Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

PT6A posted:

...well played.

Honestly it's just depressing how eager people are to ignore kidfucking if there's any reason at all for them to do so.

And at the same time demonize the LGBT community as a threat to children

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Lively makes me wish I was still christian so I could look forward to the day he had to answer to the god he claims to worship

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

joat mon posted:

You could be a Universalist and think of all the people he would be 'stuck' sharing heaven with.

I believe in reincarnation now, so I just think about all the karmic debt he will be paying off next time around.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Megaspel posted:

In regards to the pill that would erase transgenderism/gayness whatever. The topic was already discussed and completely solved forever in the hit movie "X-Men The Last Stand™". Please use "X-Men The Last Stand™" for all future reference for any debate and/or discussion centred around a pill that cures people of being different.

Its made from a gay kid whose gay power is to turn others straight, and it works but will eventually wear off?

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

TrueBlood was worse, I mean the vampires were objectively horrible monsters destroying peoples lives.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

And that isn't even to mention the thousands of recorded instances of homosexuality that occur in nature otherwise.

But MAGNETS!!! Checkmate libtard!

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

What... about them?

They can get same sex married if they want to?

No, the thing is if you allow gay marriage then all men will leave their wives to get gay married, turning them into single mothers...or something

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Party Plane Jones posted:

NBCNews has polling for LGBT voters overwhelmingly supporting Clinton (72%), but I really want to meet the 20% of those polled saying they're supporting Trump. Outside of Thiel and Milo I can't really think of anybody publicly supporting him in that community.

Were the poll choices only Clinton and Trump? I know some people that have bought into the "where there is smoke there is fire" idea about all the 'scandals', but who are still very anti-trump

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Baka-nin posted:

You could all join Unions that have commitments to defend LGBT members from discrimination, I know American Unions have terrible reputations but there's got to be some that aren't. Hell my union the IWW has been very active in adapting to its LGBT members needs over the past couple of years.

Whats a union?

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Bethamphetamine posted:

North Carolina's legislature today has its 5th special session, to repeal HB2.

So far they have:
-recognized outgoing lawmakers.
-recognized an intern for their service.
-successfully voted on rules, over objections by some lawmakers that this 5th special session is unconstitutional.
-recessed 3 times so repubs could have closed door meetings.
-not proposed the repeal of HB2. Wait, untrue. Just now senate dems have finally filed the bill to repeal

You can check on this guy's twitter for updates
https://twitter.com/NickOchsnerWBTV/status/811634817846669316

And the repeal fails
http://www.hrc.org/blog/breaking-hb2-repeal-fails-deeply-discriminatory-bill-continues-to-target-lg
:argh: :bang:

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

VitalSigns posted:

Are you claiming people are going to get sex changes for fun just so they can feel like they got one over on an insurance company? :confused:

I believe he was talking about in general, not specifically about GRS.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Hollismason posted:

From the DnD picture thread but what is the story behind this?

How the gently caress is blocking someone bullying them?

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

cis autodrag posted:

I think you'd see a lot of queer people get shot by hillbillies claiming that the queer person was menacing them and they had to stand their ground.

Gay panic becomes an acceptable legal defense again.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Bethamphetamine posted:

All the way back to the supreme court, but this time with Gorsuch.

Who is replacing Scalia, so it would be one antigay vote replacing another antigay vote. Doesn't change anything.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

BigRed0427 posted:

Is anyone who run in farther left circles seeing or hearing " What's happening in Chechnya is not real, it's just an excuse to drum up support for war with Russia and propagate Russiaphobia?" Because one of the organizers in my area is spreading it and boy am I mad right now. When I I get home from work i can post the full post.

Also throw in "36 states in the US currently do not protect LGBT under the law so...shut up".

Luckily no, I would be loving pissed if someone tried to tell me that.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Yardbomb posted:

SO, HOW ABOUT THAT CHECHNYA SITUATION NOT BEING REAL.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/04/21/chechnyas-president-i-will-eliminate-the-gay-community-by-the-start-of-ramadan/

"The president of Chechnya has issued a chilling warning to gay men in the region. Sources have said that he wants the [LGBT] community eliminated by the start of Ramadan."

"Mr Duncan revealed that he spoke directly to his counterpart, Russia’s deputy foreign secretary Vladimir Titov, to challenge the Russian Federation on human rights abuses against LGBT people.
British Embassy representatives have also spoken directly to the Russian government to raise the issue. However a spokesperson for Vladimir Putin has said the Russian president has no reason to believe the attacks are genuine.
Dmitry Peskov, Putin’s Press Secretary, claimed that investigators have found no evidence to support reports of the purge, which originated in respected newspaper Novaya Gazeta, according to Associated Press."

"This week, Putin had a meeting with Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov, who told the Russian president not to believe the “provocative” articles. He also accused international organisations of conducting a “massive information attack using the most unworthy methods, reality is distorted, attempts are being made to blacken our society, lifestyle, traditions and customs.” A spokesperson for Chechnya’s leader Ramzan Kadyrov has previously denied there are any gay people to purge, insisting that “you can’t detain and harass someone who doesn’t exist in the republic”."

But you know, false flag, russophobia, whatever other bullshit.

Clearly just more anti-russia propaganda :rolleyes:

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Agnosticnixie posted:

So tomorrow is going to win me a bet I was hoping not to: it's the day where every moron conlgbt can finally shut the gently caress up about Trump's rainbow flag.

Every loving piece of poo poo that tried to tell me that Trump was totally gonna be an ally to the LGBT community can gently caress off and die, the loving self-deluded morons.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Tias posted:

Yeah, I was asking for the largest one, sorry. Is it in E/N or GBS?

You might be looking for the fabgoons thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3731172

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Control Volume posted:

How would yall feel about a catholic float at pride?

I'd be ok with catholic PEOPLE marching, but probably be against an official catholic church float.

Control Volume posted:

Id personally be okay with it since the american catholic community is generally less assholish than rome

There is a strain of American Catholicism that is just as bad as the worst evangelicals. Remember Bill Donohue?

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Yeah, I'm having a hard time seeing this end any other way besides the Supreme Court going "you know what we goddamn meant, quit being idiots!".

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

gently caress this poo poo stain of a president! I am so pissed right now!

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/343847-trump-calls-for-ban-on-transgender-individuals-in-military

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

I don't want to join the army.

Some people do and it's hosed up they can't because they are trans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Thanks for the effort post, I wasn't quite clear what exactly was happening in Australia and why the same-sex marriage vote was crashing the government. This really cleared it for me.

• Locked thread