Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
A small town in Alabama called Oxford just released a brand new :eyepop:SUPER TOUGH bathroom law :eyepop:, passed unanimously... and then repealed it days later.

http://www.vox.com/2016/4/27/11518364/oxford-alabama-transgender-criminal

Cheers for people realizing how stupid this poo poo is or caving under pressure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
NC is making "bathroom policy" the hill they die on? Really?

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Oh my god, that speech owned.

Taking questions now:

https://www.justice.gov/live-stream

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I think if you look at a map of US states it's about the same percentage actually, at least for state-level non-driver ID stuff. The federal stuff here is pretty good now though. (I'm not including Russia because... lol yeah.)

Some of those states that are marked as being good actually require surgury/sterilization to specifically change birth certificates too, like Pennsylvania.

quote:

http://www.transequality.org/documents/state/pennsylvania

Pennsylvania has no specific gender correction provision, but the general statute governing amendments to birth certificates is Penn. Stat. § 450.603. To apply for an amended birth certificate the applicant should submit a birth certificate request form, a statement from a surgeon that surgery has been performed, a certified copy of the court ordered name change (if applicable), and payment of the applicable fees.

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jun 2, 2016

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I've heard of people being able to just walk into a Social Security office and change their info without a letter of any kind along with their name change (before the policy was changed recently to make it easier by just requiring a generic "has completed transition" letter from a doctor), but they just got lucky. Having to get lucky, start a lawsuit, etc, for such an important process is still pretty garbage, but a bit better than having it specifically say you must be sterilized imo.

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jun 2, 2016

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
At best they're places where you send your kids after you realize you never wanted kids, basically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

No I won't because it doesn't matter. Here's some actual advice: if you're that insecure about your sexuality that a stranger telling another stranger to stop straightsplaining poo poo on an internet forum give you the vapors you need to focus on getting that in check because you'll crumble the first time you actually meet someone "offline" that has an issue with you and your sexual orientation.

Wow you're a huge piece of poo poo.

• Locked thread