti-discrimination protections for Transgender people is invalid - because "religious freedom".

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/federal-judge-blocks-obamacare-protections-for-transgender-people_us_58685a53e4b0eb586489cd49

Vulpes Vvardenfell
Jan 30, 2011
The bathroom bill put forth in Alabama says that you can have unisex bathrooms, but only if you have a security guard watching it.

Vulpes Vvardenfell
Jan 30, 2011
Anybody know when we're likely to get a ruling on whether or not these bathroom bills are constitutional? Any guesses as to the ruling? I really hope we don't get a federal version.

Vulpes Vvardenfell
Jan 30, 2011
And another state sees the introduction of a bathroom bill.

http://thecolu.mn/24182/mn-gopers-introduce-anti-transgender-bill-targets-schools

Vulpes Vvardenfell
Jan 30, 2011
The Indiana bill to prevent people from changing their birth certificates, looks to be dead. The committee chair isn't going to give it a hearing at all. Glad to hear some good news for a change.

Vulpes Vvardenfell
Jan 30, 2011
Yeah... not unexpected, but certainly a very bad sign.

http://www.hrc.org/blog/president-trump-appoints-lawyer-who-defended-discriminatory-hb2-to-key-civi

Vulpes Vvardenfell
Jan 30, 2011
Well this is dismaying, but not even remotely unexpected.

The new head of the OCR in the Department of Health and Human Services is a bigot. :sigh:

Vulpes Vvardenfell
Jan 30, 2011
Just thought I'd point this out...

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/2796/text

It looks like it's mostly meant to invalidate a bunch of anti-discrimination laws, because they don't like the judicial precedents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes Vvardenfell
Jan 30, 2011

cis autodrag posted:

Your information is out of date and the idea that confirmation surgery results in a "fake" genital that doesn't work like the real thing is propaganda.

I keep hearing conflicting information about neovaginas being self-cleaning. A lot of people say it isn't, and others say that it is after the first two months, while the proper bacteria get a foothold. Do you know where reliable information is to be had on that?

• Locked thread